Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am having a really super hard time trying to figure out what my skin tone is. I read somewhere on here that if you look on your underside of your arms if your veins are green or blue you can determine it. Well my veins are both green and some are blue. LOL HELP! Am I PINK or Yellow? LOL rolleyes.gif

Determining skin tone based on the color of your veins in your wrists is very inaccurate. The skin on my arms has a pink undertone (my veins are blue), while the skin on my face has yellow undertones (pink undertone make-up on my face looks horrible-I look dead with a mask on!)! lol.gif

I've also tried the holding up a blue shirt to your face (didn't work for me).

The only thing I have found that worked for myself is to stripe different shades of make-up from my cheekbone down to my jaw and view in outdoor light. The one that "disappears" into your skin and matches both your face and neck is your true match, although some people may have slightly lighter skin on their neck.

90% of women have some degree of yellow undertones.

Well I believe I am pretty fair. It does not seem to matter how light I buy the product in the store, I can still see the jaw line from the makeup or the concealer spots. I am so sick of trying. I know I shouldn't buy darker and there just isn't anything lighter???????????????

I am having a really super hard time trying to figure out what my skin tone is. I read somewhere on here that if you look on your underside of your arms if your veins are green or blue you can determine it. Well my veins are both green and some are blue. LOL HELP! Am I PINK or Yellow? LOL rolleyes.gif

Get your colors tested. Find a mary-kay consultant and ask them to do your colors.

I too am cool colors with pink undertones and most drugstore brands make me look dead.

It was after I got my colors tested and realized that my skin tone is cool that I have been able to buy makeup that works.

It also helps you choose colors to wear when buying clothing. Just something every woman should have done if you can.

I do not use Mary Kay cosmetics, however, I use Mineral makeup. One way to know if you have warm or cool skin is try wearing the color peach.

Peach will complement a warm tone face. I look like a walking corpse when I wear peach! But you can read more about colors that will tell you your skin tone here:

http://www.womentodaymagazine.com/fashion/colors.html

Another really good article:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art33614.asp

hope this helps!