Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkpanther32

Pears Soap: The best cleanser ever!

No wonder people didn't have as many skin problems back in the old days! They kept their routine simple! Pears soap is so awesome, i'd say its better than cetaphil or neutrogena extra gentle cleanser. It has the least amount of ingredients (sodium palmitate, natural rosin, glycerine, sodium cocoate, water, rosemary extract, thyme extract, and pears fragrance essence), it's hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, contains no animal fats, and its' non-animal tested. This transparent soap is so awesome! It leaves your skin squeaky clean and sooooo soft! I just started using it two days ago, and there's already a big diff. in my skin. My mom tells me that my grandmother used to use this, alot of people did back then. I think if you're using acne meds or anything of the sort, this is the best non-irritating, gentle cleanser out there! yay! my quest has finally ended! lol biggrin.gif

Hello Mr.Panther, did you buy yours from the internet? Would you by any chance look at these links (Which I have found to be selling Pears soap for the cheapest price yet) and tell me which one of these happens to be the one you use? The Green or the Orange?

1.) $1.79 (Without Shipping)

http://www.zuckermanpharmacy.com/product.c...cts/842997.html

2.)$1.79 (Without Shipping) http://www.americarx.com/index.asp?PageAct...OD&ProdID=14740

Thank you.

I love Pears! But I've never thought of using it as a facial cleanser though. Maybe I should. Thanks for sharing!

No wonder people didn't have as many skin problems back in the old days! They kept their routine simple! Pears soap is so awesome, i'd say its better than cetaphil or neutrogena extra gentle cleanser. It has the least amount of ingredients (sodium palmitate, natural rosin, glycerine, sodium cocoate, water, rosemary extract, thyme extract, and pears fragrance essence), it's hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, contains no animal fats, and its' non-animal tested. This transparent soap is so awesome! It leaves your skin squeaky clean and sooooo soft! I just started using it two days ago, and there's already a big diff. in my skin. My mom tells me that my grandmother used to use this, alot of people did back then. I think if you're using acne meds or anything of the sort, this is the best non-irritating, gentle cleanser out there! yay! my quest has finally ended! lol  biggrin.gif

kaPP - I agree that it is too soon to tell, but I also understand that the person was excited to share their good results so far. I think the post contained good information for those not so familiar with Pears.

Pinkpanther - wish you continued success.

Here is an interesting read about Andrew Pears:

http://bubbles.org/html/history/bubhistory.htm

Pinkpanther - please keep us updated on how it goes for you.

Does it say it is suitable for the face as well? Is it drying at all?

Can you describe your skin for us also?

I could be mistaken, but I thought I read that Jessica (Neosporin thread) used Pears soap (the green one perhaps?).

Do you know the difference between the two?

I phoned Wal-Mart and they have some. I think it is in a pack of 8 or 12 for about $8,99.

yeah i use Pears soap regularly and it's great!

I used it during and after my course of Accutane and I think it really helped.

This is a great soap!

I'm using it, i love it. My skin feels so soft after using it.

Note: I use the orange transparent one.

So it's regular bar soap, not liquid right? Wow, it's so cheap, I think I'll have to pick some up!

This sounds good do you think that it is getle aeough to in the middle of the day? I was my face in the morning and night, but in the middle of the day I play the flute and I think I get acne on my chin for it cry.gif So I'm looking for something getle to use.

Thaks for letting us all know about it!

i thought soap dried the face

what about sensitive skin..or people that use makeup..

so no one has broken out from it or anything?? or got oily?

Nope, the BP got rid of my oily skin. And this soap seems to have stopped breakouts.

I'm using it also. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but I'm still using it! eusa_angel.gif I really want to like it for its simplicity, but my skin has been acting up lately, and I'm not sure exactly what it is due to (I'm not blaming this yet, though). However, I have no problem with how it feels when washing or afterwards. No doubt it's a great bargain. 12 bars of long-lasting soap for about 8 or 9 dollars.

So yes, Nita, it's a bar soap, orange and transparent (the traditional one).

Olive_leaf - it could be gentle enough. However, I don't know if washing three times a day could end up irritating your skin. I think it's also important to consider the possibility of allergic reactions to any of the essential oils. There's always the possibility of any ingredient in any product not agreeing with your skin, so it's a chance to take, unless you know of sensitivity to one beforehand. I think I will try to write to the company to find out what other ingredients (if any) are part of this soap.

Dannie - It doesn't dry out my face at all, and it doesn't leave a filmy, residue-like feel. The smell is quite strong (but it doesn't seem to stay after rinsing), but it feels quite gentle. I think it's intended for sensitive skin, and as far as making it oily, I can't say I've noticed it making my skin more oily than it already is. eusa_angel.gif

This is what it says on the box:

Pears soap is the natural way to a lovely complexion because it is made from simple, pure ingredients - glycerine, and the natural oils of thyme and cedar. And it is mellowed and aged for three months until it reaches a pure transparency. This unique aging process also makes Pears soap extremely long lasting.

Pears soap is especially made to take care of even the most delicate of fine skins, cleansing thoroughly (so Dannie, it should remove make-up just fine - it does for me), gently, naturally.

Because there is no harsh free-alkali in the formulation, it is very effective on dry skin and gentle enough for baby's skin.

Good luck everyone!

Well, I called the customer service line, and unfortunately, the full ingredient list is only available if requested by a physician (or if you have a letterhead from a physician who recommended it to you).

I may try to still write to them to see if there is any possibility to receive one anyhow, but I'm not so sure.

Well, I called the customer service line, and unfortunately, the full ingredient list is only available if requested by a physician (or if you have a letterhead from a physician who recommended it to you).

I may try to still write to them to see if there is any possibility to receive one anyhow, but I'm not so sure.

there alcohol in it..hmmm..do yall use moisturizer after??

where can u get it cuz i didnt see it on the walgreens site

Is this any more detailed than the list you already have?

http://www.allcures.com/shared/product.asp?id=36802

"Sodium Palmate, Sodium Peanutate, Colophonium, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate."

THAT one has no alcohol...see how do u know which one is better now? pears has fragrance..the other doesnt as well

No wonder people didn't have as many skin problems back in the old days! They kept their routine simple! Pears soap is so awesome, i'd say its better than cetaphil or neutrogena extra gentle cleanser. It has the least amount of ingredients (sodium palmitate, natural rosin, glycerine, sodium cocoate, water, rosemary extract, thyme extract, and pears fragrance essence), it's hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, contains no animal fats, and its' non-animal tested. This transparent soap is so awesome! It leaves your skin squeaky clean and sooooo soft! I just started using it two days ago, and there's already a big diff. in my skin. My mom tells me that my grandmother used to use this, alot of people did back then. I think if you're using acne meds or anything of the sort, this is the best non-irritating, gentle cleanser out there! yay! my quest has finally ended! lol  biggrin.gif

I know the Pears has alcohol and fragrance in it, but know loads of people with sensitive / spot prone skin who use it - it's very popular with babies here too. I don't know how it compares with the Neutrogena, but know it's still very gentle and not nearly as drying as a lot of soaps.