Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Colonel Angus

Dermabrasion Cloths

I have used a microdermabrasion cloth and I have to say I do like it because it feels like your skin is getting really clean, and the cloth itself is easy to wash/rinse so you don't feel like it's really dirty the next time you use it. They are really good at abrading, but your face can kind of burn after you use it because you don't realize how much it is abrading (if this happens I recommend putting triple antibiotic ointment on your skin after). I've thought about using it in my kitchen cause they seem very durable and are abrasive enough so I think I could probably get a lot of the mildew out of the tile. But of course then I wouldn't want to use it on my face again!

Either way, I think it can't hurt to try it if it's just 12 bucks. But I wouldn't believe the hype some of those cloth makers/distributors say about it "wiping away acne scars" because they make it sound like your acne scars will vanish, and I don't think there is anything that can do that (who knows, maybe for some people with really shallow scars it makes them seem to "go away" - I'd like to believe they weren't just making that up, but that wasn't the case for me!) I got the cloth after I did actual microdermabrasion to see if there was anything to the hype and see what the difference was. I got better results from my microdermabrasion treatments, but like I said, 12 bucks is pretty cheap so I'd say it's worth a shot if you are curious.

Libby

I have used a microdermabrasion cloth and I have to say I do like it because it feels like your skin is getting really clean, and the cloth itself is easy to wash/rinse so you don't feel like it's really dirty the next time you use it. They are really good at abrading, but your face can kind of burn after you use it because you don't realize how much it is abrading (if this happens I recommend putting triple antibiotic ointment on your skin after). I've thought about using it in my kitchen cause they seem very durable and are abrasive enough so I think I could probably get a lot of the mildew out of the tile. But of course then I wouldn't want to use it on my face again!

Either way, I think it can't hurt to try it if it's just 12 bucks. But I wouldn't believe the hype some of those cloth makers/distributors say about it "wiping away acne scars" because they make it sound like your acne scars will vanish, and I don't think there is anything that can do that (who knows, maybe for some people with really shallow scars it makes them seem to "go away" - I'd like to believe they weren't just making that up, but that wasn't the case for me!) I got the cloth after I did actual microdermabrasion to see if there was anything to the hype and see what the difference was. I got better results from my microdermabrasion treatments, but like I said, 12 bucks is pretty cheap so I'd say it's worth a shot if you are curious.

Libby

The dermabrasion cloth helps to keep my skin free of dead skin cells, oils and any dirt left behind by cleansers. Recently I started using Proactiv again in conjunction with the dermabrasion cloth. Just this weekend I cut back to using the cloth with Daily Ritual Cleanser from Serious Skin Care.

I would recommend using the cloth once a week to start. Then gradually working your way up to using it more frequently, if desired. I use the cloth thoroughly (but gently) every time I cleanse my face.

As for removing scars or tattoos as claimed by some ebay sellers of the cloth, it will take some time. Plus, to exfoliate that harshly, you may encounter some downtime.

Also only use facial cloths specifically labelled for skin use. There are microfiber household cleaning cloths which are definitely not meant for the skin....their texture is harsh enough to cause tearing in the skin.

yes i have been using these for 3 months now. it is all i use to wash my face. i use them 2 times/day. sometimes i can use them with normal friction and then there are times i use very gently- depends on how my face is responding. i can say, they do an excellent job of exfoliation! i have hormonal acne and for me, exfoiliation is the key. i am 100% clear now, after having acne for a year due to hormonal upset. i had horrible acne along my jawline, chin and cheeks. however, my face is still VERY oily so i use the proactiv and boscia facial blotting linens for that.