Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karen2906

Recommendation for SPF+Coverage

Tarte "Smooth Operator" tinted SPF 20 lotion is wonderful. It's oil-free, has better coverage than regular "tinted" moisturizers or SPF lotions, comes in several shades, and isn't greasy. You can buy it on sephora.com or at the store.

I'm on Accutane, and I've been using this stuff for 2 months now. It has not made me break out (although Accutane is probably working its magic). With this lotion, I don't need to apply SPF AND foundation. One step and I'm out the door--no excuses not to apply SPF!

The coverage may not be enough if you have larger pimples or are experiencing a major beak-out period, but for smaller blemishes, red marks, and blotchiness, the coverage is just right. It's lighter than traditional foundation so you don't need to be an expert with blending in order to look natural.

I am going to continue using this product even after my Accutane treatment...unless all my marks fade because of the genius of Accutane!!!

I use CoverGirl's Fresh Look SPF 15 make-up. It is said to have oil controlling properties, oil free, and won't clog pores. It is a good base foundation...but like the other product above...it is more of a sheer coverage and won't cover flaws completely. But for the price it works.