Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, this cleanser situation is really starting to bother me. I'm not looking for a cleanser to help with acne, I just want something that will remove any dirt and not clog my pores (my biggest problem). I feel like that shouldn't be too hard to find..but oh, it is. Personally, I would really just like to use plain water, but I feel the accumulated dirt and oil would further clog my pores.

Cetaphil is a definite no. I tried it for two months because I don't believe in trying things for a few weeks because there could be an initial breakout. I broke out the whole time so I guess I'm sensitive to sodium lauryl sulfate.

The Purpose bar is a definite hell no. Hehe. My skin is really oily and that stuff strips every bit of moisture my poor little face has. Result, a flood of oil ten minutes after washing with it.

So, anyone have any recommendations for a cleanser not made for acne that just effectively cleans? The more natural the better.

JP

I second that suggestion. Eucerin Pore Purifying cleanser is non-medicated, non-drying, and cleanses dirt and oil well. It's my favorite.

biggrin.gif

Ok, this cleanser situation is really starting to bother me.  I'm not looking for a cleanser to help with acne, I just want something that will remove any dirt and not clog my pores (my biggest problem).  I feel like that shouldn't be too hard to find..but oh, it is.  Personally, I would really just like to use plain water, but I feel the accumulated dirt and oil would further clog my pores. 

Cetaphil is a definite no.  I tried it for two months because I don't believe in trying things for a few weeks because there could be an initial breakout.  I broke out the whole time so I guess I'm sensitive to sodium lauryl sulfate.

The Purpose bar is a definite hell no.  Hehe.  My skin is really oily and that stuff strips every bit of moisture my poor little face has.  Result, a flood of oil ten minutes after washing with it.

So, anyone have any recommendations for a cleanser not made for acne that just effectively cleans?  The more natural the better.

JP

eusa_dance.gif

Found this product by accident when I was on holiday (because the label was in Italian and I couldn't read it). My skin has been clear for a year and I have very few blackheads and no redness.People keep saying how amazing my skin looks. What am i doing on this site? I thought I ought to pass my tip on. I use Dove cream wash which is designed for THE HANDS not the face (dove cream bar which everone knows is no use). It shouldn't work because it has added moistursing cream and perfume- but perhaps it is effective because it doesn't have any active ingredients like most of the special products. The good thing I rub the cream into my face and then wash it off. Its gentle and best of all dirt cheap. Its worth a try and if it doesn't work on your face you can always keep it by the sink to wash your hands with. Before this I probably tried everything on the market. You can't imagine how happy I am!