Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robotic

My log --Hibiclens, Neosporin, Lots of water, etc.

I thought I would start a log to keep track of what I was doing, not only for myself but if this stuff works, maybe someone else will be inspired to try my regime.

So although Im a bit new to this messageboard, Ive been browsing the site for about a year. Ive tried the BP regime, it worked exactly like Proactiv, and I felt trapped, if I missed one day Id breakout like crazy. Its a vicious cycle.

Ive been on Accutane (im one of the nightmare victims of this pill) Ive tried Perricone, birth control, derms, facials, expert advice, etc..

So I'm 22 and Ive been fighting acne since I was a young teenager. Although I dont have it too serious, its pretty mild, its still emotionally damaging to me. I have my good days, even months, even years when I wouldnt break out, but then it would start up again.

My schedule and diet has been pretty screwy lately. I get 5 hours of sleep at the most all week and weekend I will sleep for 8 hours. I think this is a lot of whats caused me to break out so much, its the worse its ever been. Im a night person and I started a new job and Im so used to going to bed at 3am, its just really hard to get myself to fall asleep before midnight. Im gonna try really hard though to get my beauty rest and see if it helps my skin.

Im also going to force myself to drink tons of water, lemon water and green tea and eat right. I was on the south beach diet for a while, Im not really sure how that affected my skin. I eat a ton of salad. I can eat it 3 times a day but Im not even sure if thats good for skin, I should look into that.

I have an awesome boyfriend and he thinks im beautiful no matter what and so do I, most days. I just want to be beautiful for him because hes beautiful to me. Ive flared up alot lately on my cheeks (the worse place in my opinion) and on my chin.

I did order the blue cleanser from Kiehls.com and also a toner so Im going to incorporate those when they come.

I just started this tonite, this is how it went.

Night

1. Gentle cleanser (until my blue Kiehls cleanser comes)

2. Hibliclens

3. Neosporin spot treatment

I also used Queen Helene's mint mask tonite. I love it!

In the morning I plan to do the same, minus the mask and instead of the Neosporin I think im going to use my Perricone BP. I war makeup too and I KNOW that its probly clogging my pores but I havent found a solution for this yet, if anyone has suggestions for foundations, cover ups because I cannot leave the house without it but by the end of the day Im all greasy. Ive heard good things about bare minerals, bare essenctuals, is this the same thing by the way? I might need to try that line.

So far so good. I like the Hibliclens, its a thin pink watery liquid with a gentle smell to it. Im really paranoid about getting it in my eyes. I close them shut as tight as I can but I dont know I still worry sometimes. I guess I would feel it, if it went in, no?

Anyways my pores feel smaller and kinda tighter but it seems to be working already, Im not sure what it is but I think this regime might work.

I put the neosporin on, so now all I can do is wait and see. i will try to post every day! razz.gif I need rest!

Awesome, you are using two of the products that I think are going to work incredibly together.

The Hibiclens and Neo

I have been using Polysporin for the last 2 1/2 weeks with great results.

(Canadian version of Neo)

By that I mean the only new acne I have had since using it was this morning...

two white heads.

One on the crease of my nose and another small one.

Both are already negligable.

I cant wait for the hibiclens to arrive.

I have a very strong feeling that this is going to be a very powerful combo.

Keep us posted.

So I woke up today, dissapointed. It wasnt worse though, which Im happy about, but it doesnt seem to have changed either. Maybe my expectations are too high as I was hoping id see results right away, Im hoping to see some changes by tomorrow morning.

The one whitehead I did have is gone now. I dont have any blackheads. All I have is a lot of raised red marks, which are the worst to try and cover up with makeup, its pretty much worthless, but Ive got skills and I managed to look ok this morning.

Im also hoping the Neosporin fights my scars.

Jessicas skin looks amazing, im hoping to acheive skin like hers!

I should take a pic but I hate taking pics when I have broken out but I guess it would be good to see if Im making progress. Eh, maybe when I get home from work.

Im hoping hoping hoping my skin will clear asap. im drinking green tea right now and I plan to drink a lot of water. I only got 6.5 hours of sleep last night which isnt nearly enough, but its a lot better then getting only 5, so Im working on it. Im gonna try to get 7 tonite.

Wish me luck!

Hi, I agree with MoeMentum.

It looks like Hibiclens and Neosporin are two of the most popular ones around here. Give it time and it should work.

Good luck. I'll be checking back! smile.gif

SO tonite when I got home, I saw that my Kiehls package had come. I got the Blue Gel Cleanser and Canedula toner. I used both for my afternoon regime. I liked both, I hope to see some results. So tonite at bedtime Im using the hybeclins and the neosporin, *crosses fingers*

So, today I woke up and looked in the mirror and I noticed a slight improvement eusa_dance.gif Not a huge difference but all my zits have shrunk and are less red.

So since what ive done seems to be working this is my new regime for morning, afternoon, and night. Ohh not to mention I got almost 8 hours of sleep last nite, I drank 2 cups of green tea and A TON of water. I plan to keep on doing this. I also need to get some lemons for lemon water smile.gif

My regime:

Morning:

-Wash with Kiehls Blue Gel Cleanser---has salicylic acid

-Use Kiehls Calendula toner (I think this has been helping with the redness)

-Wash with Hibliclens---after I washed I also took a Q-tip and dabbed some on my problem areas and let is sit for a minute then rinsed.

-Put neosporin on problem areas

-Moisturize--today I used Kiehls lycopene lotion--LOVE IT--I had a sample but I probly wont buy it, its too expensive and has no spf.

-Makeup---I need to work on this... Im afraid Im spreading bacteria around with my stupid powder puffs. I dont have the best makeup either.

Afternoon:

-Wash with Kielhs Blue Gel Cleanser

-Tone with Calendula toner

-Every other day Im going to do my Queen Helene mint mask

-Let skin rest from all other products

Night:

-Wash with Kiehls Blue Gel Cleanser---has salicylic acid

-Use Kiehls Calendula toner (I think this has been helping with the redness)

-Wash with Hibliclens---after I washed I also took a Q-tip and dabbed some on my problem areas and let is sit for a minute then rinsed.

-Put neosporin on problem areas

So thats my regime for now, if anyone has suggestions or comments, please feel free!

So I woke up dissapointed. I had a dream that all my pimples shrunk considerably in size but they are just the same as before, not worse but not really better either. I drank a lot of water yesterday but I only got about 6.5 hours of sleeo--not enough. I need to work on that. Im drinking this green tea...all natural. Its from a company called. www.teatech. Its powder, it claims good things and doesnt taste bad. Too bad I have no lemon. Now that I keep thinking about it, thats all i have a taste for is lemon this, lemon that.

I was hoping to look better for this weekend and for my boyfriend. I stayed home all week so he wouldnt have to see me like this but I cant avoid him any longer, we have plans. I know he understand and still thinks im beautiful but I just feel so ugly, plus I usually sleep at his house all weekend and I hate for him to see me without makeup when Ive broken out so badly, which means I hate taking off my makeup. Im going to force myself to keep on with the regime, even when Im at his house.

I feel like my face will never get better! I still have hope though.

Right now I have this negative vibe every time I think about you not knowing how important sleep is. eusa_naughty.gif

And dont tell me you know either.

To know, ..and not do,... is not yet to know. (I'm so wise biggrin.gif )

Sleep is basically the time your body takes to heal.

If your short circuiting that.....well.....(insert my negative vibes here)

Great luck on everything you do.

I just got some hibiclens, and am going to start using it tonight.

Hopefully the hibiclens and neosporin combo will clear me up.

you should maybe be careful about mixing SA with hibilcens.

hibiclens has PCMX in it, which kills all acne bacteria for 12 hours...SA might interfere or something.

if it's working, keep with it, but if not, maybe try dropping the SA.