Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracy21

TRI_LUMA CREAM REALLY REALLY WORKS!!

since this has hydroquinone in it I am assuming you need to be careful and just use this on your red marks and not on your normally toned skin??  I think this is perfect for me seeing that I am really growing out of acne and I only break out in areas where my red marks currently are if I break out at all.  If I can get prescribed this I would be preventing acne with the tretinoin .05% and also hopefully treating the red marks.  It's worth a shot.  I am currently on retin-a micro which is .1% and have been for the past 5 years.

This chart shows how the steroid in the Tri Luma ranks as mildly potent which is good.

Table 2: A classification of topical steroids according to their potencies

Mildly potent

Aclometasone dipropionate 0.05%

Fluocinolone acetonide 0.0025%

Hydrocortisone base or acetate 0.1%-2.5%

Hydrocortisone 0.5% with sodium chloride and urea

Methylprednisolone 0.25%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderately potent

Clobetasone butyrate 0.05%

Desoxymethasone 0.05%

Fluocinolone acetonide 0.00625%

Fluocortolone hexanoate 0.1%

Fluocortolone pivalate 0.1%

Fluocortolone 0.25%

Fluocortolone hexanoate 0.25%

Flurandrenolone 0.0125%

Flurandrenolone 0.05%

Hydrocortisone 1% with urea

Potent

Beclomethasone dipropionate 0.025%

Betamethasone dipropionate 0.05%

Betamethasone valerate 0.025%

Betamethasone valerate 0.1%

Budesonide 0.025%

Desoxymethasone 0.25%

Diflucortolone valerate 0.1%

Fluocinolone acetonide 0.025%

Fluocinonide 0.05%

Hydrocortisone 17-butyrate 0.1%

Methylprednisolone aceponate 0.1%

Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very potent

Clobetasole propionate 0.05%

Diflucortolone valerate 0.03%

Halcinonide 0.1%

This chart shows how the steroid in the Tri Luma ranks as mildly potent which is good.

Table 2: A classification of topical steroids according to their potencies

Mildly potent

Aclometasone dipropionate 0.05%

Fluocinolone acetonide 0.0025%

Hydrocortisone base or acetate 0.1%-2.5%

Hydrocortisone 0.5% with sodium chloride and urea

Methylprednisolone 0.25%

Moderately potent

Clobetasone butyrate 0.05%

Desoxymethasone 0.05%

Fluocinolone acetonide 0.00625%

Fluocortolone hexanoate 0.1%

Fluocortolone pivalate 0.1%

Fluocortolone 0.25%

Fluocortolone hexanoate 0.25%

Flurandrenolone 0.0125%

Flurandrenolone 0.05%

Hydrocortisone 1% with urea

Potent

Beclomethasone dipropionate 0.025%

Betamethasone dipropionate 0.05%

Betamethasone valerate 0.025%

Betamethasone valerate 0.1%

Budesonide 0.025%

Desoxymethasone 0.25%

Diflucortolone valerate 0.1%

Fluocinolone acetonide 0.025%

Fluocinonide 0.05%

Hydrocortisone 17-butyrate 0.1%

Methylprednisolone aceponate 0.1%

Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%

Very potent

Clobetasole propionate 0.05%

Diflucortolone valerate 0.03%

Halcinonide 0.1%

Why is Tri Luma so expensive?? Wow CTmummy, so sorry to hear about your experience but thanks for sharing with us. I'm thinking of using this cream so I will remember to use loads of sunscreen and stay out of the sun as much as possible. But right now I'm desperate to get rid of my red marks so i have to try it.

I am really happy with my results biggrin.gif ...maybe that's why the cream was so expensive...like $100...I don't think any insurance covers bleaching creams...I think that's so unfair..

If they can cover acne medications...they should also cover bleaching creams..anyways..you know the saying.."you get what you paid for.." I think in this case..it's absolutely true...I think it's so expensive coz It works. I sacrified half of my paycheck so I can pay for this cream..I am not regretting it.

Please people make sure you are using SUNSCREEN all the time!! my confidence has soared like wow too eusa_dance.gif ...whoever tries this cream..please keep us updated!! and good luck to you all!!

**THE INSTRUCTIONS CLEARLY STATE THAT YOU CAN ONLY APPLY TO YOUR DARK/RED MARKS....**

don't put this cream all over your face.....

Tracy,

I'm really glad that this is working for your red marks, but do you think it might just be the tretinoin that might be fading your redmarks? Which if that were the case, then retin a micro would work just as well without the hydroquinone. Triluma is specifically targeted for melasma and I haven't seen anywhere on their web site that it does help with red marks.

Tracy,

I'm really glad that this is working for your red marks, but do you think it might just be the tretinoin that might be fading your redmarks?  Which if that were the case, then retin a micro would work just as well without the hydroquinone.  Triluma is specifically targeted for melasma and I haven't seen anywhere on their web site that it does help with red marks.

ok so my mom has melasma so she wanted to get tri-luma cream and thought we will both use it because i have red marks from acne also. But the damn doctor won't perscribe it cuz he've never heard of that cream. But instead he perscribed some cream with a combination of 4% hydroquione and vit a. so I'm gonna give that a shot but i really wanted tri luma cream.

I'm not really sure what he perscribed to me because on the med label, it's all abbreviation but one of the ingredient said HQ 4% which is hydroquione and it says in vitamin a acid. But doesn't say an exacet name, just a bunch on ingredients combined. Hopefully it works because i heard hydroquione is really good for dark marks.

I used Tri-Luma for my age spots (when I was on Septra and not breaking out!!! sad.gif )

Anyway, it worked really well and I saw a difference after a month. It does work well with red/brown spots from acne scars as well but don't be fooled. It does not... I repeat ... does not get rid of your acne.

I'm using Proactiv right now (on week 2 and only seeing a small difference from the week before) and I'm using Triluma on one of the spots that I'm trying to get rid of. It's not gone yet but it has faded somewhat. Hopefully it fades it in 5 days for my sister in law's wedding!!

One more thing. I read the previous post about the spots coming back...for me at least, the spots didn't come back. Well, some did but they never became as dark as they were before (for me at least). I use SPF 30 sunblock on those areas and SPF 15 everywhere else when I'm at work. When I go out, I use SPF 45 from Neutrogena...which i think has been making me break out! We'll see.

can u get this cream over here in the UK?

iv been struggling with red marks for a long time now... especially on my cheeks grrrr and really cannot go out without make up, and eventually i wana be able to get over that and step outside make up free but i need to get rid of the marks! grrrrr ...there are hardly any creams over here at all to help! at the minute im using Garnier Pure A moisturiser which is meant to help with red marks and imperfections .. and iv bene on it for about 2 months now and iv noticed very minimal results but i guess its better than nothing so i cant complain..but any other suggestions if this cream cant be obtained over here?

xx eusa_angel.gif

I just got a prescription for Tri-Luma after I had a visit at a Medical spa. She gave it to me to get my acne under control before we do a different treatment for my scaring (Fractional Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing). I have been reading your posts and some of you say it doesnt help with acne. Please help me!!!!

Thank you!