Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi, im recently on clindamycin, differin and 2 x doxy a day, can anyone tell me if i should avoid any sun exposure cause i wanted to go swim and get a tan. thanx

hi, im recently on clindamycin, differin and 2 x doxy a day, can anyone tell me if i should avoid any sun exposure cause i wanted to go swim and get a tan. thanx

Both the doxy and the differin will sensitize your skin to the sun. A sunscreen should always be worn. You will most likely burn before you tan. I wouldn't recommend it, because for most people it's not a good idea to tan while on these meds. Whatever you do, at least wear some sunscreen, especially around water which magnifies the effect of the sun.

I was on doxy twice aday also a while back. I never knew it effected you sensitivity to the sun. I guess that was due to not knowing this web site. But i never got burnt or felt anything different so i think it really just senstizes people who are really already prone to get burnt. Dont let your meds stop you from going swimming and having fun you hermet :-

OMG!!! I was on doxycycline 2 years ago and sustained the worst sunburn of my life within 2-3 hours at the beach.

I'm a california girl & surf alot, am in the sun as much as possible, but that drug whupped my butt. I had chills, a fever, nausea, and had to go on bedrest for 2 days, which was fine as I didn't want anyone to see the NOSE PEEL OFF of my face. Fortunately it's grown back {sniff!}

Long story short, not everyones the same but I would only seek the sun on doxy if I wanted to feel like dying.