Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan70

Poll! Should Neosporin hire Jessica as spokesman

Well if Neo works, then no. If it does, then no. Jessica is doing a great thing by telling us about her solution. I hope it works for me. Anyways, this sounds like a personal attack.. eusa_naughty.gifeusa_snooty.gif

I can see it now. Neosporin hires her as a spokesman, people use it for acne, people begin to become resistant, people sue Neosporin. Should be good for business!

To be honest, I could care less about the whole meth thing. If people want to do meth, that's their problem, not mine. The thing I do hate though, is that now I can't just buy allergy pills. You have to go to the pharmacy, have them get it, there's a limit on how much you can have, you can't buy it with other stuff, blah blah blah. I do wish they would just do whatever to keep people from making meth out of it so it's not so hard to buy!

To be honest, I could care less about the whole meth thing. If people want to do meth, that's their problem, not mine.

I wouldn't do it.  Pfizer makes Neosporin.  They also make Sudafed, which is the only non-substitutable ingredient used by cooks to make methamphetamine.

A few years back Pfizer had the opportunity to virtually end the meth plague that's risen up in the midwest and is spreading across the U.S.  A researcher created another version of Sudafed-one which worked just as well for its stated purpose, but COULD NOT be used to make methamphetamine. 

What do you think Pfizer said?  They didn't have to explain their reasons.  They simply said no.  I believe it was because they knew they would lose out on much of the revenue they make when junkies purchase psuedoephedrine based Sudafed to cook their meth with. 

I would never agree to do any kind of testimonial for Pfizer.  I think all pharmaceutical companies are corrupt - they are not in the business of making people well, they are in the business of making the most profit possible and meeting bottom line data.  They create drugs that only mask problems and symptoms and also create a whole host of new physical problems for the people who use them.

Our government just passed a law that will ban all vitamins and supplement via the Codex regulations.  I've been concerned about that for a while now.  Our gov't doesn't look out for you and me-they only care about helping big business with tax cuts and laws that benefit corporations only.  Why else do you think we passed all the bankruptcy laws (that benefit banks, not consumers) and are planning giving huge subsidies to help build oil refineries and nuclear power plants in the next few years. 

Pfizer SUCKS!  I've seen what methamphetamine has done to people I cared about.  It's just about the worst drug out there.  The fact that Pfizer could have severely limited, if not destroyed completely, the meth monster that is ruining much of our rural country, really makes me upset because they chose profit over human life.

Besides, I use generic antibiotic cream-I just used the word "Neosporin" because many of you are familiar with the word, unlike "antibiotic cream".

It's the same anger I feel when I stand behind a senior citizen without insurance in the pharmacy, watching him shell out $600.00 cash for a month's supply of his heart medicine so he can continue living.  That's wrong and it breaks my heart.

To be honest, I could care less about the whole meth thing. If people want to do meth, that's their problem, not mine.

Lots of children go into the foster care system because their parents are unfit due to using/cooking meth. Who pays for social services? Those same children are often psychologically damaged and behind in their education. Who pays for special education?

Even if you don't care about the human element of the meth thing, I just wanted to point out that it does affect you in some way.

Now, what was this thread about?

I don't think they'd want her!

Here's why:

It's important to follow the drug maker's recommendations! Don't forget some folks in Congress tried TWICE to ban accutane: once because it causes birth defects, and the second time because some people thought there was a link between accutane and depression. People abusing accutane could get this life-saving drug taken away from us.

Neosporin also has health risks! The label cautions against using for more than a certain number of days and applying over large areas. One of the side effects of an overdose can be HEARING LOSS!

If everyone used Neosporin the way Jessica does, nobody would be able to hear her anymore!

PLEASE! Don't mis-use drugs!

Jess stated: "There isn't just a "supposed" link between Accutane and depression. There has been a scientific connection made."

Can you direct me to that study, Jess? Writing an article.

Thanks much

Kai

Jess stated: "There isn't just a "supposed" link between Accutane and depression.  There has been a scientific connection made."

Can you direct me to that study, Jess?  Writing an article.

Thanks much

Kai

Reports of intracranial hypertension, depression, and suicidal ideation with Accutane use have prompted an examination of its serious and life-threatening potential.

I've been on accutane 4 times and I'm a pretty happy person. eusa_dance.gif Everyone's brain chemistry is different, though I suppose.