Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey im 5'10 about 165 ive been lifting for 1 yr or less i dont take creatine or any supplements. i just try to eat alot of protein.

can someone give me a workout schedule... ive been doing the same crap for awhile. ive tryed mixing it up with grips and stuff but i want to try other exercises and stuff. i work lower and upper body.i usally do reps over weight to get cut not jacked. thanks alot guys

heres my current workout sch.

monday: db bench,lat pull,db curl, military,tri pulldown,shruggs. pullup, abs

lowerbody: squat and dead lift.

wensday:db incline bench, precher curl, skulls, rows, shrugss, widepullups, abs

lowerbody: lunges

friday: bench, curl with bar, militarywith bar, tri pulldown(with rope) shurgss, pushups, abs

lowerbody:db sqaut, leg press

Yikes.

Theres as many different opinions and workouts as there is acne regimines.

However, there are some basic priciples and guidelines that should be implemented and considered when designing a routine.

There are 7 principles of Exercise Physiology

1)Intensity

2)Volume

3)Frequency

4)Overload

5)S.A.I.D. (Specific Adaption to Imposed Demands)

6)Point of Dimishing Returns

7)Individualism

First off you have to decide what it is exactly you want from your training.

To put on as much mass as genetically possible?

To aquire general strength for a specific sport you are in?

General health?

Powerlifting?

Etc.

Wough,.I might be getting myself in too deep here.

Keep it simple.

My suggestion-

Monday- Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Wednsday- Back/Biceps

Friday- Legs (Quads/Hams/Calves)

I have to assume your still in your early training career.

So keep it basic.

Remember, the best way to gauge your current routine is whether or not your strength is continualy going up.

If at any time your strength or poundage is stale or diminishing, and provided there was no out of the ordinary stresses (pulling a car off someone) in your day, and given that you are meeting all of your nutrional needs, then you are over training and need to either reduce the Volume, (how many sets you are doing), or reduce the frequency(how often you go to the gym) unitl once again your strength begins to increase.(Principle #6)

Giving yourself enough time to recover is JUST as important as the stimulus (the resistance) itself.

It is an exact 50/50 ratio.

Neither one being any more important than the other.

You must give yourself time to recover, not only recover, but to over compensate with added muscle tissue.

Anyways, because of the principle of Individualism, what I am going to suggest may not be perfect for you.

Chest- Barbell or Dumbell Flat bench

Incline Barbell or DB press

Shoulders- Seated Military Press

Side laterals

Rear delt (either in a reverse pec deck or bent over dumbell)

Triceps- Pushdowns or Dips(Yep, just one exercise)

Back- Shrugs / Deadlifts :alternate each workout. Shrugs one workout, deadlifts

the next

Rows: Whatever kind. T-Bar, Barbell rows dumbell, or use a hammer

machine(my fav)

Close grip pulldowns

(Lower back extensions on Shrug days)

Biceps- One exercise of bicep curls, again of your choosing.

Quads- Squats(if your capable) if not Leg Press

Leg Extensions

Hamstrings- Leg Curls

Calves- Seated Calf Raises

Standing or calf raises on the leg press

Thats as simple and as general as it gets.

It can get infinitely more complicated.

There is a reason for why every exercise is in its order.

It would just take for ever to explain why in detail.

And remember, as you get better at being able to generate intensity, you will eventually be able to get all of your exercises down to one set(excluding appropriate warm up sets)

But again this has to do with personal preferences and individualism.

Go nuts.

P.S. Getting ripped has more to do with diet than anything.

Aiming to get "ripped" throught he use of additional reps is very ineffective overall. Keep in mind that the more muscle mass you have on your body the more calories you will burn on a consistant basis.

If getting ripped is your main goal than focus on Cardio and diet.

I always find it funny when guys tell me they dont want to get too big.

Like its possible to happen accidentaly if their not too careful and wake up one day and be like "aw man my arms are too big!"

Believe me, dont have any worries about becoming too big.

Its not going to happen without an extreme amount of focus and discipline.

hi i have rfelated questions ill keep it real quick and simple:

-what is the best way to schedule meals: interval, how many a day?

-is it ok to work out immediately on empty stomach in the morning immediately after waking up?

-what is the best meal plan right before work out?

-right after workout?

-best time to take protein shake?

-is it good to drink protein shake before sleeping?

thanks

1. Aim for 5 or 6 meals a day. Try to get 1/1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

2. I would recommend working out in the afternoon.

3. Your pre-workout meal should have plenty pf protein and carbs.

4. Have your post workout meal within an hour of finishing your workout.

5. Have a protein shake when you wake up, 1 30/90mins pre workout, 1 post workout and 1 before bed. Casein protein is best at night as it has a slow protein release. If you're having a regular protein shake have it 2/3 hrs before bed.

MoeMentum hey thanks im mostly trainning for general health but i play golf and basketball for school.i dont mind getting big but i dont want to be one of those guys who r extremely huge that isnt my style. i dont really get all the principles. thanks alot bro

1. Aim for 5 or 6 meals a day. Try to get 1/1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

2. I would recommend working out in the afternoon.

3. Your pre-workout meal should have plenty pf protein and carbs.

4. Have your post workout meal within an hour of finishing your workout.

5. Have a protein shake when you wake up, 1 30/90mins pre workout, 1 post workout and 1 before bed. Casein protein is best at night as it has a slow protein release. If you're having a regular protein shake have it 2/3 hrs before bed.

Ok, if you are aiming for mass you should eat 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight, every day.

The most important things are the basics. Don't workout too much, this will limit muscle growth. Keep your workouts under an hour long. 30 mins is fine. Sleep is very important too, aim for 8 hrs quality sleep every night. Muscles grow during deep sleep.

Workout 5 times a week and rest on your off days.

You want to gain lean muscle mass, so aim for heavy weight at low reps. Do cardio 3x a week, 2 days apart from each other. As for breathing, exhale when you lift the weight, inhale when you lower it.

Do not train the same bodypart more than twice a week. I'm building mass too so I'll just give you an example of what I do:

Monday - Chest & tri's.

Tuesday - Bi's & shoulders

Wednesday - Legs & back

Thursday - off

Friday - Chest & tri's

Saturday - Bi's & shoulders

Sunday - off

Supplements are pretty fundamental in gaining muscle. The most important is whey protein. Optimum Nutrition is the best. Multi vitamins are essential too, as is fish oil and/or flax seed oil. I would also recommend creatine monohydrate, either Prolab creatine or AST micronised creatine.

Here's a link to a bodybuilding website. Go to the forums, there are sections on Nutrition, workout plans, supplementaton etc. It should be very helpfull.

Bodybuilding.com

If you've got any more questions, just ask.

i use to weigh 120 pounds when i was 16 years old, im around 170 pounds now and im only 19.

i only workout 3 days a week, Mon/Wed/Fri.

L-sit holds

iron cross holds

deadlifts - my bar can only hold 280lbs = easy biggrin.gif

muscle-ups (pullup into dip)

MALTESE = best chest exercise

if you dont have gymnastic rings

dips

pull-ups

sit-ups

deadlifts

my best friend can bench over 200lbs, he cant even do a maltese.

i can hold a maltese for 10 secs cool.gif

i use to weigh 120 pounds when i was 16 years old, im around 170 pounds now and im only 19.

i only workout 3 days a week, Mon/Wed/Fri.

L-sit holds

iron cross holds

deadlifts - my bar can only hold 280lbs = easy biggrin.gif

muscle-ups (pullup into dip)

MALTESE = best chest exercise

if you dont have gymnastic rings

dips

pull-ups

sit-ups

deadlifts

my best friend can bench over 200lbs, he cant even do a maltese.

i can hold a maltese for 10 secs cool.gif

Crossfit is where its at in my opinion. I do Crossfit daily, and its been my main course for the past year. Im a hard gainer, and when i was lifting the bodybuilding workouts i couldnt gain mass and hold it very well. Most ive ever gained was 10 pounds, and it was right before my honeymoon. I lost all that muscle in 6 months of not keeping consistent with the routines, and with the running i did.

But Crossfit!? Im getting real strong in alot of ways. Im getting my wife hooked too. I have never been so ripped in my life, and i don't do too much. I workout hard, and intense, and i eat home cooked meals. The trouble now is finding a gym to do it all.

Basically make sure you are doing compound lifts:

Deadlift

Squat

Bench Press

Military Press

Barbell Row

Dips

Don't over train and make sure you get enough calories.

Basically I would do this.

M: Bench Press, Dips

Tu: Squat, Leg Press

Th: Military Press, Upright Rows

F: Deadlift, Barbell Row

And then throw in a few smaller lifts that hit stuff like your calves or arms in there as needed.

Basically remember these points:

- You need to be increasing the stress on your muscles for them to grow (increasing weight)

- You need to have a caloric surplus to grow (500 calories over your maintenance)

- You need to get adequate rest (shoot for 8+ hours)

- You need to avoid over training (don't add more if you are having troubles, instead take a break, more is not always better)

The bro science is strong in this thread.

Pick a tried and tested routine, not any of this crap made up by individuals. stronglifts 5x5/madcow, 5/3/1, WSFSB, sheiko etc.

Eat 1 meal a day or 10, what ever you want.

1g protein per lb bodyweight.

Get 8+ hours of sleep and EAT WELL.

Too be honest mate, your not going to learn anything from taking advice off forums becauses theres just so much conflicting bullshit. Do some research, find decent articles written by known lifters and learn for yourself. That way you know your getting (for the most part) solid info and you will actually be actively engaging your brain so you will remember it. Don't expect to be spoon fed all the answers as theres just too many questions.

Eat 1 meal a day or 10, what ever you want.

Apart from that comment, I agree with you 100% ben.

Eating 1 meal per day is ridiculously counter-productive. If your required calorie intake was 3000 calories to gain 1lb/week and you had that in one single meal it would fuck you up something shocking.

Try to eat 5-6+ meals spread out during the day consisting of carbs, protein and especially fats (minimise insulin spike).

Personally I try to keep my macronutrient ratios at about 35Carbs/30Protein/35Fat.

And yeah go for the tried and true methods such as the ones mentioned in this thread.

Good luck mate