Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

tetracycline is an antibiotic, so it has normal antibiotic risks, however, since it is taken for the long term, it has two special risks(this goes for doxycycline too)

1) Super-infection; low but constant dosages of antibiotics will breed stronger, harder to kill bacteria.

2) There is a chance the beneficial bacteria in your intestines required for digestion may be harmed by the antibiotics, it is an oral drug after all.

I was on tetra and then doxycycline, the doxy was easier because you didnt have to take it so often, but neither did anything for me anyway.

Tetracycline is an antibiotic indeed. It's an anti-inflammatoy too, so it's not bad to take that while you're sick. On the contrary, it'll treat your sickness ! Just be careful not to mix meds that don't fit with tetra...

tetracycline is a short-term solution. i had a couple of rounds on it when i was a teenager, and it did kinda work for awhile. but my body developed a resistance to it like all the other oral drugs i've tried. it did have one weird side effect...when i had my wisdom teeth pulled (they were still underneath the gums), they were green! ...and my dentist asked if i had been on tetra before, because he sometimes sees that side effect....weird, huh? :-s