Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfie

IS MOUTH ULCERS..........

I was just wondering the cuts you get in your mouth taht turns in to a horrific mouth ulcer after a few days any thing to do with a lack of vitamins in the body.

If so what are the vitamins lacking, I used to get mouth ulcers when i was young regularly,lol, i mean they would literally come on a week basis, and it used to be a bitch.

anyone have a clue.......

it's possible you aren'te getting the right nutrition to support your immune system and fight off those infections... especially if you were a picky eater as a kid.

Also, some people are sensitive to an ingredient in toothpaste that causes those... I think it's called SLS, but I can't remember exactly.

it's possible you aren'te getting the right nutrition to support your immune system and fight off those infections... especially if you were a picky eater as a kid.

Also, some people are sensitive to an ingredient in toothpaste that causes those... I think it's called SLS, but I can't remember exactly.

Just like you I had mouth ulcers as a kid. I remember when I would get salt on them I would almost scream, like when eating pizza. Picky here too.

Do you eat acidic foods regularly? Sometimes when I binge on oranges or tomatoes, I get sores in my mouth.

Classically, a Vitamin C deficiency was blamed - but it sounds to me like you get PLENTY o' that.

I read once (and heard from someone who said it worked) that a particular amino acid helped them - L-lysine.

hey guys

i am abit confused, after reading all the posts, becoz if i am lacking of vitamin c, then how comes some of you also said that i should sat yaway from fruits that is rich in vitamin.

Althou i know that ppl taht said i am lacking in vitamin c is not the same as the ppl saying that i should stay away from citrus fruits but still overall is contradicting.

By the way I am drinking lemon water...fresh lemon squeezed into pure water and taken just like that with nothing else in it.

Confused can anyone explain abit more in depth.......

I used to get these a lot as a child. Until recently i hadn't had one in at least a decade, but i got one a few months back. I think in my case that it was triggered by too much sugarless gum which is known to cause these in some people. If i drink too much salty tomato juice that will do it too. The sodium lauryl sulfate in many toothpastes and mouthwashes trigger them in many people. Some people who get them have been found to have B and C vitamin deficiencies. They sometimes form at places where the lining of the mouth is damaged, like where you bit the inside of your cheek or something, and then it gets irritated by whatever triggers yours, your immune system rallies and attacks the area and that's the ulcer.

On the practical side, if you get these, buy yourself a little bottle of Campho-Phenique. Use a q-tip to apply a little to the ulcer - it tastes disgusting, but it kills the pain and makes them heal much faster. If you use it at the first sign of one you can usually prevent it from reaching the painful open stage.

Thanks beentheredonethat, i will give it a go but do u know where in food can i get vitamin b from.cheres.

Ohhhh i just remember you are the one who had a few posts in the scarzone product topic right!!!!!!!! how is your redmarks doing i am still waiting for mine. confused.gif

I used to get mouth ulcers a lot more than I do now...I rarely if ever get them now that I'm all clean inside.... eusa_angel.gifbiggrin.gif .....seems that it's related to some sort of gut dysbiosis/food allergy reaction, at least according to the research I've done. My mother used to get them too.....

Mouth ulcers/cancer sores or wutever they're called I belive is caused by eating excess acidic foods, especially fried foods and candy. I used to get them all the time, but once I stopped eating them and taking a super green formula for my daily green vitamins and drinking more water, they stopped.

BTW, I also have a lot of cavity fillings. Do you too, Alfie?

Hey trinity45,

yeh i used to get them alot too but i never thought about looking for a reason to solve back then i just used to let it go and then come again, how silly of me.. yeh i a few filllings but i dnt think its got anything to do with taht right?? i dunno but i had a major operation in my mouth when i was 6 i had a cancerous num on the right side of my jaw, so they had to remove it.......but i dont think it had anyhing to do with that either.

All i think is to do with is my poor poor diet when i was little, i used to rarely eat fruits and forget about vegtables and i used to eat all the sugary things u can think of, but as i get older i eat less sweat and more fruits but still not keen on veg i dnt get them as much. But if a i get a cut in my mouth from a bite or something it will have a 95% chance of turning into an horrible ulcer. evil.gif

At the moment thou after reading the posts on these forums i been eating alot healthier and even thou i have not tested the food that i am allgeric to, i been staying off the food taht is known to most commonly cause flare ups.

What is your diet at the moment??

My diet is not strict at all, I eat pretty much anything my mom cooks. But I try to stay away from chocolate, fried foods, excessive red meat, chips, dairy, and soda.

yeh i do too, i have just been drinking a lot of lemon water.......which has helped alot, i mean how serve was or is your acne bcoz mine i would say well was serve, i was wondering trinity have u ever been on roaccutane.....and did u have any side effects.

sorry more to the point, so you think is a lack of vitamin c in our bodies tah cause the sores in our mouth.

my diet which consists entirely of whole foods prepared at home has been excellent without any cheats and i still go thru phases where i get them. though much less often than before i improved my diet. so i think that there is something that is also in 'good food' that can cause them...whether it be tomato acids, fruit acids, a deficiency, or an allergy of some kind to a certain food. it is really tough to say. i wish i could narrow these things down. if i had to guess, for me i might blame the tomatoes.

I used to get canker sores CONSTANTLY. They are so painful. I took L-Lysine 3 capsules 3x a day when I had one. Ever since I started eating like the bodybuilders do I have not had one since then, in at least 5 years. That means eating more protein. If you tell me how much you weigh, height, and activity level each day I can give you an idea about how much protein you need. It also helped to cut out the sugars, processed foods, flours, and take probiotics and yeast killers to keep the good bacteria in your system.

hey CAJUN LOU,

I am about 5 foot 8 and weight about 68 kg i have losed alot of weight in these few weeks becoz i am trying a different sort of diet out and not eating as much meat really i used to be about 80kg and a lift as well, yeh could you help me out with the protien thing cheers mate..........as i dont want to get any thinner

I just discovered an amazing remedy for "mouth sores." This may be a different kind of mouth sore, I'm not sure, but I thought it couldn't hurt to share this.

I just bit my lip about 4 days ago and usually this means it's going to hurt to eat or drink anything for about a week. Usually the sore gets bigger and bigger and huge and infected and swollen. Then I bit it a second time while I was eating and was preparing for the worst mouth sore of my life.

Well, this last week I was taking HUGE doses of Vitamin C (for another reason), like 3-5 pills at a time (1000 mg each), 2-3 times a day. I know it's a lot, but oh my god that whole sore VANISHED in 3 days. I swear to god I have never seen anything like it. I swear this is because of the vitamin C, it's never gone away that fast. I just wanted to share this with you because it goes to show vitamins really can make a difference. I'd heard, before, that vitamin C has been used in huge doses by doctors to promote healing, but this was the first time I'd seen this happen with a sore in my mouth.

Also, I had stopped drinking coffee all last week so I think this could have helped too, as coffee always makes it harder for your body to heal.

Anyway, good luck!

Libby

thanks libby,

I think the ulcers or mouth sore that i was getting about a week ago was becoz i have started this regimen from another member Moderate Acne, it consists of lemon water and green tea. I think what it was, was taht i wasnt used to drinking something with taht much acid or vitamin c and body just needed to take time to get used it, but now the stops have healed and stopped and i hoping to prevent future sores aswell, i really do think the lemon water is helping i drinking as much as i can these days and my complexion has really made a difference. I have recently started green tea as well but i think they are caffinated ones do u think i shud stop, like u say caffine may hinder the healing process.

Yhe so i do agree i think vitamins is really what we have been missing all along........ biggrin.gif

I am going to start taking omega 3 fish oils too and zinc tablets maybe and see what happens, i am currently on roaccuatne by the way, but on a very low doseage 20mg a day.

I used to get canker sores often.

I have a few suggestions. Don't use mouthwash with alcohol because it removes the natural mucus in your mouth and increases the number of small cuts which leads to canker sores.

Use toothpaste that does not have sodium lauryl sulfate. SLS is the foaming agent in most toothpastes. This ingredient also removes the natural mucus from your mouth. I suggest Biotene brand and Rembrandt which makes a toothpaste made especially for canker sore sufferers.

Get a doc or dentist to write you a prescription for Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.12 Oral Rinse. When I feel a canker sore coming on or if I accidentally cut my mouth, I rinse with this and it prevents canker sores or makes it only last a couple days instead of a week.

There is a theory which says that a canker sore is an overreaction of the immune system and acne is also an overreaction of the immune system to harmless bacteria. Same for allergies.