Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok I'm new here. Ive been suffering from this plague since I was 16, I'm 23 now. I seem to have gotten most of it in controll exept for occationally I get HUGE cysts. You know the ones that seem to take the life outta you for a year.....Ok so recently I got of those suckers and was hopeless for about two weeks. but after the usuall assault that I treat them with I have serious scabbing and so on. Looking at this thing i was going to predict another week or two of healing...Until.. Last night I soaked a band aid in HONEY.yes just plain old honey and put in on this guy...Oh my God today it looks like it is almost 75% healed. call me crazy but .. i'm telling you it works. Something about the high sugar content and bee saliva (thats what I read) Doctors are now seriously looking at the healing power of honey

Good Luck

I'm not sure But I know I will be Trying it...It defenatly may prevent red marks. Iread that it reduces scarring in burns and skin ulcers

I,m pretty sure becuase it is a strong anti bacterial...and acne is caused by bacteria...Something said about people wounds that were not responding to anti biotics..but honey was the answer..Greeks and Egyptians have been using it since way back.....I like to keep it natural. I think most of our skin problems have to do with today's changing society, everything seems to be man/factory made.. thats bad

Well I put it on a few and they seems to accelerate overnight to the dried out scabby stage. But I couldn't say they wouldn't of anyways. More testing is required.

I used clear-ish honey overnight last night and in the morning today, but moistiser and make up went on top and so I'm not sure how much honey actually got absorbed, it seems a little thick to absorb, but who knows.

I keep you updated.

In terms of how much to apply, when, how long etc. No one knows, just do your own experimenting and let us know how you get on. It's honey, a food stuff, not a topical acne treatment, theres no instruction booklet :)

I just bought neutogena multivitam treatment and one of the ingredients is honey extract. I like how it feels so far. I will update in a couple of weeks to see how it works on the acne!

I have had cystic acne for many years too. I spot any large cyst with Queen Helene mint julep masque overnight and in the morning the cyst is not iritated and is reduced in size and inflamation. It cost about three bucks at Walgreens and Walmart. It works !!

um my cat licked it off my face last night so I can't post any scientific results. Feline sabotage of test sample. #-o

Feline interference! LOL I am the middle of experimenting with Sacid products so I want to see how those work before trying this out. Hopefully won't have to. But I am sure it's a tasty treat nonetheless,

Just a quick update to say I'm sold on this idea. I use honey on acne / red marks every morning (and leave on face under make up all day). It causes the acne to heal MUCH quicker, and form scabs, like a normal wound. So they don't seem to scar. The scabs are annoying, I try to not pick them. But at least the skin is healing in some way :D

I had used honey on a couple of my white heads and a healing cyst.

I didnt see a difference with the white heads but I notice that my healing cyst which is like a brown patch faded a little. :)

I did have a problem with trying to keep the honey stay put on one spot.

What happens was my honey kinda shifted downwards as I waited for 15 minutes. Maybe that affected my results. Should I be lying down instead or standing? Well, I had the honey on while I was watching TV. :D And HOW do you put it under ur makeup??? without it dripping or balling up with ur makeup?

ps: I put only concealer on every morning.

I have been applying it on a cyst that was about to be a mountain for about a week. Every night I would put a band aid with some honey and now it 's flat. There is a red mark where it used to be, but that will fade in time. I am so glad that sucker didn't come out. :D/