Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bonker

Great article about white tea

I ordered a whole bunch of white tea online after I heard read this...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/...40526070934.htm

I've been drinking this stuff for 2 weeks straight, and I can honestly say no new acne has formed. I drink 3 or 4 (sometimes 5, this stuff is good, lol) cups a day and it's clearing me really nicely!

I've read a few different things about how it has 5 (some say 100) times the antioxidants of green tea.

If anyone has any thoughts on this stuff, I'd like to hear it.

P.S. on a random note, white tea is kinda dark (I leave the bag in there for a while..) but my urine is crystal clear.. Interesting. (I drink plenty of water too though)

I'm so glad you posted this topic because I have been thinking about white tea again lately and am also somewhat surprised that it is more often green tea that is mentioned in the forums. I think people are perhaps less aware of the white alternative, because green is so much more common.

It's so funny, because literally seconds before noticing your thread, I considered starting a new topic to bring about more awareness and also learn what people's thoughts were, so I'm glad to have noticed yours. eusa_angel.gif

I have some at home, and just today was thinking that I would like to start drinking some more regularly.

Just wanted to add my thoughts.

I remember when I first tried white tea. All I could say is that though it is subtle in a similar way green tea is, I found it to have a smooth, creamy texture somehow and a sweet smell or taste, I believe. It just felt soothing, and smooth - hard to explain.

I had bought a box after reading about the benefits somewhere as well.

Here is what it says on the specific box I have:

Our Bai Mu Dan White Tea (also known as ''White Peony'') is grown in the mountains of the Fujian Province of China and comes from the tender young buds and leaves that remain after the legendary silver needle white tea has been harvested. White tea undergoes very little processing and the absence of this (steaming, rolling and oxidation) leaves the appearance and cell structure of the leaves basically unaltered. This purity may be what some researchers have said might cause white tea to have a greater concentration of antioxidants than all of the teas that originate from green tea. White teas have all of the benefits of green tea and are the most delicate of all, their taste being subtle, complex and mildly sweet.

It is Uncle Lee's Tea Legends of China White Tea. I bought it where I work, but here is a web site that could be helpful: www.unclelee.com

Thanks again bonker for beginning this thread and for posting the link you did. It may help others become more aware of it, as we had. Personally, though green tea is also very healthy, I would select this one above the green. Claims are benefits are stronger, and the taste is similar, but just creamy and smooth (keep repeating myself lol).

It's so funny though. I swear - I was at work today thinking that when I would get home, I would make myself a white tea, and it's been a long time since my last cup!

Please do! eusa_angel.gif

I had a cup last night! I also don't drink coffee. Well, sometimes I will have flavored coffee but even then, I seem to be slightly sensitive to caffeine. I love the smell of regular coffee but don't drink it.

I live in Canada, so I'm not sure if the web site would be cheaper for me, but for others, the link might prove to be helpful.

Guest delta force operators

Can you please tell us what your diet also consist of?

Hi,

I just had to come back to this and thank you bonker for starting this thread. eusa_clap.gif I picked up some white tea at Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago, and just love it. user posted image I haven't had a cup of coffee since I started drinking white tea, and I used to drink coffee EVERY DAY. Plus it seems to have some benefits in terms of my health and skin. I just feel much better drinking white tea than coffee.

Thanks again.

kooky

Hi,

I just had to come back to this and thank you bonker for starting this thread.  eusa_clap.gif  I picked up some white tea at Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago, and just love it.  user posted image  I haven't had a cup of coffee since I started drinking white tea, and I used to drink coffee EVERY DAY.  Plus it seems to have some benefits in terms of my health and skin.  I just feel much better drinking white tea than coffee.

Thanks again.

kooky

I ordered a whole bunch of white tea online after I heard read this...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/...40526070934.htm

I've been drinking this stuff for 2 weeks straight, and I can honestly say no new acne has formed.  I drink 3 or 4 (sometimes 5, this stuff is good, lol) cups a day and it's clearing me really nicely!

I've read a few different things about how it has 5 (some say 100) times  the antioxidants of green tea.

If anyone has any thoughts on this stuff, I'd like to hear it. 

P.S. on a random note, white tea is kinda dark (I leave the bag in there for a while..) but my urine is crystal clear..  Interesting.  (I drink plenty of water too though)

Hi,

I just had to come back to this and thank you bonker for starting this thread.   eusa_clap.gif  I picked up some white tea at Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago, and just love it.  user posted image  I haven't had a cup of coffee since I started drinking white tea, and I used to drink coffee EVERY DAY.  Plus it seems to have some benefits in terms of my health and skin.  I just feel much better drinking white tea than coffee.

Thanks again.

kooky

I started drinking green tea instead of coffee about a week ago and feel so much better too. I drink it cold and love it, it's so refreshing. I used to go to Starbucks every day religiously and now don't even crave it anymore (I'm saving tons of $$ too smile.gif). I heard about white tea and how its even better for you, I'm going to Trader Joes this weekend to get some, have you tried it cold? I don't like hot tea.

I'm gonna pick up some white tea tomorrow, i've always wanted to try it cause i heard it's better then green tea but i never got around to doing it. I drink green tea everyday i can't say it's workin or not cause i still breakout hopefully white tea will be better. thanks for all the info guys.

Hi,

I just had to come back to this and thank you bonker for starting this thread.   eusa_clap.gif  I picked up some white tea at Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago, and just love it.  user posted image  I haven't had a cup of coffee since I started drinking white tea, and I used to drink coffee EVERY DAY.  Plus it seems to have some benefits in terms of my health and skin.  I just feel much better drinking white tea than coffee.

Thanks again.

kooky

I started drinking green tea instead of coffee about a week ago and feel so much better too. I drink it cold and love it, it's so refreshing. I used to go to Starbucks every day religiously and now don't even crave it anymore (I'm saving tons of $$ too smile.gif). I heard about white tea and how its even better for you, I'm going to Trader Joes this weekend to get some, have you tried it cold? I don't like hot tea.

Thanks to this forum I tried Green tea, LOVING it wink.gif Don't dare to say it makes any difference to my acne (anyone any research available?). But it definitely made me forget about coffee! Green tea is more refreshing and less stressing.

PS My brand: Twinings Green Tea & Lemon.. Even feels quite addictive wink.gif

PPS I'll try to find some white tea reading this post wink.gif

I read this yesterday and decided to give it a go, so I got some today. I got white tea, but incase I didn't like the taste, I got white tea + black current. I have to say, both are delicious. Before this, I was drinking Green tea, or green tea and lemon in the morning and at night, and during the day I drank nettle tea. It's okay to drink all of these isn't it? I havent had coffee or regular tea for quite a while, and it's definetly helped me.

I read this yesterday and decided to give it a go, so I got some today. I got white tea, but incase I didn't like the taste, I got white tea + black current.  I have to say, both are delicious.  Before this, I was drinking Green tea, or green tea and lemon in the morning and at night, and during the day I drank nettle tea.  It's okay to drink all of these isn't it?  I havent had coffee or regular tea for quite a while, and it's definetly helped me.