Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blue

mandelic acid (for red marks and acne)

Does this alpha-hydroxy acid work for anybody ?It is meant for dark-skinned people.I have started using it 2 days ago.I haven't noticed any noticable difference in my skin yet.I am using it for acne scars and melasma.

Hi,

This is my 4th day using this non-irritating AHA and my skin is smooth but there is no difference in scars.I have chosen this AHA because it doesn't irritate the skin and works for acne,acne scars and melasma moreover my complexion is medium and this AHA is for medium and dark skinned people.So,i will keep updating .

I started using the 10% serum 2 weeks ago, know im up to twice aday, and my skin looks the best its been in years, just give it time to work, this is the only aha i've been able to use without irratation.

Hatch

This is my fifth day and my skin is dry today.I have started using eucerin protective moisture lotion spf 30 after using this 10% mandelic acid serum.I think that mandelic acid is stronger acid than glycolic acid and it is non-irritating too.Skin has started peeling without any redness.I had tried glycolic acid too but could not tolerate the irritation.

This is my sixth day and not a single zit :D/ .I think that my light brown scars are getting lighter but there is no difference in dark brown scars.I had a big cyst on my chin before started using mandelic acid but it disappeared without any scarring .Can u believe it?

Hatch-Where did you buy mandelic acid and how much did u pay for it?

I bought this from www.skincarerx.com.I didn't buy the whole kit of nucell mandelic acid complex.I just bought the 10% serum(4 oz for $35).let's see how much will it help ?

This is my 9th day and this is exfoliating my skin so good and i didn't get a pimple.Dark scars are fading fast .

I do tape method too.I wash my face with a glycerin soap and when

it is dry ,i do taping.After taping,i apply this 10% serum of mandelic acid.After 10 minutes,i apply eucerin protective lotion with spf 30 then almay loose powder ,that's it.

I posted a response about Mandelic acid to browny on 28 May,topic ACNE SCARRING FOR BROWN SKIN.There is a clinic here in San Antonio that uses it because of the high Hispanic population.I have not used it yet because I am presently using the Skin Biology products but I also have fair skin so I have a choice of several products that the darker skinned individuals can't use.I went to the clinic for laser treatment on facial spider veins and saw the product.I asked the nurse and she told me that the darker skinned patients liked it and it helped both their acne and acne scars.Keep us posted on your progress with the product.

This is my 10th day and my skin is looking better day by day.There is no change in melasma scars but acne scars are fading fast.Dark brown scars are shrinking and light brown scars are light pink in color.

Earlier,i tried everything except accutane but nothing worked .I was looking for my holy grail serum for my skin related problems and i got it.

It was pretty embarassing for me to get acne at the age of 30.I think that my skin renewal process was not going smoothly.That's why my skin was breaking out.Now,mandelic acid is exfoliating my skin and dead cells are coming out faster so there is no acne at all.

are you just working on dark marks or actual depressed or pitted scarring?

I don't have any depressed or pitted scars only dark brown,light brown discolorations and melasma (gift of motherhood) and this is working good for my acne scars only.So far so good.

This is 11th day and skin is improving day by day.I love my sunscreen too.This is the first sunscreen which didn't break me out and moisturizes my skin very well .I use it day and night.I have noticed that using sunscreen with alpha hydroxy acids is very important .Earlier,almost every sunscreen broke me out .So,i will continue using eucerin protective moisture lotion with spf 30.Yesterday,my husband said that my skin was improving fast. :)/ :D

Well,this is 12th day and i got two pimples on my forehead .Finally,my stubborn acne have learned how to fight against my new serum.Let's see :-k ,my acne-stressed days have come back or not.As far as scars are concerned ,they are fading quickly but there is no change in melasma scars.

This is 13th day and scars are fading fast.Pimples i got a day ago ,are drying too.I have added queen helene mint julep mask on every alternate day in my regimen after taping .This is my HG mask.Everybody has got different skin and my skin needs exfoliation everyday.this acid is exfoliating my skin very well.

One more thing,never touch your face and ladies,always keep your makeup brushes and sponges clean.I know it is very hard to keep your hands away from your face.

:D/ I love to see my face after washing it .Those two small zits on my forehead just vanished without any scarring .I don't need that much foundation on my face now.Mandelic acid is fading acne scars very fast.My melasma scars are little bit lighter at some places.I will continue using it and i will order 15% mandelic acid next time.I don't wanna go over 15% as that will do harm to my skin ph.

This is my 18th day of using it and i have got 1 zit on my forehead .Acne scars are getting lighter but no change in melasma scars.Taping is also helping to get rid of dry flakes.

It was 20th day when mandelic acid was irritating my skin and i got a big brown scar on my left cheek next morning.I got scared what the hell?Then i figured out that i overdid taping last night and applied mandelic acid after that. ](*,) .

Today ,dry patches of scarred skin were peeling and there was fresh skin underneath it.Now, i will be careful regarding taping as it would not help in the process of exfoliating .

Hi Blue

How is the Mandelic acid comming along.I just put in an order for a bottle.I have been using the CP serum and Exfol Serum from Skin Biology along with the EMU oil.I am going to use the Mandelic acid in place of the Exfol Serum in order to compare the two.I know u were reporting good results from using it and was curious to know if it was still working for you.:D/

Hey blue - thanks for reporting the way you are. Are you just dabbing the mandelic acid onto scars or doing your whole face?

Also, what do you mean by melasma?

This is my 33rd day of using mandelic acid and my complexion is clearer and flawless than 33 days ago.The best thing about it is "acne free face".Knock wood.It is doing great for my adult acne too.If i get a zit ,it dries out without scarring.i will keep using it .I apply 4-5 pumps,still my bottle of 4 oz. is half full .

I stopped writing because i thought that nobody is interested in it.

I do taping only when i see that skin is peeling otherwise i don't.Taping was irritating my skin when i was doing it everyday.I treat my skin very gently now.Scars are so light that i don't use foundation anymore.I don't forget to use my sunscreen after using this acid. The great thing about it is that melasma on right cheek is getting lighter too. :D/

Maya-I put this on my whole face.I feel so good when i go out without makeup.Scars are still there but they are very light in color.Earlier,they were dark brown.Melasma is hyperpigmentation on face due to pregnancy which goes after delivery but mine is stubborn.

Hi

You can use Mandelic acid for both light and dark skin.The reason you here more about it for darker skinned individuals is because many have problems with the other AHA's.

I live in San Antonio Texas(USA)where there is a large population of Hispanic people which are dark skinned and the dermatologist that I go to both uses and sells it to his patients.I have very fair skin myself and he told me that it would work just as well on my skin as any of the other AHA's but with less irritation.

I just started using it and just like blue will report my progress.I had been using the exfol serum in the morning and the CP serum with the EMU oil at night from Skin Biology.I am now replacing the Exfol serum with the Mandelic acid to compare the two.

(blue) thank you for the update!!!