Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracy21

TRI_LUMA CREAM REALLY REALLY WORKS!!

biggrin.gif I swear by this stuff. It was prescribed to me by my derm. I started using it at the end of june..now it's almost the end of july and I swear my red marks are 85% gone already. People are complementing me on how great I look... IF you have the money to buy this..and can get a prescription..go ahead and buy it..it's worth all the money. I bought mine for like...$98..I know its alot but I had to ..I couldn't bear to see my face w/out makeup. Now I can go out w/out makeup and feel good. When I wear makeup (M.A.C) my face is flawless..like really flawless. I am so confident in myself now and I am transforming..infront of my own eyes. biggrin.gif ...I strongly recommend this for everyone with red marks who has no alergic reaction to hydroquinone or tretinoin...I thought I would share this with anybody struggling with PIHP..To me this is the answer I had been looking for all along.......Now I have to buy some more for my back...chest...etc...I hope it works..too

Unfortunately I don't have any before or after pictures..but here are the active ingredients; fluocinolone acetonide 0.01%(0.1 mg), hydroquinone 4% (40mg), and tretinoin 0.05%..

inactive ingredients; butylated hydroxytoluene,cetyly alcohol,citric acid,glycerin,glyceryl stearate,magnesium aluminum silicate,methyl gluceth-10,methylparaben,PEG-100 stearate,proplylparaben,purified water, sodium metabisulfite,stearic acid,and stearyl alcohol..

Trust me..this stuff really works..

I am on retin-a micro and have been on it for the past 5 years literally. I would like to try something new but my derm is all about retin-a and that's it. How do you use this?? Do you cleanse at night and then put this on?? Since it has a .05% form of tretinoin in it I should be able to use to control acne and treat the PIH at the same time. CAn you give more information about this?? Thanks and congratulations on your red marks finally fading.

I read that this is just for the treatment of Melasma?? Is this for PIH too?? You said your derm prescribed you this so I am assuming you have PIH and it can be used on PIH as well as Melasma.

Ah yes, finally another Tri-Luma user that really approves of it.

The drug is wonderful. It's like retin-a but more geared towards PIH spots and melasma. Where it makes you much mor sensitive to sun and other tropicals, it can fade every red mark on your face within a month, you just have to stay with it.

I always use it for about 3 days, then stop for a couple, then start at it again and keep taking small breaks to let my face recoop. The drug also helps keep dead skin from clogging pores, therefore reducing active acne as well.

The drug is wonderful. It's like retin-a but more geared towards PIH spots and melasma. Where it makes you much mor sensitive to sun and other tropicals, it can fade every red mark on your face within a month, you just have to stay with it.

I always use it for about 3 days, then stop for a couple, then start at it again and keep taking small breaks to let my face recoop. The drug also helps keep dead skin from clogging pores, therefore reducing active acne as well.

jsbee you said you have used this?? do you need a prescription for this?? also i went to the site and it didn't mention anything about PIH. It just mentioned melasma. Can you fill me in a little more. Thanx

Well, it's used for melasma but my derm told me that it's the best for PIHP. She told me that it works better than LUSTRA AF...after all they all have 4% hydroquinone so they should work the same way.

THe instructions on say only use it once...at bed time. And the instructions specifically state that just put a little bit on each red mark and don't put more than necessary because it doesn't really make a difference.

I have been applying this cream religiously every night since I bought it and I have to say I am satisfied with the results..so far...

since it has tretinoin .05% does it also help with acne breakouts??

Yes...absolutely...I haven't had any breakouts in over 3 months.....I really thinks it does..that's why I love this product!

Tracy it sounds really promising. How long have u had ur red marks for?? I've had mine for almost 2 yrs now so i dont know if it will be that easy to get rid of. If u could really post pictures of your skin that would be soo great. But congrad on getting rid of ur marks

Tracy it sounds really promising. How long have u had ur red marks for?? I've had mine for almost 2 yrs now so i dont know if it will be that easy to get rid of.  If u could really post pictures of your skin  that would be soo great. But congrad on getting rid of ur marks

Tracy it sounds really promising. How long have u had ur red marks for?? I've had mine for almost 2 yrs now so i dont know if it will be that easy to get rid of.  If u could really post pictures of your skin  that would be soo great. But congrad on getting rid of ur marks

I have had mine for like 3 years...and now they are fading so nicely...thanks to this product and Dan's regimen...

I have had mine for like 3 years...and now they are fading so nicely...thanks to this product and Dan's regimen...

What color are ur makrs?are they like deep red or just pink or purplish red? And where do u usually get your red marks? I always get them on my cheeks, i never get them anywhere else. If i get a pimple on my chin, the mark fades so quicky as the pimple goes away. I think I'm gonna give that cream a try. Too bad it's a perscription.

Has anyone else besides tracy tried this tri_luma cream? i would love to know if it worked for other people with red marks as well..The cream is kind of pricey and i just want to sure that it is gonna work because I'm so poor.

Has anyone else besides tracy tried this tri_luma cream? i would love to know if it worked for other people with red marks as well..The cream is kind of pricey and i just want to sure that it is gonna work because I'm so poor.

If you have a copy of your receipt, there is a $25 rebate form online at:

http://www.triluma.com/index.cfm

There's a short survey that you have to fill out. I think I got my rebate in the mail about 5 weeks after I submitted it.

hey tracy, can you tell us how this was prescribed to you?? did you ask for this or did your derm recommend it?? how long have you suffered with red marks before your derm prescribed this?? Reason I ask these questions is because I don't want to waste my time and money going to a derm that's not going to prescribe this. I have no health insurance. I am 22 years old and have been dealing with red marks for 5 years and am starting to get sick of them.

I was prescribed this cream for photoaging, sun damage. I call them age spots.

I have some spots on my arms and face that it was prescribed for.

I didn't realize this prepartion at the tretinoin in it. It seems that would make this an excellent acne cream.

OK, I looked into the ingredients more carefully and found out that one of the three main ingredients in this triple action cream is a steroid. According to the patient information, the cream is supposed to be used short term. This is probably the reason it is not prescribed for acne as it can't be used long term.

The cream probably helps with postimflamatory hyperpigmentation due in part to the steroid effect of lessening the bodies imflamation response.

My son was prescribed a topical steroid cream when he was younger and it caused him to have a severe and difficult to treat Perioral Dermatitis. The steroid allowed an organism to overgrow on his skin. It was very difficult and 3 month long Tetracycline was required to clear him up.

Also, at the Tri Luma website, I found this:

Tri-Luma® Cream contains the corticosteroid fluocinolone acetonide. Systemic absorption of topical corticosteroids can produce reversible hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis suppression with the potential for glucocorticod insufficiency after withdrawal of treatment.

I would suggest when using this cream to use for the length of time the medication suggests and also to taper off slowly when discontinuing as with any steroid medication.

This would be a good question for Dermpro.

since this has hydroquinone in it I am assuming you need to be careful and just use this on your red marks and not on your normally toned skin?? I think this is perfect for me seeing that I am really growing out of acne and I only break out in areas where my red marks currently are if I break out at all. If I can get prescribed this I would be preventing acne with the tretinoin .05% and also hopefully treating the red marks. It's worth a shot. I am currently on retin-a micro which is .1% and have been for the past 5 years.