Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janeir36

Willing to try other MMU other than BE...

Oh my... now that it's cooled off some and I can compare what I look like with BE in regular weather compared with what it looks like while it's cooler, it looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse in the heat!!

Does anyone use a makeup that doesn't get oily and nasty when it gets super hot and humid? NO jokers here, Central Illinois weather don't play!!!

The makeup I use from BE is "Warmth", which is called their "all over face color." Its like the equivalent of Blush, only any skin tone can use it. I will in fact continue to use it over my fashion fair makeup (if fashion fair is the culprit, then I'm in deep guff 'cos I'm not changing that.....)

I also use "mineral veil," which is a powder that sets makeup in place and really gives this polished look. It can't go on white because... well I'm black biggrin.gif I'm saying this because I used one that really wasn't translucent, but rather whitish. I certainly couldn't go outside looking like a ghost.

So anyone who can help me, please let me know! If I can snag it from eBay or Makeupalley swap or something, all the better. I'm looking for cheap cheap cheap, but that's not really a requirement biggrin.gif

Thanks!

I feel your pain! It's been in the high 90's here (usually 60's-70's) with high humidity (washington near the coast) as far as minerals go i've found that physicians formula (currently using) holds up really well but I've just tried veggie girls new mineral makeup (no irritants-specifically for sensitve/acne prone skins) and am in LOVE with it! wub.gif It's very reasonably priced to! It's $9 for 20grams or $11 for 30grams. Beats most of the companies out there (more product, no irritants, and less money!) I'd say give that a shot!

HTH!

I feel your pain! It's been in the high 90's here (usually 60's-70's) with high humidity (washington near the coast) as far as minerals go i've found that physicians formula (currently using) holds up really well but I've just tried veggie girls new mineral makeup (no irritants-specifically for sensitve/acne prone skins) and am in LOVE with it! wub.gif It's very reasonably priced to! It's $9 for 20grams or $11 for 30grams. Beats most of the companies out there (more product, no irritants, and less money!) I'd say give that a shot!

HTH!

Well if your looking for cheap, you can go to cory cosmetics and get samples for 35 cents a bag, but if you want quick or even a normal delivery... forget it.

I made the mistake of ordering,thinking i would get it in 5 to 7 days because thats what it says ill get it in, but low and behold...AFTER i paid for my order i got an email stating that because of an enormous response in customers, my order will take 15 days to be shipped plus not to mention the 5-7 days it takes for postal delivery!!!

this better be worth it. And if your as oily as i am forget about JLynne too, even in low humidity it does not last long

Hey, thanks ya'll!! I just ordered some mineral makeup (w/o bismuth oxychloride)from eBay a few days ago so maybe in a few weeks I'll check out veggie girl's... from reading her posts here she seems to know a lot about what she's making and what's good/bad for the skin makeup-wise.... so that's a good thing. wink.gif

I rarely use Mineral Veil....usually I like to use a tissue and just blot the oil. But what really helped the oil was my Olay Complete Moisturizer for Combo/Oily. I wear BE in the summer and I looove it. Esp when I have Warmth on my cheeks that gives me that nice sun kissed look.

how hot and humid is it in San Jose? This weather just turns my makeup crazy!!! MV really enhances my look in the morning, I'd really hate to ditch it?

What kind of MMU does veggie girl sell? I'm not looking for foundation (been burned too many times with wasting money on wrong shades, I don't even want to try anymore cry.gif )

i've tried and loved veggie girls mineral foundation and satin setting powder (if u are frustrated with shades i encourage you ask her for sample colors-she sent me a BUNCH of samples for free eusa_dance.gif ~very helpful!) I know she also has eyeshadows and blushes (GREAT colors too!!!)

My favorites so far:

mineral foundation in wheat linen(i'm pretty pale-a MAC NC20) and satin finishing powder.

Eyeshadows: banana berry(sheer yellow with berry iridescese)

glisten (shimmering snow white)

orchid (pale shimmery purple/lilac)

mocha latte (very neutral taupe)

blushes: dusty rose (LOVE this! pale matte pink)

valentine (the shade of flushed cheecks~a matte reddish-pink)

Hope this helps somebody!!!

~peace

Or you can try Illuminare's mineral liquid foundation? I tried the Ultimate All Day, and its not bad. I use Cetaphil under it, so it can get oily after a while, but there is some form of oil control there. I think its totally matte if you dont use moisturiser, but I've got dehydrated surface, so it doesnt work on me. Too matte.

www.illuminare.com. Top notch Customer Service too.

Btw, I don't work for illuminare. I live in Malaysia, and Illuminare's in the States.

HTHs!