Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jlsadk

This face needs to be clear in 1 week (pics)

I'll buy any crazy products, spend an hour doing facial steams or whatever, put fifty different products on my face every day, go tanning for 10 hours straight, I'll sit in the steam room for 8 hours a day, I DON'T CARE. But in 1 week, I have college orientation and then a beach trip on which I'm meeting up with a very special lady wink.gif but who the last time I saw them, 2 years ago, I had no acne...

I just took these two pictures now to show you what kind of acne I have or whatever, so that you guys can use your best judgement on what I need to do. Would going to the steam room help? How often? You guys could recommend me any regimen that you think would work for me.

I'm not sure what kind of acne I have; moderate? mild? But anyways, for the pictures I'm putting a bare lightbulb a few inches from my face and taking it because I think that's how you can see the acne most clearly.

Day 1

user posted image

Right side

user posted image

Left side

user posted image

Front

Here's a list of products that I currently own, but I'm willing to go buy whatever people think would work:

-Cetaphil

-Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (Salicylic Acid)

-Clean & Clear Oil-Free Foaming Facial Cleanser

-St. Ive's Apricot Scrub

-Oxy maximum acne treatment (10% BP)

-Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment (2.5% BP)

-Clearasil Ultra (10% BP)

-Neutrogena RapidClear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel (Salicylic Acid)

-A little bit of everything from the Proactiv kit

Today I took a shower, used the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, then when I got out, I used that sulfur cream thing from the Proactiv kit that you put on your face and leave it for 10 minutes then rinse off, then I put some apple cider vinegar on or whatever with a cotton ball, and now I'm drinking a 1.5L bottle of water so I don't get dried out. Maybe I should put on some of the On-the-Spot stuff? I don't know. But I'll be updating this every day with new pictures to record my progress.

Hey buddy.

Have you considered trying out Hibiclens cleanser and Neosporin Creme? Check out the "over the counter medications" and the threads will be right there. Since your strapped for time, I'd consider tanning as a quick fix- not long term. Your acne isnt that bad at all by the looks of it and your skin doesn't look pale white so I think you'll be ok. Just don't burn! Good luck to ya cool.gif

hi! firstly, even if your skin isnt perfectly clear by the end of the week you honestly have nothing to worry about in relation to meeting this mystery lady because you look great! as for your acne.... i would say it is mild and is actually quite hard to notice.. it just seems to be a bit of redness as you dont have a lot of actual cists/spots... anyways i found that witch hazel was very good for mild acne like yours as it helped dry out the affected areas.. but thats all i can think of for now.. sorry! ill tyr and get back to you with more suggestions if i can! keep us all updated on your progress!

x

Your acne looks somewhat mild. I know it doesn't feel that way to you. But the other poster is right - you look great. Your good looks outweigh your acne. So first things first - don't freak out and make it worse.

Things you should probably NOT do because they have high likelihood of making it worse:

* Don't exfoliate too much. Hide that St. Ives scrub from yourself!

* Don't start a BP regimen IF you don't use BP already. It is good in the long run but can give you red, irritated skin at first. So if you want to look good in a week, don't start it now. (It is OK to use it, though, if you know you can handle it)

* Don't steam! Steaming will inflame your already existing spots and might create new ones as your skin "detoxifies" While some people swear by the long term effects of steaming and detoxifying - you do NOT want to detoxify this week!

* Don't get too much sun right now. Sun can aggrevate acne. (Although the previous poster is correct - with fair skin like yours, a slight tan just a day or two before "the big day" can hid the red a little. But she/he is right -don't burn or you'll get worse!!)

* Don't use a product you don't already know, in case you have a bad reaction. Don't overdo anything! Irritated skin, no matter what the source, can aggrevate acne.

Here are things you CAN do this week, to help:

* GENTLE wash every morning and night. Just like the regimen here recommends. (Take a look at Dan's video on the home page) GENTLE wash with a GENTLE cleanser, and rinse real well!!

* I recommend this as your piece de resistance for this week: ICE CUBE. After a gentle cleansing, every morning and night, gently rub an ice cube over your face and particularly, ice your current spots. (Don't ice, however, over broken / oozing skin, or you can spread bacteria.) Ice does not cure acne but it is a FABULOUS anti-inflammatory. Every morning and night for 3 or 4 minutes (about one or two ice cubes total) Over a couple of days it will soothe your red spots and, for a while, keep new ones from appearing too large.

* Follow your nightly wash & ice with your Neutrogena 2.5 BP, but use it all over your face, not just the spots. It will help keep new ones from popping up this week. BUT ONLY DO THIS IF you know you can handle BP from previous experience. Let it dry, then go to sleep.

* Optional: Follow your morning wash & ice with a little salicylic on the spot OR BP on the spot and - this is very important - if you wear salicylic or BP during the day (even if it is cloudy outside) you MUST allow it to dry and then cover your whole face with a little acne safe sunscreen.

Keep drinking plenty of water. Get plenty of sleep. DON'T PICK OR SCRATCH OR TOUCH YOUR FACE. Keep your telephones clean, and change your pillowcase every night or two.

Don't freak out, do have fun, and if need be, tell this woman that you are just having a slight allergic reaction to something wink.gif

Please - let us know what you do and how it works out!

Wow man, thanks djay for that. And also thanks to the poster who recommended Witch Hazel, although I'm not going to try that until after this week when I can afford the risk. I'm going to be following a mix of djay's regimen and Dan's regimen, the thing on the home page. I just finally watched that and it looks pretty simple and also, it's close to djay's so I can just add an icing before every BP application and bam. One thing that I'm excited about is using a whole ton of BP. I found out after watching the video and reading the regimen that I have been using waaaaaaaaay too little BP all this time. I always used a little drop and just spread it round the red spots and that was it. Now I'm going to get in the shower, use the cleanser, get out, ice, then use 2 fingers of BP, then a moisturizer. Bam. Then pics for Day 2.

EDIT: and to BriGuy86 (i think that was it at least), Yeah I've used Neosporin before, I used to put it on all over day and night for a while. Then I got lazy. Probably not a good thing. Won't get lazy this week though.

More ideas are welcome!

Day 2

user posted image

Right side

user posted image

Left side

user posted image

Front

Update on the regimen: I'm now using the Purpose soap bar that Dan recommends on the regimen instead of the Neutrogena liquid stuff.

my opinion, your acne is mild, stick with one regimen use LOTS of bp not in the sun though and u;ll look great

Looks like it got worse in day 2.. I see some whiteheads forming..

You should definitely try eBay and search for "Juliets Clean & Clear Skin Treatment" biggrin.gif

Day 3

user posted image

Right side

user posted image

Left side

user posted image

Front

Well I'm getting a couple whiteheads, which pisses me off... but if those could disappear I'd be pretty damn pleased, and the little red marks can wait for later but for now, all I need to disappear is those damn whiteheads. Especially around the mouth area. Those are the key targets for now. But I won't touch 'em.

well i know this might be impossible given the short amount of time you need to get clear, but for that type of acne some retin-a would clear u up quick. obviously its a prescrip. medication, but if u know someone who uses it , try to have them borrow it out. within a week's times you'll have noticeable improvement

dont load on the BP if u havent been using it b4 itll make u dry and flaky and could make u worse.

yeah, how many times do you wash your face a day? you may be washing too much and using way too many products!

or you may be washing too little biggrin.gif

You may also want to consider cutting your hair as it seems that it's all over your forehead and your hair usually has dirt and oil in it which can cause pimples on your forehead.. Try cutting your hair or combing it out of your forehead rolleyes.gif

well, it is day 5. I really think it is extrememly hard to get clearer in a week! I would go for BP. Dont overdo it though as other people said. If you consistently apply BP for the whole week i think you will see an improvement.

Am i too late? wink.gif

i would suggest, ACV a few times a day..then neosporine

You may also want to consider cutting your hair as it seems that it's all over your forehead and your hair usually has dirt and oil in it which can cause pimples on your forehead.. Try cutting your hair or combing it out of your forehead  rolleyes.gif

Eucerin Clear Skin Formula cleared my acne 100% in days! I know it sounds unbelievable but I had huge acne on my cheeks and within days they all disappeared. I've been using the cleanser and toner for 3 or 4 months now and my face is completely clear. I dont wear make up anymore and before that I would PAINT my face with make up. Anyways, you can get those products at drugstore.com.

You are sooo CUTE! Don't worry about the spots-- really! But, one thing I've found that will dry up active pimples like the whiteheads that are getting ready to burst around your lips is to apply a coating of BP before bed-- like a blemish bomb I think "they" call them-- enough to leave a white spot of BP that will dry and dry out the pimple...but only if BP is easy on your skin. But seriously, you are a handsome young man-- keep the confidence of that safely tucked away in your mind and to hell with those spots!

Good luck-- goldie

You are sooo CUTE!  Don't worry about the spots-- really!  But, one thing I've found that will dry up active pimples like the whiteheads that are getting ready to burst around your lips is to apply a coating of BP before bed-- like a blemish bomb I think "they" call them-- enough to leave a white spot of BP that will dry and dry out the pimple...but only if BP is easy on your skin.  But seriously, you are a handsome young man-- keep the confidence of that safely tucked away in your mind and to hell with those spots!

Good luck-- goldie

i suggest not using SO MUCH on your face

man

okay

i quit using everything i seriously just wash with water

and shave everyday

and occasionally use dove

and my acnes getting better?

wierd huh

lol

i dunno if its just like something fake but will see am gonna give it a month

dood a week?

as far as i know THERE IS NOTHING THAT Will clear your skin in a week<3

i just have to agree stop using so much product if anything it will make it a hell of a lot worse your skin looked quite good on the first pics then trying to use all of those products to minimize the amount of spots in such a short about of time is killing the skin its like it doesnt know what the hell it wants to do.

i can tell from just the three days of pics that it has got worse. all of those products how much are you spending. through the whole time of me having acne which just over 4 years i havnt spent over £5 on over the counter lotions. the best thing for you is to stop all that crap and start fresh again.

i honestly think that the best way to cure it is to obviously stop using over the counter shit. but also to do what i did and seek advice from a doctor luckily my doctor had a great reptutation fro dealing with skin, so maybe you should see a derm... i have always thruogh the years have always used a lotion/cream with captule tablets. the treatment has been in severel stages each change of medication was a different stage at the min it is looking great i think and so everyone else says...... if you where to do this i honestly think that you will be clear in no time.

You may also want to consider cutting your hair as it seems that it's all over your forehead and your hair usually has dirt and oil in it which can cause pimples on your forehead.. Try cutting your hair or combing it out of your forehead  rolleyes.gif

washing face less >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> washing face more

Eucerin Clear Skin Formula cleared my acne 100% in days! I know it sounds unbelievable but I had huge acne on my cheeks and within days they all disappeared. I've been using the cleanser and toner for 3 or 4 months now and my face is completely clear. I dont wear make up anymore and before that I would PAINT my face with make up. Anyways, you can get those products at drugstore.com.