Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne sucks ass 87

hormonal acne::::::HELP!

i see all these this for different type of acne and ones also for hormonal acne, but adult hormonal acne. what about a 17 year old girl with hormonal acne? what can you recomend? i know my acne is genetic so ill grow out of it but some of it seems to be hormonal!

i see all these this for different type of acne and ones also for hormonal acne, but adult hormonal acne. what about a 17 year old girl with hormonal acne? what can you recomend? i know my acne is genetic so ill grow out of it but some of it seems to be hormonal!

lol.gif interesting self diagnosis there.

Isn't all acne, in all shapes and sizes, ages and stages, due to 'hormones'?!

Makes me chuckle when people proclaim HORMONAL ACNE, UH OH!!!

Treat your 'hormonal acne' the same way anyone with acne, treats acne.

If anyone suspects they may have a problem, get the hormones, glucose, insulin, GT, cholesterol, and BP checked, and if you're an adult female, DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU IT'S NOTHING OR IT'S THE SAME AS ACNE IN YOUNGER PEOPLE.  Those people (including doctors) are wrong and their terribly incorrect and uninformed advice could shorten your life.  Find a doctor who will listen to you and help you.  Do it.  Do it now. 

Accutane will not cure acne in adult females with excess androgens or androgen hypersensitivity.  It will come back once you get off it because it doesn't address the true problem.  Nor will accutane fix the underlying metabolic problem that you have.  Diet changes, exercise, and anti-androgen/insulin-sensitizing medication will.

http://www.pcosupport.org/

http://www.aace.com/pub/pcos2004/index.php

smile.gif

I have to agree. Get your hormones checked, and your glucose. I started a low-carb diet a little over a year ago, had my hormoines checkecked before I started it, then have had them checked every 3 months since then, and thy have slowly come back into balance and I have gained an enormous control over my acne.

I am not trying to promote low-carb for anyone, but you have to find out what your body needs. I found out that an unhealthy diet whacked out my hormones and since eating more healthy my acne has gotten better.

Also adding foods high in antioxidants seems to add a glow to my skin and more color to my face. It also seems to balance out my sebum levels.

I also started doing a weekly enzyme facial peel a couple of weeks ago and my acne scars are starting to fade. The one I use is all natural, safe for all skin types and makes my skin feel super clean after.

So get those hormones checked and start eating more healthy!

Go for your annual physical (which you should probably be doing anyway!) and make sure the doc does a full blood panel. Then ask them about your hormone levels. If needed, request or get a referral to an endocrinologist. They are much better at helping adults with androgen excess than derms or gyns, currently.

:o)

I think it's misleading and inappropriate to suggest or imply that acne in an adult male is generally caused by "excess" levels of androgens. After all, if even NORMAL levels of androgens are sufficient to max-out the activity of sebaceous glands, then returning "excess" levels to a more average or typical level through medical intervention doesn't seem like a very good rationale for the treatment of acne.

Bryan