Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneScarredAndSad05

Can I get some advice, please?

Hi, I have some pictures in my gallery, and if someone could please help me determine what treatments would be best for my scarring, I would greatly appreciate it. As of right now, I don't know what'll work, but i'm thinking a filler of some kind? However, I don't know the risks of fillers, and I don't know which ones are permanent.

Anyone heard of "dermal filler?" If so, can you please tell me as much as you know about it.

Also, if for some reason you can't find the gallery, which I couldn't when I first started posting here, just click on my name. (I'm sure the regulars know)

Thank you.

Bio-alcamid is a derm filler than can be used for some types of acne-scarring but you'd have to get a consultation with a surgeon or dermatologist to see if you'd be an ideal candidate. The good thing is that that type of filler is a permanent one.

As effective as TCA CROSS is for certain types of acne scarring, i'm not sure it would suit your kind of scarring... maybe i'm wrong, others might tell you different. CO2 Laser treatment would probably benefit you but wouldn't totally get rid of the scars but would reduce them, s is the case with bascially all acne scarring treatments right now wacko.gif CO2 laser treatment is fairly expensive though. I would definitely consult with a dermatologist.

Bio-alcamid is a derm filler than can be used for some types of acne-scarring but you'd have to get a consultation with a surgeon or dermatologist to see if you'd be an ideal candidate. The good thing is that that type of filler is a permanent one.

As effective as TCA CROSS is for certain types of acne scarring, i'm not sure it would suit your kind of scarring... maybe i'm wrong, others might tell you different. CO2 Laser treatment would probably benefit you but wouldn't totally get rid of the scars but would  reduce them, s is the case with bascially all acne scarring treatments right now  wacko.gif  CO2 laser treatment is fairly expensive though. I would definitely consult with a dermatologist.

As effective as TCA CROSS is for certain types of acne scarring, i'm not sure it would suit your kind of scarring... maybe i'm wrong, others might tell you different. CO2 Laser treatment would probably benefit you but wouldn't totally get rid of the scars but would  reduce them, s is the case with bascially all acne scarring treatments right now  wacko.gif  CO2 laser treatment is fairly expensive though. I would definitely consult with a dermatologist.

Isn't there some kind of fat loss associated w/ laser? Even w/ the smoothbeam laser treatments I had, I found it made my scarring look much worse.

I will not be doing laser for my skin, because I don't think it'll make much of a different on my severe scars. Also, i've heard it can have lasting negative effects, such as you two mentioned.

However, I will do ANYTHING that will help me.

There seems to be too many people who had bad experiences with laser treatments, so you're probably right to forget about laser. Better safe than sorry! Isolagen is a new treatment... and a costly one.. and is supposed to be benefical for acne scarring. Don't really know much about it but have read a little on what it can achieve. At my time of reading it, i don't think it was available in the US, it was in the UK.. was a while ago so maybe i'm wrong about that.

This may sound like a dumb question but is it OK to do dermal filling while you are on Accutane, or are you just checking things out for future reference? I've read posts on this board about how accutane can make it hard for your body to heal, so you could get an even better result if you wait till you're off the accutane to do any kind of procedure. But I could be wrong, who knows, maybe it wouldn't have any effect, but I think the healing process is very, very important no matter what you do.

For now I've just got to add you are one very handsome guy and I'm sure a lot of other people around you think so too, scars or not. I bet you have a lot of good experiences in store for you.

Libby

I will not be doing laser for my skin, because I don't think it'll make much of a different on my severe scars. Also, i've heard it can have lasting negative effects, such as you two mentioned.

However, I will do ANYTHING that will help me.

Guest delta force operators
Thanks for the replies.

Libby, i'm waiting until i'm off the accutane.

Let me tell this straight and clear. It is not going to work. If you have are rich like some bill gates then forget about it and if you are not, hey then what the fuck are you living for. Just buy some alcohal or get some anaesthesia and just jump in the water.

You would be happier that way. Sorry to say but feel this way.

Better to die with honor rather than cringe away to death. I wonder why can't we form some suicide group or death pact and help each other get off the shore.???

Watcha say... I hate this kinda living , it is pure torture .... eusa_wall.gif

Hi AcneScarredAndSad05, you could get fat transfer like Pete advises, or Sculptra for the larger indentations. http://www.sculptra.com

Another good option would be Perlane, if it is available, or the even longer lasting version of the same hyaluronic acid whose name escapes me.

You could always have the smaller places filled in as well with something like Restylane. (I have this done - works great) good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

Let me tell this straight and clear. It is not going to work. If you have are rich like some bill gates then forget about it and if you are not, hey then what the fuck are you living for. Just buy some alcohal or get some anaesthesia and just jump in the water.

Better to die with honor rather than cringe away to death. I wonder why can't we form some suicide group or death pact and help each other get off the shore.???

Thanks for the replies.

Hi AcneScarredAndSad05, you could get fat transfer like Pete advises, or Sculptra for the larger indentations.  http://www.sculptra.com

Another good option would be Perlane, if it is available, or the even longer lasting version of the same hyaluronic acid whose name escapes me.

You could always have the smaller places filled in as well with something like Restylane. (I have this done - works great) good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

You have to find it within you. A strength. Deep down, pull it out. You have to perservere. Or else it wins. Don't give up.

I'm not going to tell you that you don't have scarring. You do. But one thing I can say is that despite it you are still a nice looking person. You are. And that is despite the scarring. Keep strong. Read anything by Winston Churchill where he describes England's darkest hours during WW2. It will uplift you spirit. Have courage.

James

don't listen to a word from taichi, That's just his thoughts and speaks for no one only himself. YES you can get something done, but you need to see a derm or doc, so don't hold back and set the wheels in motion

AcneScarredandSad,

I know you're on accutane and all, but the thing that kind of made me feel better was by going to get some free consultations from plastic surgeons while I was on accutane. It kept me busy and made me feel more like I was "doing something" about my scars, even though I really can't for a while because of accutane. Also, it helps with the whole researching process and planning ahead.