alisonjs122

POLL: Worst products you've ever used!

What has ruined my skin:

ACV

Baking Soda

Neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask

pond's cold cream

clean and clear continuous control acne wash

st ives scrub (worked at first and then clogged me up big time)

Your turn! Which products have given you adverse results?

Lets see!

Oxy maxium strenght burnt my face to a crisp!

Nozema (sp?) again, burnt my face to a crisp!

Clean and Clear (not for me!) didn't do anything!

Neutragena (sp?) (the yellow acne wash) once again, burnt my face to a crisp!

I must have the most tolerant skin in the world because nothing has ever really made my skin shit. There have been plenty that haven't helped any, but haven't really made it any worse.

once i tried using regualr bar soap big mistake i broke out horribly, another time i used nivea face scrub and face cleanser made me red, dry, and made acne worse ugghh thank god those days are over!

c&c deep action cream cleanser - loved it at first used it for months...but then after giving it a rest and going back to it, it clogged my pores so badly.

oxy face wash normal and sensitive versions - used it for ages but then i found this place and realised there is more than one acne fighting cleanser

loreal pure zone sa gel wash

baking soda - love how it exfoliates like nothing else but gave me milia... but i heard that if you use it in moderation i.e. once or twice a week it doesn't give you this problem...i havent been brave enough to see if thats true

I have a particularly bad reaction to ANY and ALL neutrogena products. It must just be me, because I know alot of people who love neutrogena - but I can't even THINK of using it without breaking out!

Retina A caused my acne I had mild acne until a Derm presribed this..

Tazorac burnt my face off

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

Anything with Sa unless on spot treatment

Guest tenshigirl25

persa gel 10% BP

Nuetrogena Cleanser (yellow)

St Ives Apricot Scrubs (medicated, Gentle, Normal)

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

Basically anything abrasive, extra strength, cheap products from the pharmacy.

Ive foud that baking soda is pretty good in moderation.

WORST:

Noxzema! Something about that stuff makes me break out like mad. Maybe the menthol oils or somethin. I have to wonder after reading all the horror stories with Noxzema cleanser-is there a reason they formulated a product which makes people break out and marketed it to skin-conscious people? I am a bit jaded but it's almost like I don't understand how they'd make something that caused so many people to break out if they were looking for REAL repeat customers. I mean, intelligent consumers who use it once are most likely not going to purchase it again after they break out all over.

10% BP anything.

2% salyclic acid anything. Never worked on my acne, just irritated my skin.

Neutrogena oil free acne wash, almost any neutrogena acne product. I know some people may get good results. Hello - Jennifer love hewitt has great skin!!! Hahahahaha, I am being totally facetious of course. I doubt she has ever had a pimple in her entire actress/acne product rep career. Just like the 20-something actresses that play pre-teens in sitcoms or 30- minute tv segments like that young superman show. Yeah, she has really had a problem with acne, now neutrogena to the rescue! Therefore neutrogena will also work for you too! Gimme a break.

Pretty much anything with BP or SA that'-s marketed into an acne mask. For some odd reason those always broke me out big time.

Any "clear pore"_ treatment. More like "clog your pores and make you break out with 5 new zits the first night you use it"_ treatment. Why is there false advertising I don't know.

Well that was fun, thanx for the cool question biggrin.gif

Jess

302 Protein Drops

302 A Boost

302 C Boost

302 Treatment Ceanser

All of the above broke me out, I had no active acne for 20 years till I used the 302 products...left me with new scarring mad.gif

also...anything with BP or SA.

Noxzema - love the scent..hate the greasy residue it leaves behind.

MaMa lotion - burnt my face...no results.

WORST:

Noxzema!  Something about that stuff makes me break out like mad.  Maybe the menthol oils or somethin.  I have to wonder after reading all the horror stories with Noxzema cleanser-is there a reason they formulated a product which makes people break out and marketed it to skin-conscious people?  I am a bit jaded but it's almost like I don't understand how they'd make something that caused so many people to break out if they were looking for REAL repeat customers.  I mean, intelligent consumers who use it once are most likely not going to purchase it again after they break out all over.

I used differin for 6 months and it just made my face dry, didn't help any.

Proactive helped a little but made my face dry.

Anything that doesn't say oil-free will clog my pores!

AloeGaurd.. tried it on my chest just to see if it was worthy for my face..yikes, broke me out 10x worse than I already was. I used it for quite a few weeks 2 x a day

C&C Blackhead scrub, caused me to have the worst breakouts in my life

Baking Soda, same as above

ACV; just broke me out

Zirh Fix; Most ridiculous spot treatment ever, had a real piercing pain on my skin, did shit for spots and seemed to make everything more red...eventhough it said it would take away redness

Clearasil washes; Haven't used clearasil since my first spots, but only dried out my skin and maid everything worse.

...and pretty much anything abrasive on my skin will break me out like a mutha...absolutely hated the C&C and delna method

AHA Lotion (broke me out terribly and I am dealing with the beautiful result yet)

and now I can think only about it...I'm so upset about it....

Jojoba oil - how does it not make everyone break out?? I did weeks of research on it (most like skin's own oils, blah, blah, BS!) Gave me the worst breakout of my life, within 3 days, ...30-40 new pimples?? Ugh. It still pisses me off.

Retin-A - the cream that helps you develop new and persisitant cystic acne. pfft.