Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dawny9

Back Acne....help!

haha. ive been dealing with this for YEARS! if its just minor blemishes and zits and stuff, try this;

body wash- neatrogena body clear or oxy has one too

wash your body AFTER you condition your hair. conditioner is back acne's satan!

Put a bp on at night and just make sure you wear something white (bp bleaches!)

if its severe i would get on a prescription NOW! you dont want scars like me later! i like erythrombycin and im on minocycline now, but not really liking it!

also, your dr. can presribe you a prescription body wash. I use bp 8%. it lasts awhile and seems to be doing its job! i hope this may help you! feel free to ask me anything! good luck!

Bacne is a royal pain in the ass. I've been fighting it for the past couple of years.

A few suggestions:

1) Don't use dryer sheets to soften your clothes (they work by basically depositing chemicals on your clothes - these chemicals can cause irritation leading to breakouts).

2) Use allergen fighting laundry detergents

3) Sleep with no shirt on

4) Use one of those buff-puff things to gently exfoliate your back when you shower

5) Experiment with different cleansers until you see results - I used every "acne fighting" body wash there is and had no luck. Finally I started using Head and Shoulders to clean my back (contains zinc - an anti-inflammatory) and my back got much clearer.

I do all of the above and I've gotten about a 60-70% reduction in my bacne but I still get some.

Personally I would stay away from antibiotics as they usually do more harm than good and are only a short term solution.

Maybe consider smoothbeam treatments for your back.

Hope this helps.