Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xclusive

difference between SCARS and RED MARKS??

Posted

heyy everyone im pretty new to this board and wanted to kno, is there a difference between scarsand red marks?i noticed how some ppl in this board are saying that they have some red marks that they got after a live pimple went away and hope that it wouldnt turn into a scar. wats the difference? can someone pleasee give me examples and/or pictures of the two. also, a scar can never completely go away right? how long will it take for a red mark to go away? any help is appreciated cuz i have some marks on my face where live acne used to be, btw i had/have pretty moderate acne (cysts) but my face is mostly cleared up now since i've been taking doxycyclin and using retin-a-micro. the marks where my big cysts used to be, are they scars or red marks? thanks for the help..

Posted

bump...

anyone?

Posted

The term scars that we usually refer to on this board are indents... like pits, rolling scars, ice-pick scars, etc. Alternatively, there are raised scars which are called hypertrophic scarring. I wouldn't consider a red-mark a scar necessarily, but some people believe otherwise.

You can tell if it's an indent by examining the mark under lighting to see if it's indented or not.

Posted

hey Lexy thanks. but can u go a little more in depth? like if u have a cyst on ur face n then it goes away after a while and with medications, will it form a scar when it goes away or just a red mark? and also can u pleasee post a few picturez of the difference between scars and red marks, just so i can have a better understanding of the two. thanks sooo much.

Posted
hey Lexy thanks. but can u go a little more in depth? like if u have a cyst on ur face n then it goes away after a while and with medications, will it form a scar when it goes away or just a red mark? and also can u pleasee post a few picturez of the difference between scars and red marks, just so i can have a better understanding of the two. thanks sooo much.

Guest delta force operators
Posted

id also like to know this

how dark can red marks get..is there a certain darkness that it becomes classified a scar