Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blue

mandelic acid (for red marks and acne)

After reading all the good posts about MA, I ordered the 10% MA and I have started using it 2 days ago. I can not believe how fast this stuff make my skin peel. it started peeling within 1 hr or so. Is this normal? or I have applied to much MA on my face. It have not experience any burning at all, I have mild ance and I hoped this stuff will clear it too. But it is too soon to tell.

Thanks

I've been using MA for almost a week now and wanted to post my results.

First of all, I love this stuff! My skin is usually very oily so this is exactly what I needed.

I started out using it twice a day but I've had to switch to only at night cuz my skin was getting too peely.

I had 2 pimples when I started and they all but dissolved when I started the MA. I was doing the Acne Cure but now I only use the MA. This stuff rocks!

I've had to do taping in the morning because of the peeling from the MA but after I tape and moisturize everything is fine. (I wish I'd have known about taping when I tried Retin A)

My redmarks have faded some and I'm sure after a month or so they'll be almost non existent. Yay!!

Thanks for letting everyone know about this stuff!! I gotta buy stock in this stuff cuz it's my new Holy Grail!

i've been using MA for 9 days and so far, no results. i got a couple of new pimples too. i hear people saying that their skin has peeled drastically with MA, but that's not the case for me. maybe it's because my skin is very resistant because i used to apply tons of salycic acid and benzoyl peroxide on it. 10% MA serum on my skin is stlil very gentle considered to other treatments i had consistently use. am i not using enough MA? i put about one layer on morning and night. all my marks are on my forehead so i use about 3/4 pumps for my whole forehead. i am still anxiously awaiting my skin to peel so it'll reveal a clearer layer. my skin does look really dry, wrinkly, and scaly, so mayube it's almost ready to peel. any comment will be appreciated.

My forehead has never peeled. The only peeling I got was sides of nose and each side of my mouth and chin. I'm sure it is working. I don't know if our forehead skin is thicker or what??? but I have never peeled on my forehead or cheeks from any product I have ever used. So, I would not take that as an indication that it is not working. I bet if you put it on your whole face, other parts would peel. I would judge the success of this product by what it is doing to your overall complexion. Take a picture, if you have to, and then take another picture about a month later. See what the difference is.

I've been using it the same amount of time and brokeout with little bumps that cleared up quickly today. i haven't noticed anything really either but it takes 2-4 weeks according to this thread to see a significant difference.

Also, the forehead and chin are the "thickest" parts of your face so it may take a bit longer.

I've been using it the same amount of time and brokeout with little bumps that cleared up quickly today.  i haven't noticed anything really either but it takes 2-4 weeks according to this thread to see a significant difference.  

Also, the forehead and chin are the \"thickest\" parts of your face so it may take a bit longer.

Wow. I'm using one pump for each area of my face. 4 pumps in all. My entire face is peely. I'd been doing the Acne Cure so I'd been using lots of SA, GA and BP before I started on the MA. I won't use anything else now because the MA is almost too drying and I don't want to get myself into trouble.

I use like 20 pumps, no joke, for my whole face and neck. It doesnt seem to be that much. I have used MA for 7 days, night and day, and have no peeling/sensitivityl. Nothing good, nothing bad to report, but it is WAY too early to tell.

i'm on my 10th day of MA treatment and so far, no results. :-(. i'm starting to get a bit discouraged. on the first few days, i used about 1 pump on my forehead twice a day, and now i've upped the amount to 3 pumps. my skin has been getting dryer and more wrinkly and i've gotten a few pimples too. it's funny because the bottle says MA is supposed to help fine lines but instead, it's given me a bunch of wrinkles and i'm only 19!! it's horrible. i just hope my face will peel soon! it's so nasty right now, i got lines and dark patches every where. i think the drying darkened my skin. are there people out there who didn't get good results wiht MA after using it for over a month? i'm worried i could be one of those and MA just isn't going to do it for me.

I would just like to inform everyone or people who are wishing to buy mandelic acid is that it isn't a miracle cream like some people claim it is. I purchased the cream and have been using it for 2 weeks now,so far no great results. I was using the retinol night cream from estee lauder and it made my skin much more radiant than mandelic acid ever will.By the way this cream has been discontinued.I hope that some people aren't trying to sell some of their products on this website by giving people false hopes.

i'm on my 10th day of MA treatment and so far, no results.  :-(.  i'm starting to get a bit discouraged.  on the first few days, i used about 1 pump on my forehead twice a day, and now i've upped the amount to 3 pumps.  my skin has been getting dryer and more wrinkly and i've gotten a few pimples too.  it's funny because the bottle says MA is supposed to help fine lines but instead, it's given me a bunch of wrinkles and i'm only 19!!  it's horrible.  i just hope my face will peel soon!  it's so nasty right now, i got lines and dark patches every where.  i think the drying darkened my skin.  are there people out there who didn't get good results wiht MA after using it for over a month?  i'm worried i could be one of those and MA just isn't going to do it for me.
I would just like to inform everyone or people who are wishing to buy mandelic acid is that it isn't a miracle cream like some people claim it is. I purchased the cream and have been using it for 2 weeks now,so far no great results. I was using the retinol  night cream from estee lauder and it made my skin much more radiant than mandelic acid ever will.By the way this cream has been discontinued.I hope that some people aren't trying to sell some of their products on this website by giving people false hopes.

When your skin looks like that, it is probably ready to come off, just keep using a good oil-free moisturizer/sunscreen and your skin will look better in a week. You have suffer through it , trust me.

When your skin looks like that, it is probably ready to come off, just keep using a good oil-free moisturizer/sunscreen and your skin will look better in a week. You have suffer through it , trust me.

i am very very happy with the cleanser and serum.

My skin was good before I started using the mandelic (due to retin a) but now it's even better.

I use mandelic one night and retin a the next night. The mandelic has helped more than the retin a with my red marks.

My brother noticed a difference in 2 nights.

I think some people's skin responds very well to mandelic.

Guest Tracy
By the way this cream has been discontinued.I hope that some people aren't trying to sell some of their products on this website by giving people false hopes.

Doesn't drip off at all. I dont do 20 pumps into my plam and then lather. I do neck cheeks and stuff, then forehead. Its either 20 or more in the end. I dont know how anyone can completly cover there face with 7 pumps..

Guest Tracy

Adam, I usually use 4 or 5 pumps for my entire face. How big is your face?? (j/k!)

Average, really biggrin.gif/ . I have REALLY thick skin and I get the 5'oclock shadow, so, when I throw this stuff on I HAVE to put it on to get through the "obstacles". Plus, I like the tighting effect, not to mention I have oily skin so this really helps! And no, no peeling or irration either biggrin.gif

adam, if you actually use 20 pumps, do you layer it on layer after layer? how long does it take for you to put all that on??? it's just kinda hard for me to imagine.

i can't wait until my skin peels! all the lightening of the scars appear after peeling, right?

I dunno I put a huge gob in my palms rub it around for like a milla-second, then spread it on my neck upwards to my chin and cheek area. Then grab the serum bottle again pump away, and apply that to my forehead. Then I do it again, only this time not as much and apply that to my nose and uppercheek/eyebrow area. I dunno why its such a big deal to be honest. I use about 7-8 pumps each time, 3x's, well you can do the math...I have been on it for 10 days 2x's a day. No peeling, nor does my skin even look like its about to peel. The main thing I notice when I wash my face and after I dry it, its taught. Plus my hands are real dry and do feel wrinkled up like Zeenoe or whoever it was that said that, but after I put moisturizer on them they are as smooth as ever. I dont have any scar's, my acne was caused by taking hormonal medicine that shot my Testorone levels up by 200%. I do have a small chiken pox scar on my forehead, however(nothing has happened). Anyway, I was on the meds for 7 months before I stopped. However the medicine has a 6 month half-life and I am only on my second month of not using it (4 months to go). But I am plagued by oil (still) and lots of redmarks, blackheads, and a few enlarged pores. As for improvment to early to tell, but my skin is nice and tight, red marks are fading a lot better(it seems), I dont get ingrown hairs as much, and my oil production is MUCH better. Time will tell, but even if my stuff fades away and the acne calms down I will still use MA. I will always have mild ingrown hairs, and this stuff should help with that, as well as keep me looking young.

Mandelic acid doesn't work for everyone, just some.So if people are looking to invest in this rather get a sample first before buying a full bottle. Anyway retinol works preety good for me,iv been using it for 2 months now and wow do i see a difference.My scars are so shallow they are barely noticeable,but my scars weren't deep before anyway