Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leeb

you from the UK ? help ME

my derm is not at all helpfull. he perscribed me accutane and booted me out the door. I dont know what products i need to calm the side effects. dry skin, lips, nose etc

what do you use and i dont buy online, so boots local pharmacists etc ..

thanks a lot :-s

Tell me about it! Doctors in the UK just don't seem to care! Well, I guess they gat paid the same either way, right? I saw my G.P 4 weeks ago enquiring about accutane and he said he would get me an appointment at the dermatolagy clinic, and he's only just got one! For in 8 weeks time! It's gonna be a year before I'm on accutane at this rate,...just count yourself lucky that you've got the product that could potentially cure you!

Well, seeing as I'm not on it, I can't really offer much advice. U need a good moisturizer (I use nivea oil free moisturizing fluid, but you might want something a little more intensive, and with a sun protection factor) and a good lip balm (aloe kote is brilliant as it contains aloe vera, but I've heard a lot of accutane users using vaseline. It's cheap, effective, and odourless, so you can put it up your nostrils if they dry out :-/ ) Well, that's all I can say...any other UK people out there?

yeah....when I was on vacation in France, the doktor just perscribed me Accutane, without saying stuff about it 8-[

luckily I never went to the drugstore, and when i got back to the netherlands my derm perscribed me accutane with all info i needed to have about it :-

:)/

hey

danm i live in manchester 2 but im at bradford at the mo in uni .. i got refered to a derm by my gp .. that took 2 months then my derm made me wait 3 months for a blood test cos apparently he was "busy" .. i couldnt believe it, i went in there the day b4 yesterday and it took about 3 n a 1/2 mins for him to give me my pescription of accutane.. i was like "i cant believe you made me wait 3 months for that when u coulda done it last time i saw you" and like i said i got no advice all i got was take the tablets with milk or food "now piss off". only good thing is i only paid 6.50 otherwise english docs are shit.

Okay well

I wash my face twice; once int he morning and at night

i use palmers cocoa butter with vit e fash wash (u can only get this of the net though)

so you could use johnsons 5.5 gentle enfoliant wash (it wasnt harsh even though i was on tane) i only switched because i wanted to try summin to fade these annoying red marks.

i dont need to use mositurizer cause my face is not dry at all

But when i first started using accutane and read all posts of how bad peeling was i bought one and it was johnsons 5.5 cream

I bought vitamin e eye cream, just incase accutane cause fine lines around my eyes (lol i am only 18 but didnt wanna chance it)

bought a body moisturizer superdrugs own brand

vaseline for lips and superdrugs brand of lip and cold sore cream

and soem vit e capsules 600 iu and a bottle of milk thistle caps.

detox teabags, i drink loads of these b4 my blood tests.

IF I THINK OF ANY THING ELSE I BOUGHT I WILL LET U KNOW.... :-

Oh yeah i was on 30 mg first month and now i am on 50mg

been on it for 2 months (4 month course) :)

Hey leeb,

Yeah treatment is going fine.

some days i think oh god what have i done starting this treatment (the bad days we all get)

but i have more good days now, and i have just had a happy experience with the mirror in work.

i would never look into it and today i did and my face looks so much better yay :-

so yeah i have like 2 more months to go and then hopefully i will b clear,apart from soem left over marks which will hopefully fade with my palmers soap wash thingey :)

I'm in CA, not the UK, but I've used aquaphor on accutane and dug it tremendously, don't know if they have it at Boots Pharm.

Just out of curiosity...Boots Pharm is the only one I've heard of while on this site. Don't you guys have deplorable megachains like Sav-on ? Walmart?

Also, I know it sux to wait...but that 6.50 appt. & prescription would cost over $300 where I live. Hope that makes it worth the wait :-

While I was on accutane I remember going through most brands of lip salves....I thought the blistex liquid in a small white tube was the best available. A lot of the others are just too greasy and don't soak in. A really good body moisturiser is Keri lotion...not sure if you get that i the uk...otherwise neutrogena norwegian formula, e45 will be good for dry arms and elbows (not on your face!) You want a really gentle facial moisturiser with high spf....avene, cetaphil, even plain old oil of ulay. Liquid tears are useful if you find yourself getting dry and irritated eyes.

Good luck