Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesiac

Hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation after peel

Posted

Well,

i did a salycilic acid 20% 2 weeks ago ans my skin is still darker where i did the peel, you can clearly see the area treated which is like a lake shape on my outer cheek.

I need some help or suggestions on what to do, i am applyin aquaphor to it every night but it ain't helping much, what else should i try to get the color back ?, it's darker than the rest pf my skin so it looks bad.

Should i wait a week or so more? Should i get some copper peptides? Another peel? I was considering the A-peel.

Thanks for your time.

Posted

I have the same problem as you. As you might now, I just did a chemical peel too. Right now I'm healing but I can already see that I have darker spots where I applied the acid more. I thought it was the result from my picking but I guess not. In the past I used apple cidar vingar to lighten up my redmarks and brown spots so maybe you should try that. I'm also very interested in how to get rid of this. Please keep us updated on this.

Posted
I have the same problem as you. As you might now, I just did a chemical peel too. Right now I'm healing but I can already see that I have darker spots where I applied the acid more. I thought it was the result from my picking but I guess not. In the past I used apple cidar vingar to lighten up my redmarks and brown spots so maybe you should try that. I'm also very interested in how to get rid of this. Please keep us updated on this.

Posted

I'm sorry not suitable for chemical peeling? I'm confused. I have hyperpigmentation because of the peel. Anyways, I talked to my derm today and she told me that it's best to start using creams to take away the hyper after two weeks of healing. She won't tell me what I should use though.