Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben16

As far as gaining weight, is fruitsugar as bad

i was wondering... if you cut out sugar from your diet but still eat a lot of fruits like watermelon prunes apples and such, are you still gonna get weight cause ive heard once that our body doesnt see the difference between fructose or tablesugar.. to it its all the same so i was wondering is it as bad, thanks.

i was wondering... if you cut out sugar from your diet but still eat a lot of fruits like watermelon prunes apples and such, are you still gonna get weight cause ive heard once that our body doesnt see the difference between fructose or tablesugar.. to it its all the same so i was wondering is it as bad, thanks.

No, it is not so bad at all.Table Sugar is a complex sugar, it contains much more energy, which gets released very fast in your blood stream.

Fruit sugar, in contrast, is a simple sugar, and in addition comes along with a lot of fibre and vitamins, which are good for you. It gets released more slowly and is not so highly concentrated, so it does not give you such a glucose spike.

Table sugar gives you nothing except an energy boost. Fruits are your best bet for spoiling yourself with something sweet and not feeling guilty:-)

Same thing can be said about fats as well. Take for example raw peckans, they are really high in fat, but it is all fat that is good for your health - not the high-saturated fats. Peckans also dont' have any cholesterol. Just trust nature - everything that is purely natural is good for you...

Fruit has sugar and carbs, but they are the good kind. I eat pretty much according to the South Beach Diet and they say not to eat fruit the 1st month when you are trying to lose the most weight, but after that you can eat it.

No, it is not so bad at all.Table Sugar is a complex sugar, it contains much more energy, which gets released very fast in your blood stream.

Fruit sugar, in contrast,  is a simple sugar, and in addition comes along with a lot of fibre and vitamins, which are good for you. It gets released more slowly and is not so highly concentrated, so it does not give you such a glucose spike.

Table sugar gives you nothing except an energy boost. Fruits are your best bet for spoiling yourself with something sweet and not feeling guilty:-)

Actually.... fructose isn't only found in fruits, but other plant foods as well. Not to mention there are more sugars than just fructose and glucose that may need to be taken into account. If you wish to know what type of sugar and how much is found in a particular fruit see http://www.nutritiondata.com/nutrient-search.html However, yes morepeople have the ability to handle eating the whole fruit vs. just the added sugar that was derived from it possibly due to the Fiber & Nutrient content of the fruits.

As for the Fructose, yes this aloneis WORSE than Glucose because it can mess with your cholesterol levels (which can make glucose intolerance WORSE) and some members, including myself have found that we can't have ADDED Fructose Based Sugars (fructose/levulose, corn syrup, HFCS, Honey, 100% fruit juice, etc) or we'll break out in cystic acne (or some other type).

Also, I don't know about everyone, but a few such as myself, with Glusose based Sugars, breakout in pustules or "Sugar Pimples" which go away rather quickly vs. the weeks it takes when I consume Fructose Based Sugars.

All the best