Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i have had hormonal acne for a year and have tried more products than i care to mention before finally finding something that works. i never went to a derm only because i dont think most doctors know what they are talking about. being on these boards and others, with real people who have found solutions have helped me the most! i had acne on my chin, jawline, and cheeks- horrible acne (cysts that turned brown and took forever to go away, white heads and black heads). my face continues to be VERY oily. i use the proactiv and boscia blotting linens for that.

being that my acne is hormonal ( i am 40 years old and in perimenopause ), i found that i could not use chemicals on my face. so BP cream is out for me. i can only use BP as a wash. i only use the dermabrasion cloths on my face (sold on ebay) here are the products i use:

A.M.:

carleys clear & smooth (wash for 30 seconds)

kirks castile exfoliating face wash (wash for 2 minutes)

thayers witch hazel w/aloe (as a toner)

mama lotion

kirks castile acne gel

P.M.:

same as above

EVERY OTHER DAY:

origins modern friction

AS NEEDED:

neosporin on any sensitive areas

pure simplicity neem facial mask (this burns a little, but you only leave it on for 5 minutes)

lemon/egg white mask & vinegar toner

you might say...wow, you sure do lots of exfoliation! and yes thats true. it seems that with the hormonal deal going on my skin is trying to repair itself too fast and in the process, since it is also so very oily, closing up all the oil and dead skin in my pores. so for me, natural products and constant exfoliation is the key. i also take b vitamins, kefir, efa's and drink lots of steam distilled water.

i hope this helps someone

Hi there,

I was interested in learning more about the Origins Modern Friction product.

Would you mind telling me a little bit more about how you find it, etc.?

It may be a little tough to have solid feedback, as you are using other exfoliating products, but if you have any helpful comments to share, I would appreciate it.

Yes I would love to give you additional information! i purchased the origns modern friction at the mall in the origins store. but, i have also seen it in their online store as well. it's being praised as "Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion". how right they are! here's some information from the website:

Modern Frictionâ„¢ Nature's gentle dermabrasion

Sand-blasting skin with coarse, chemical crystals? How painfully passé. Here’s age-erasing exfoliation without irritation. Skin-refining Rice Starch, cushioned in cream, shows real affinity for rapidly removing sluggish cells, uneven patches and surface sun damage. Lemon Oil kick starts the process of illumination. Another age-sweeping action: Vitamin C mops up skin-menacing free radicals. All while Aloe keeps skin calm and comfy. There’s no ouch, extra steps or other complications. No redness or flaking follows. The before-and-afters are amazing. Signs of lines and size of pores appear to shrink. Skin looks like porcelain, perfectly polished, smooth and luminous. And the perk-me-up aromas of Bergamot and Peppermint help you look on the bright side.

This just in! It’s a scientific fact. Modern Friction™ measures up to clinical micro-dermabrasion. Origins conducted a side-by-side study comparing Modern Friction™ and clinical micro-dermabrasion. The results? Modern Friction™ is equally effective in reducing the look of lines, wrinkles and age spots and increasing smoothness and radiance. And it’s 2.5X more gentle!

Origins tested Modern Frictionâ„¢ on a panel of 54 women. After just one try, of those who had undergone clinical micro-dermabrasion, 94% said would now use Modern Frictionâ„¢ instead.

How to use: Scoop onto fingertips and massage over dry, clean skin in a circular motion. Avoid sensitive areas like eye area, lips and bottom of nose. Rinse with water. Follow with appropriate tonic.

For all skin types

even tho i use other products for exfoliation, i saw a marked difference when i used this product- and best of all, no reaction from my sensitive skin either! after using, my skin was much smoother and brighter. great great great. i couldnt believe it myself. however, i use this every other day instead of the 2-3 day/week they recommend. its also won some awards at the beauty shows- not sure which ones.

hope this helps!

well for me it isnt bad. i make my distilled water at home and when i use tap water or spring water to do it- lots of gunk comes out of that water. yuck. so for me it has worked well. i drink 8-10 glasses /day.

Beba, while distilled water is good to detox, it's extremely bad in the long term.

It can cause huge mineral and vitamin deficiences, not only does it lack the vitamins natural spring water does, it also causes rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure. Cooking foods in distilled water pulls the minerals out of them and lowers their nutrient value.

Distilled water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more distilled water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, "Distilled water, being essentially mineral-free, is very aggressive, in that it tends to dissolve substances with which it is in contact. Notably, carbon dioxide from the air is rapidly absorbed, making the water acidic and even more aggressive. Many metals are dissolved by distilled water."

I'd reccommend using a water filter that gives natural mineral water, this will take all the junk out, but leave the goodness in.

Please be aware of the risks.

I'm using Carley's clear and smooth for my backa rea and its working GREAT!!

Also the Thayers Aloe vera Formula Toner is AWESOME.

I'm also using a dermabrasion cloth i got from the body shop.........

Went to the origins counter today, I purchased some Modern friction! Hope it's a good an exfoliater as I'm expecting. Bloody pricey though, £28!

i know, pricey indeed! but u only have to use a lil bit i have found. hope it works for you.

The price is what kept me from buying it also smile.gif I have tried WAY too many products that don't work to be spending that kind of money. But I have heard very good things about this so I may break down and purchase it soon. smile.gif

i suppose you could take a look at the ingredients and make your own. how would you do the rice? grind it up in the grinder till its fine i suppose?

grind it up in the blenderfor about 25 sec for each cup of rice. Add lavender oil and tto and mix. Add clearisil wash and a lil toothpaste. This works great but i am useing baking soda xfoliation because i dnt need ot g through all that effort.