Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calla

A Question For the Danes...

Hi all, this is very unrelated to acne but I need the advice of those residing in Denmark.

I'm going to be spending a short time in Copenhagen (1 or 2 days) on a layover while flying to another destination. I'm looking for reasonably-priced hotel recommendations (the closer to the airport/main attractions the better!) In addition, I'm looking for cheap/free things to do in the city which wouldn't involve travelling to far from the airport.

Most importantly, I'm a huge Kierkegaard fan. Anything Kierkegaard-related in the city that you can point me to would be fabulous.

Thanks in advance! :-

~calla

Hi Calla!

Have a look at this site: http://www.woco.dk/

Also when I was in cph a couple of years ago I stayed at a hotel right by the central station as well as Tivoli, the main shopping street etc - train from the airport to the central station takes 10 minutes or something. It was somewhat noisy there due to the trains but it's not all that expensive - like 137 euro/night in a singleroom. I dont know if that is too expensive for you - http://www.arp-hansen.dk/astoria/astoria01.html Otherwise there are always hostels.

And Kierkegaard. There's a Kierkegaard section at Copenhagen City Museum. That shouldnt be too expensive - maybe it's for free - I have absolutely no idea. Hmm..try searching the website I suggested. :-

I'm not really an expert on Cph since I'm not from there. It's a great city to visit though. I'm going there this summer! Yay!

By the way...where are you going to?? If I may ask.

Thank you Psychocandy! I'll be stopping by Copenhagen on my way to Finland for a trip. I'm very excited- I have this notion (probably from what I've read in Kierkegaard) that life in Denmark is just absolutely fabulous with coffee shops, pedestrian streets, pastries, people watching, and a fairly liberal government. I'm unsure if any of these things are true, but I'm certainly excited to find out. Thanks again for the help!

Zizkee: what is Christiana?

I'm going to reply to what Christiania is even though I am not ZikZee:

Christiana is like a city within Copenhagen where they sell lots of pot. I think it was created in the 60s or 70s by hippies who wanted to create a society of their own. There's even a street named "pusher street" - I'll let you figure out why it's called that by yourself :-

I hope you will have a good time in DK as well as in Finland :)

wow. so would that mean that pot is decriminalized in denmark? Is this place in danger of being closed down as you mentioned, Zizkee? I never knew about Christiania -- but I guess you learn something new everyday!

Thanks again for all the great info! :-

and a fairly liberal government

not any more... and the nin liberal goverment we have want to close christina... because of the pot... you should chek ouy Christiana.org

Pot and all other drugs are illegal in Denmark. It's just that in Christiania they are very fond of drugs. Personally I couldnt care less if they shut it down or not. 8-[

Actually zikzee...my dad has worked as a cop in Copenhagen and pot was not the only drug they found in Christiania......... :-k

Who cares?

The best pot is from three places.

A) Columbia

B) Amsterdam

OR

C) Jamaica

This is where most of the stuff originates from. Its pure stuff, with no crap in it.

The pot you get here in Ireland is crap!

Only recently, some good weed has been available here. First time in years...

Psychocandy... why does the police officals then state that they dont find hard drugs on pusherstreet ?

I never said hard drugs. I said other drugs than pot. Read more carefully next time, ZikZee. I really dont like how they glorify pot etc in Christiania and I can understand why they want to shut it down. It's not that big a deal.

well pot is does not do more harm to the brain than alcohol.. so its doubblemoral to have one of them legal an the other illegal

All I know is that pot stays in your system longer than alcohol. Please back your statement up, zikzee. Link to some research. Preferably non-partial.

Zikzee...if your going to defend something try do it properly man.

BTW: I wrote this even though it says guest:

"Who cares?

The best pot is from three places.

A) Columbia

B) Amsterdam

OR

C) Jamaica

This is where most of the stuff originates from. Its pure stuff, with no crap in it.

The pot you get here in Ireland is crap!

Only recently, some good weed has been available here. First time in years..."

why im just trying to inform another... if she wants to go trhue hole here life in ignorance... I wont waste my time an efford to convince her to the truth.. i gor sience to back my statements up.. she got liars stuck to you by state officals like teachers and police men

Hey 50cent: I thought that the guest was you :-

And zikzee..I have yet to read the link you provided. Will do when I have more time without being interrupted (damn hotel guests). And it's really not a sign of intelligence to resort to name-calling and insults when you can't handle a proper argument. I could also label your sources as propaganda for the legalization of drugs which would give your arguments very little credit. But I will refrain from doing so.

its a shame if they shut cristiania down. me and my friends buy weed there now and then. anyway it would be foolish to shut it down now... - why didnt they do it 20 years ago?. and if they do shut it down one day, the weed-sellers will just go somewhere else.... also cristiania is a piece of culture from the 70ties , and the politicians dont wanna shut it down cuz thats where they hung out in their youth...

Short-term effects of using marijuana include:

Sleepiness

Difficulty keeping track of time, impaired or reduced short-term memory

Reduced ability to perform tasks requiring concentration and coordination, such as driving a car

Increased heart rate

Potential cardiac dangers for those with preexisting heart disease

Bloodshot eyes

Dry mouth and throat

Decreased social inhibitions

Paranoia, hallucinations

Impaired or reduced short-term memory

Impaired or reduced comprehension

Altered motivation and cognition, making the acquisition of new information difficult

Paranoia

Psychological dependence

Impairments in learning, memory, perception, and judgment - difficulty speaking, listening effectively, thinking, retaining knowledge, problem solving, and forming concepts

Intense anxiety or panic attacks

Long-term effects of using marijuana include:

Enhanced cancer risk

Decrease in testosterone levels and lower sperm counts for men

Increase in testosterone levels for women and increased risk of infertility

Diminished or extinguished sexual pleasure

Psychological dependence requiring more of the drug to get the same effect

Where did you pull that shit from? If you really want to go there, i could get many sites contradicting you. Actually, i couldnt be arsed. sorry.

Your saying there are no side effects? Even vitamins have side effects. All drugs no matter how benificial have side effects. But theres no point in arguing with you since you've already decided you like the drug.

Daisy

Your saying there are no side effects? Even vitamins have side effects. All drugs no matter how benificial have side effects. But theres no point in arguing with you since you've already decided you like the drug.

Did i say there were no side effects? The side effects are not as bad as alcohol. Have you smoked the stuff b4? I mean your making it out to be a lethal potent addictive drug...its not.