Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

:D/

Its working wonders on my face and i've only been using it for 2 weeks :)

Great! I'm glad it's working for you. :)

I have a few questions.

1)How is it working? Is it fading your redmarks, reducing active acne?

2)How bad was your condition before you starting using it?

I think most people use this for redmarks, and if you have (had) quite a few, and it works well in a couple of weeks, I might give this a try.

Thanks! :D

tell us how what your regimen with it is, i have been thinkin about tryin this since i have a lot of red marks, but i am also on the regimen an ddont want to use it with bp, so i might substitute the bp with this

Okay, my face used to be full of red spots ( from previous acne, some from over a year ago) and my skin was not very uniform, colour wise.

Within a few days of using this product, my skin was A LOT smoother and it seemed to be somehow, more uniform.

The bigger redish spots started going away about a week and half in, I would say I've seen a 40% improvement on the big spots and about 50% on the smaller spots (they are a light pink now).

I am still on the regimen (more or less.. I modified it a bit) because I still get some acne, but nothing compared to the 30-40 pimples I used to get, now I have at the most, 5 pimples at any one time.

Here is what I do:

Morning:

1. Shower, mild water

2. Wash face with Spectro Gel (best stuff for washing by far but only available in Canada.. cheap too)

3. Put some Multivitamin lotion on, although not much, because if you put more then your skin can take. You will end up all shiny for 4 or 5 hours. So only 1 drop per cheek and 1 drop for the mouth area.

When I get back from school:

I repeat what I did in #3, same amount.

Night:

1. Shower

2. Wash face

3. Apply lots of BP (2.5% on whole face and 10% on individual acne... only a VERY small drop though, otherwise the area turns all red)

I can tell you im very happy with the product and I would probably use it even if I did not have red spots. It seems to have greatly improved my complexion, something I've been working hard on these past few years.

EDIT: I don't think it really has had an effect on my acne, I have not seen any fluctuations.. no more no less. But if it was less, it would probably be the BP doing its job.

I want to use this too but I'm not sure I want to while I still have acne. Also does it feel greasy?

I have been lurking for awhile and decided to buy this after reading all the posts on it. I was worried because it has 2.0% s.acid, but it feels great. My skin feels nice and I think this is what it's needed all along. I used the bp for awhile, but it was too drying to my skin. It made my skin feel like it was on fire. So far so good. I will update in a couple of weeks.

Oh and I was reading on how someone was using honey on their skin and it helped and if you read the back of the ingredients it has honey extract. cool. maybe there is something to honey being good for the skin. :)

I want to use this too but I'm not sure I want to while I still have acne. Also does it feel greasy?

I still have some acne and it does not seem to be causing any problems (just use it right.. dont mix bp with it).

It can feel greasy, the first time I tried it I put on a finger's worth. End result: my face was oiled up and sooo shiny, I looked so weird. Now I just use pea sized amounts on each part of my face (not greasy anymore)

I also I have been using the multivitamin. I apply just enough to cover the area needed. So far, I have been using it only on red marks and using the BP for active pimples. It does seem to be working, and I may start to use it everywhere. Just apply it after cleansing and maybe apply moisturizer...(i put on aloe-vera).

I bought this last week and it made my face very oily and redish in tone.

I will only try using just in certain spots were scaring may be. I also bought Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and I like how it refines the skin.

I gave up on benzaclin and tazorac (these medecines gave me more breakouts) Now I use QH julep masque (great product) twice a week, wash my face with Neutrogena bar cleanser in the morning and pore refining at night. I have not had a crater cyst in three weeks. I highly recommend Queen Helene Julep masque to reduce large cyst, its better than getting cortisone shots. Also I changed my body soap to Dove sensitive skin bar soap. So far so good...

I've been using this product on my face and like the results, do you think it would work on my shoulders for red marks left from old acne?

I don't use any other moisturiser - feel it would make my skin too oily.

Have any you guys seen definite results on your red marks using this product. I like it, but have to use just a dab or I look all shiny. How long did it take to see a result? I kind of hope it evens out my skin, the box says that takes 8 weeks. Anyone been using it that long?

This was the time frame for me:

Complexion: 4 or 5 days

Redmarks: 1 and half weeks

what are the ingredients??? what vitamins does it have??

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1.5%)

Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, PPG-14 Butyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Grape Extract, Kiwi Fruit Extract, Honey Extract, Oat Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bisabolol, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #40

Well I have not been using sunscreen and have not noticed any problems.

Well I have not been using sunscreen and have not noticed any problems.

Great thinking #-o =D> :D/

i'm thinking of trying the multivitamin, but some of you have said that it makes your skin a little oily and weird in color? i have oily skin so i was just wondering about the oily/shiny effects of this product.

Bunny, at first it did make kinda glossy but I reduced the amount I apply and I dont have the sideffect anymore. At worst, I look kinda oily for 10mins then it goes away.

Secret is to not put more then you're skin can absorb...

It's probably just the glycolic acid then... still, I have read of a lot of people getting good results.