Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

ok..the brown spots..is still in the healing process from the Dermabrasion I received 3 days ago..the pink and redness is what i am disgusted at and what the acne DID!!!!..my main problematic areas are the jawline and cheeks, what treatments would you guys recommend? and what is the fastest method? anyone experiecned thes ame kind of redness?

user posted image

user posted image

Posted

i would suggest some jessner peels - it would tone down the redness and fade some of the lighter red marks. however, with the severity of your marks, i'd say it would take more than a few peels for you to see definite improvement. it'd probably be best if you stopped by your local esthetician/holisitic/facial place and asked about chemical peels (specifically jessner.) best of luck, and hang in there!

Posted

yeah a lot of those look pretty recent so i would continue with BP applications but try taking vitamin E, protien mask, or neosporin because it seems as if the redness is caused mostly from bleeding. i would wait for the peels, your skin seems like it would react badly to it.

Posted

BP probably isn't the best idea for the marks. try neosporin; it'll not only help with the red marks, but also with any active acne you may have. BP isn't a good idea because it tends to kill the skin, and dry skin + red marks+sun sensitivity just makes the marks last longer. moot has a good point with the protein mask/vitamin e idea. also, you could try some vitamin c serum (available at your local dermatologist) or some tri-luma cream which, i hear, works very well. it can also be found at your local derm's office, but you need a prescription for it (not too hard to obtain.)

Posted

Apply antiinflammatory cream and use sunscreen when u go out. Right now give your skin a rest and don't do anything for like a month and try other options but do your research first because some treatments are costly and can totally damage your skin.

Posted

I had and still have very mild red marks left after acne, I brought this thing called the PimpleEraser at walgreens. I apply it after I shower than I apply some 10% BP on the red marks. Within a week the mark is gone, but I still do get little breakouts which I hate.