Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimberly1234

Skin culture home skin peel?

Has anyone used this..if so,what were the results?

This peel is supposed to be a safe peel without any blistering, but it looks kind of dramatic - some downtime.

I just stumbled upon the site:www.skinculture.com/frameset.html

This has been discussed in a previous thread http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php...ht=skin+culture. I have tried the Peel 4000 treatment for my shallow scarring and hyperpigmentation/discolouration, and it took almost 2 weeks for me to fully recover - you really cannot go out in public for at least the first week. It did little for the scarring, but did improve skin tone. The lactic and glycolic peels sold at www.homepeels.com are a better option IMO as they don't have any downtime. Hope this helps.

I tried the skin culture 4000 peel (strongest one). It really didn't help at all. I also shut myself in my room for 2 weeks, with only 1 weeks food. I couldn't go out as I looked..

a) like I had smeared mud all over my face

B) like I had severe sunburn on my face

c) like a monsters with all my face peeling / falling off

depending on the various stages of the peel. So I basically paid a lot of money, got very depressed, very bored and very hungry and wasted 2 weeks of my life.

I wouldn't advise it.

OMG I am so glad you told me that before I wasted my time and totally freaked out! I was seriously considering buying it too!

Thanks so much!

This skin culture stuff used to be called global esthetics. This is the home peel that ruined my skin. I tried the first peel medium strength I believe and I didn't notice any improvment after all the pinkness went away. They sent me something stronger, the strongest one. Your face looks like a sunburned, shriveled monster for like a week and then it starts to peel. That product was the one that left me with the open pores that I'm still trying to close. Does anyone know what's in it? Is glycolic acid, or??

I didn't remember the name of the ingredients 'cause it has been a really long while since I did it. I do not recommend it!!!