Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uknown0084

why does my make-up disintegrate?

well i never really wore make-up before untill a couple days ago when I started putting some on just my red spots so to make them less visible... I look great after doing that but I find that as the day wears on, my makeup seems to disintegrate, making my red marks apparent again.. i currently just dab on the powder to my brush and apply it to my face in a circular motion... is there something else i should be doing so that my makeup actually stays on better?

What type of makeup are you using exactly? Is it general drugstore powder e.g. rimmel, maybelline, etc or is a dry mineral foundation?

It sounds like you are using drugstore powders. I have experimented with a variety of these and found that they do not stay on very well in addition to not providing me with the coverage i desire. You could try re-applying the powder later in the day, however I recommend using dry mineral makeup as it is relatively easy to apply and stays on the face for hours in addition to being waterproof and having a natural SPF.

However, before you spend money on new cosmetics, try cleansing, exfoliating and then moisturising the skin before applying the powder and then seal this powder with a setting powder. If this does not work then i would consider using mineral makeup. Alternatively, you could purchase a liquid foundation such as Estee Lauder's oil free doublewear foundation as this stays put for 12 hours! I am currently using Couvrence oil free foundation which is like a wax foundation and it stays on for over 8 hours and does not start to disintegrate with time.

well i never really wore make-up before untill a couple days ago when I started putting some on just my red spots so to make them less visible... I look great after doing that but I find that as the day wears on, my makeup seems to disintegrate,  making my red marks apparent again.. i currently just dab on the powder to  my brush and apply it to my face in a circular motion... is there something else i should be doing so that my makeup actually stays on better?

the reason it breaks down is becuz the chemistry of the makeup is wrong for the chemistry of your skin. if u have oily skin it will break down quicker, so try using blotting sheets to remove the oil and then powder over the top of that to help it last.

best long lasting concealer would be kryolan dermacolor.

it will last all day and all night even if your face is oily.

it doesnt shift around or change color.