Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshua

My story and some tips for people with acne...

So, i actually signed up for this board like a long ass time ago. And I was on this forum literally everyday, and i would check it for new ways to combat acne and ways to cope whenever i had free time. I use to think i'd never have friends, even though i did, and id never be outgoing or popular and there was no WAY IN HELL i could ever get a girlfriend...well...my life was turned upside down when i went to college. i attend drexel university and let me tell you. Something happened to me at college. I stopped giving a shit about my acne. I mean, yea sometimes it would get me down and i still checked the mirror a lot., but not anywhere as near as much as i use to. And you know what? It got better. It didnt go away by any means, but i wasnt picking at it as much and it turns out that that was a giant problem for me. I just got so extroverted and made the best friends a guy could imagine. And i know this is shallow and horrible to say, but my one friend has the worst acne i have ever seen in my entire life. And that kid is such a piiimp its insane. And he really gave me strength too, because he didnt let it bother him at all. And who would of that, but i got myself a beautiful girlfriend with FLAWLESS skin...i swear to god i dont understand any of it. I really do believe that most people dont give that much of a shit about acne. I mean, yea im sure they notice it, and maybe make comments amongst themselves. but like, everyone talks about things. whens the last time you made ANY comment about one of your friends to another friend? i kind of feel like its just a normal thing. the only reason i use to take it so bad was cuz i was goddamn flustered about it myself.

anyhow, its summer and im off campus and well my acne is making a return. and i kind of half think its the same as it was at school but im noticing it more cuz i have more free time and i dont have the constant surrounding of all my friends and my girlfriend. im questioning myself a lot. its still a struggle and i dont know what the point of this post was, but i guess, if you have any comments or anything just post them.

and for reference, id say i have/had moderate acne. mostly small pustules, but occasionally ill get a few big ass cysts/papules.

i loved your post, joshua. i'm glad that you are happy and sane. (acne seems to make people, myself included, a little unstable, don't you think?) i will keep your story in mind when i get frustrated.

btw, did you just finish your first year?

cool story man.

I'd love it if that would happen to me in college (if I get there)...but wanting something and reality are two different things I guess.

Hey guys just be happie and stand tall..

whether you have acne or not

everyone is beautiful in some way

yeah man, the same thing happens to me, when i just stop caring about it and forget about it as being a problem, it isn't one anymore. it's like it feeds off your own negativity, and when you ignore it, it just gives up.

eusa_clap.gif When it all comes down to it, confidence is a bigger attraction than the opposite with acne. If you're sad and depressed and have acne, you wont get a chick. If you're outgoing and cool and have acne, your chances are greatened a lot.

^exactly what I was going to post. Confidence will practically overcome any flaw you have with the opposite sex. Not to sound shallow but if you can start getting cuties while you have acne, just imagine what you'd be able to do when it clears up.

Hah, I live like 20 mins away from Drexel. Thinking about transferring there in a year or so..

And i know this is shallow and horrible to say, but my one friend has the worst acne i have ever seen in my entire life. And that kid is such a piiimp its insane.

Your girl will probably say something about it when she dumps you...

Live it up for now though, congrats on the pussy!

I really liked reading your post and it gives me strength cuz it's in some way the same path am walking on. I also try to forget it by just ignoring it, though am still at the beginning of this process. I haven't got any result what so ever but I feel that the key to battle this is to just don't make such a big problem out of it.

Only thing am afraid of is that I just can't ignore it but am gonna do my very best.

Thank you for making me realise this, you really gave me some fresh energy.

oh dude, me and u are on the same wavelength!!! when i went 2 uni i was like sh*t i hav acne and every1 will notice but wen i started seeing people will worse acne than me (no offence) i thought if i dont Sh*t about ur acne, how cares about mine???! with that attitude i managed still with noticible red acne marks and minor scaring to invite a fit girl with flawless sking to my summer prom at uni and since then we hav been going out!!! and in similarity to u, since i have been away from uni and her, i hav been living back at home, my life has kinda gone back a step...i really think when ur in a envoroment where lots of people have the same problem and just accept it, it becomes so much easier!!! man i can relate 2 ur story so much!