Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I have red marks from previous acne breakouts. Has anyone tried a pulsed dye laser to get rid of the red marks? My derm recommended v-beam laser? Anyone recommend it? Comments? Thanks!

Posted

I have had three treatments with the VBeam laser along with the Smoothbeam. I have not seen any resluts with the VBeam and I am just now starting to see results from the Smoothbeam. I am having my fourth treatment this Wed and I think I am not going to do the VBeam again. Doesn't seem to be doing anything for the redness on my face. [-(

Posted

jjp007,

Where in TX are you? I'm looking for a good Dr. doing smoothbeam in dallas area.

Thx

Posted
jjp007,

Where in TX are you?  I'm looking for a good Dr. doing smoothbeam in dallas area.

Thx

I am not in the Dallas area, sorry. try here:

http://www.candelalaser.com/patient_ref.cfm

Posted

You can find more info on it at lasercope.com. I had two tx and it worked really well on the redness, but it's really expensive and if you keep getting zits it seems like a big waste of money. For those that have no more zits and just have the redness this would be better I think than the vbeam. I had two tx and totally wiped the redness, but since i got more zits later on, it was a big cycle so to speak. I'd rather look for cheaper alternatives and get the acne under control first. Good luck!

Posted
You can find more info on it at lasercope.com.  I had two tx and it worked really well on the redness, but it's really expensive and if you keep getting zits it seems like a big waste of money.  For those that have no more zits and just have the redness this would be better I think than the vbeam.  I had two tx and totally wiped the redness, but since i got more zits later on, it was a big cycle so to speak.  I'd rather look for cheaper alternatives and get the acne under control first.  Good luck!

I have never heard of these lasers but they sound very similar to the VBeam just a different company.