Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoopergrl

HELP! I now have a rash from BP....Dan, anybody?

Ok, I was on Differin at night and started BP during the day. I am using 2.5% neutrogena on the spot stuff. I wash with cetaphil once a day. now that i have been doing this for two days, i have a rash on my jawline. it seems like it is chapped. I am afraid to put ANYTHING on it! should i give up the BP or give up the Differin? I am scared that I will break out if I don't put anything on myself, yet I have this rash that has resulted by adding BP to my differin regimen. Someone please help!!!!

very few people can get away with out moisturizer. the best thing i got out of this web site was to use a hydroxy moisturizer with spf like eucerin. without it i would not be able to stay on a bp regimen.

AND in cases of irritation, discontinue everything irritating until your ph comes back down & the skin can heal from the chapping.

i guess i am going to have to apply moisturizer all the time? i didn't cause my skin was oily, but now i have this burning, red, chapped skin. i won't put anything on it til it goes away, but i will try the bpthing again but with a moisturizer. gosh i hope it doesn't happen again!!!!thanks

This is a normal response to bp, especially if you started with a generous amount of bp. See http://www.acne.org/faq.html#help for more info.

And definitely moisturize from day one. However, do not use an alpha hydroxy moisturizer until you have been on bp for at least a few weeks. Otherwise, it may sting and irritate the skin.

-Dan

I had extremely dry skin until I stopped using soap and started using Neutrogena sensitive skin cleanser.