Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aussieguy

moisturising whilst on tane

Coming up to 4th month on tane no active acne but red patches on skin. this may sound like a stupid question but when people moisturise do they just smear it all over there face and rub it in. Or do they only put the moisturiser on spots where there is no redness?

Also can moisturising too much hamper tane progress???? i moisturise before work after work and before bed it sinks in so quick!!!! but feels great on the skin

REplies are appreciated smile.gif

Guest Craigems

i smear it all over and then gently pat it in. Make sure its non-comengenic(sp?) moisturisor. And if its very dry skin like it sounds... be sure to put the moisturisor on about 2-3 times a day...

By the time I was near the end of my treatment and my skin was "used to it", I was only moisturising where my skin was dry and needed the moisturiser. I was also able to use a lighter-weight moisturiser than at first.

I follow Paula Begoun's advice on moisturisers (see the link in my sig.)

Cashmira biggrin.gif

I dot it over my face and then blend with two fingers so that my face is covered, paying particular attention to the areas around my eyes, nose and mouth.

i do the same as cashmira. apply and rub it in, but mainly to the areas that need it (i.e. are dry/peeling from the accutane). in the morning i moisturise my whole face. The accutane causes my skin to peel on my chin area. It normally is peeling a couple of hours after i moisturise in the morning, so I have to reapply moisturiser every couple of hours to that area from then on otherwise i look like a monster! lol, its gross. I may also check my cheeks during the day and if they are especially dry (i.e. a really rough texture) i top up the moisturiser. Your skin tells you how much/how often you need it.