Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoopergrl

moisturizer a necessity? making my face really oily!

I am using on the spot during the day with neutrogena moisturizer for sensitive skin over it. my face is always oily looking now, even after i blot it. is there anyone who doesn't use a moisturizer and does fine? i can't stand this oily mess. thanks

I guess if you think that your skin is really easy to get oily, then i dont think you need to use a lotion or mosturizer. Most people put them on is becuase they find out that after using bp, their skin have some peeling or flaking or too dry reaction.

i have never heard of a person who could get away with the right dosage of bp without moisturizer/sunscreen under the sun. personally i have never used the moisturizer u talking about though, try eucerin with aha.

i dont use moisturizer and infact ive got mild to moderate acne.. i use bP 5% in a water based gel (BENZAC AC 5) and i dont get any problemz now. =)

when it is really needed to moisturize i do.. and its just 3x or 4x a week..

hope this helps.

when your skin is oily u dont need to moisturize as long as u can stand on the regimen.

Listen, I have a derm...and believe me, she isn't always right.....but she has said many times that you don't always need to wear a moisturizer, especially if you are naturally very oily. Don't know if I believe her, but I pretty much use moisturizer on an as needed basis.

namaste

the problem is that oil and moist are just different things. technically if the skin is moist enough the oil glands would produce less oil.

Why don't you use pure aloe vera gel as moisturizer? It'll keep your skin hydrated, control the oil and help to heal the acne. It is 100% oil free! Buy a bottled one in Health Store for practical reason but make sure you buy pure GEL, not aloe vera juice.