Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UTvol

HERE YE HERE YE! I AM QUITING SOFT DRINKS!!!!!!!

Alright, I'll try and experiment for the good of this web community!

I, utvol, hereby declare that I will for the common good of acne fighters everywhere, stop drinking all soft drinks for one month. I understand that the cravings will become unberable at times, but by the grace of god, I will overcome the evil sugary substance known as Soft Drinks, for the good of my face, to kill the evil acne ( [-o< ) and hence give my Liver a break as well :-

The Date----May 30, 2003

The Time----12:13 AM Eastern Standard Time

Im not kidding people, I swear to you all, I am quitting Soft Drinks for one month, to see if i notice a good difference. Im talking ZERO,ZILCH,NADA Soft Drinks. If I do give in, even one drop, I will post on here, and kick my own ass.

I will let you guys know how it goes.

3 Minutes Down, 44637 to go! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

yep, I quit drinking soft drinks about 4 months ago. And did my acne clear up? No. Too bad, too. I thought all the sugar would affect it, but it didn't. So no matter how much candy or sugar I have, my acne does not change. But I rarely crave soft drinks anymore.

Quiting soft drinks wont help heal the past acne you have, but it does somehow make you breakout less. =P~

lol that really won't do jack shit. I actually started drinking soft drinks every now and then (used to never drink that stuff) and my acne has not change if hasn't actually improved.

Regardless of the naysayers I want to commend your efforts as it is NOBLE, UNSELFISH {if you post your progess} and HEALTHY.

it's not ONLY the sugar, kids! How about bone & teeth softening, calcium robbing, and body dehydrating carbolic ACID?????

Of my many addictions, soda isn't one of them, but it's true you don't crave them once you've quit, and I wouldn't drink soda at all if I didn't REQUIRE redbulls when I go out dancing. {I don't drink alcohol}

Good Luck! May the force be with you!

I drink a 6 pack of 24 fl ounce (710 ml for you non-americans :-) pepsis or cokes a day... many times more. I've been on the regimen for 3 weeks now and am clear.

I have always consumed mass amounts of pepsi and coke and have no adverse health side effects. I have never had a cavity in my entire life, nor do I have stained or unhealthy teeth. I am neither fat nor skinny, instead I am extremely well built, and am also a state championship level swimmer. I piss clear every day (meaning I am getting more than enough water), yet I drink nothing but coke or pepsi. I sleep soundly every night for the correct amount of time, and have no jitters, shakes, or any other health related problems people commonly attribute to soft-drinks.

There is nothing wrong with soft-drinks.

Guest romafan53

I dont have acne but i have got this weird spot like thing on my back, anyone wanna help a guy out?

kbuen, are you serious? You drink 4 1/2 litres of coke or pepsi a day? Well, it might not be affecting your health now (I'm betting you're quite young) but that is an INSANE amount of sugar. You are putting yourself at an increased risk for adult-onset (Type II) diabetes, which is the major risk factor (together with smoking) for stroke, not to mention many other health risks and your poor teeth! Take my word for it, regardless of your wondrous state of health at the moment, your body doesn't appreciate being abused like that.

UTVol, good for you. You'll find that as you reduce your sugar intake, you crave it less, and are satisfied by less when you do crave it.

It's not just soft drinks guys, the average serving of iced tea, fruit juice, and even some milks have 20+ grams of sugar! Alternatives?

Water

Soy milk(6-9 grams of sugar per serving, the vanilla or chocolate tastes pretty good, and I drink it alot)

Herbal teas(use a bit of honey, less shocking to the body compared to white sugar)

Ginger Switchel(look it up, very good if done right, don't make it too sweet)

I am also trying to take out as much sugar as reasonably possible from my diet.

I also quit drinking soft drinks about one year ago; I noticed a marked difference in that I rarely brake out anymore. Who knows, maybe it's just a coincidence.

I mostly drink water it doesn't hurt to take a sip of coke but i guessif u take a sip it will hook u back on it lol

Actually i recently quit softdrinks too and i think it HAS helped sort of. However, im thinking Lemon softdrinks like Lift are ok because they have... lemon? Am i right? Im gonna start drinking only Lift and Water and see what happens.

Soda is absolutely destructive to the human body. I gave it up along with all refined sugars, all grains and all dairy back in October. I think there's something like 8 tablespoons of sugar in each 20 oz bottle. Sucrose. White table sugar. Anywhere this lethal substance is introduced, it causes massive damage to the health of people. It may not appear destructive at first but I can guarantee anyone who partakes in this over a course of time WILL suffer. Instead...How bout some green tea with a little raw honey? I find tea very good.

108 ways sugar can destroy your health:

http://www.mercola.com/article/Diet/sugar/...rs_of_sugar.htm

Sugar:

http://www.karlloren.com/Diabetes/p82.htm#sugar

thankfully i was never into sweets things anyway. but if u wanne get results u have to give up all refined sugar, not just soft drinks.

eff, you crack me up, What the hell is this? You quit grains because you think it causes acne and now we are forced to believe the crap you feed us with those two links?

Sugar is bad, but so is your diet.

Revolution, those 2 links are only intended to show some people how bad sugar is for you. Only sugar. The rest of my diet you obviously do not understand. If you can tell me how it is bad, I'll gladly listen, though I don't think you are able.

Just a thought Allot of times it may not be the soda doing it but and allergic reaction occuring because of it. Maybe you can be slightly allergic to who knows what is in the drinks. For instance i can drink Tons of Coke and have no effect but i can drink two or 3 pepsi's gurantee i will break out. SO theirs probably some ingredient in pespi i'm allergic to. It may not be all soft drinks break you out it could be some. Its important to find out which ones. :-

I don't drink coke cause it tastes like shit :? :? :? . If you're after a cafeine and sugar high - dirnk a double esspresso =P~ mmmmmmmm

Of my many addictions, soda isn't one of them - {I don't drink alcohol} 

Why don't you try drinking water, and no other drinks...(unless you have too!) then you will probbaly notice a difference...because like some people have already said, all kinds of drinks have sugar in them! Good luck!

kbuen, are you serious? You drink 4 1/2 litres of coke or pepsi a day? Well, it might not be affecting your health now (I'm betting you're quite young) but that is an INSANE amount of sugar. You are putting yourself at an increased risk for adult-onset (Type II) diabetes, which is the major risk factor (together with smoking) for stroke, not to mention many other health risks and your poor teeth! Take my word for it, regardless of your wondrous state of health at the moment, your body doesn't appreciate being abused like that.

Insane amount of sugar? 27 grams of sugar per 710mL is absolutely nothing...

Young? I'm 25, and have been drinking this much pepsi and coke for over 10 years. Again, I repeat, I have _NEVER_ had a cavity, and am checked out by dentists as having wonderful and healthy teeth every 6 months. My sugar levels are absolutely normal, among everything else about my body. I have monthly physicals due to my training and goal to swim in the olympics, and have never, ever, had anything that wasn't in the norm.

Those links someone posted are rediculous. I especially love that long list of things that "sugar does." That is absolutely fantastic... Note that none of them, not a single one, describes in any sort of detail where they "discovered" that information, what variables or controls were used in testing, or how much sugar intake is required to have "complications."

If you eat a pound of sugar a day... yeah, that wouldn't be good. But the small amount of sugar in soda (most of the sweetener is corn syrup...it hasn't been primarily cane sugar in over a decade) isn't going to do jack to you, regardless.

Any of these so call "results" you get from your diets are purely psychosomatic. And believing these "published results" from "internet doctors" is rediculous. If results like these were accurate, then there would be many more doctors and research lauding the progress of such a diet.

Again, I repeat, Cola does nothing that adversely affects your body, and I, and billions of other cola drinkers around the world are living proof of that fact.

Also, I should mention that I eat grain every day, and wheat is the primary foundation of my diet (as it should be for everyone). I agree that much of the denatured grains used in processing isn't exactly healthy, but you try to shy away from that as much as you can. I eat pasta 3 or 4 times a week, and always have. Again, this has no effect on clogged pores, nor acne in the least...

Acne is a combination of bacteria and dead skin cells blocking pores.. How do you fix that? Remove the skin cells before they clog, and kill the bacteria... Dan's regimen does this, and no change of diet is needed.

ok kbuen firstly you have very tough teeth and you're lucky

secondly what you're missing here is you're obviously burning all that sugar off. You can bet away with 'bad' eating habits a lot more if you're active. That said I don't believe for a second that quiting coke will help acne

Of my many addictions, soda isn't one of them, but it's true you don't crave them once you've quit, and I wouldn't drink soda at all if I didn't REQUIRE redbulls when I go out dancing.

yummmm. caffeinated liquid pez (aka redbull). I love that stuff. I have it every once in a (long) while. My boyfriend's mother knows the local distributor, and we get a few free cans every once in a while. I almost never drink soda though (incl. the above). When I was younger, the water in our apt tasted like rust and we couldn't afford bottled water or juice, and my mother always bought soda because it was cheap. She didn't know enough to know that soda makes you thirstier.

Kbuen, someone made an error. Coca-Cola contains about 78 grams of sugar per 710 ml, not 27. Sugar is NOT human food and has been devastating the health of humans since it was introduced into our diets hundreds of years ago. It's consumption has risen dramatically during the past century. We're eating more refined sugar...something never eaten in man's evolutionary history, than ever before. It is absolutely catastrophic to the human body. It will catch up with you sooner or later. Quit it while you're ahead. Let me remind everyone that the human body REQUIRES fat & protein but has no requirement for carbs (sugar).

i used to drink alot of pepsi and coke..it has bad side effects you wont know until you stop and feel the difference.I had to stop once(there was none available) and i noticed i was happier and less suspicious of everyone..i didnt notice much physical side effects other than i stopped having a constant taste of pop in my mouth :) but i still had bad insomnia so my doctor was wrong on that one