Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Leopolda no, i am not going to flame you for what you have written, because for the most part it's true, and you are correct, i do understand why he wouldn't want to treat me again, and i was harsh in what i said, i think i just made assumptions to quicky, yes he scarred my chin, but no i don't suppose its the end of the world, and i take back the word "butchered" as it wasn't the best wording to use, and it does sound pretty horrific. The man made a lovely job of my cheeks and for that i am ever so greatfull, and i hope he knows that.

I do in a way regret how i spoke to the office staff, but i was unbeliveably upset, i acctually had a panic attack after coming off of the phone the first time, when they told me my appointment had been canceled, my mother had to come home from her work early to calm me down, as i was uncontroleable, as like i said, in my eyes my whole world had fallen apart in a matter of minutes. And the office staff just seemed so cruel towards me, and i probably shouldn't acctually have taken it so personaly, i dont know.........

I also think you are correct when you say no matter how much physical improvement i get i will proabably still be miserable, and you wouldn't believe how much that saddens me. Ever since i got this scarring i have not been the same person, i appear bitter and i must sound like a horrible, horrible person, when really i am not, i am just very sad.

MissShady,

Don't beat yourself up over the phone call. If you feel it is the right thing to do, call them up and apologize, and move on.

You are healthy, look normal, only have emotional issues but I am sure you can find lots of help to deal with that.

Best wishes,

Sword

I also think you are correct when you say no matter how much physical improvement i get i will proabably still be miserable, and you wouldn't believe how much that saddens me.  Ever since i got this scarring i have not been the same person, i appear bitter and i must sound like a horrible, horrible person, when really i am not, i am just very sad.

Missh Shady--

You most certainly do not sound like a horrible person, but rather a person in great pain. And I feel for you--very much. I've definitely been there--I'm sure many of us have--and that sort of relentless suffering can make one into a different person. I know for a fact that I've done things, said things, not said things, etc., because my *real* self was so distorted by how bad I felt about myself and how despondent I felt. Sometimes when I look back on choices I've made because of my own self-esteem issues, it just makes me sick to my stomach. I've struggled with these issues for a long time and only sought counseling for them in the past year. Nothing extreme, no medications, etc, just some objective trustworthy source to help me put things into perspective. And I can tell you it's helped a great deal. I stil worry about my skin and I still try to do what i can to fix it, but I KNOW that I've done at least as much work in my head and in my heart as on my skin. I do think that Body Dsimorphic Disorder is prevalent among scars sufferers--which doesn't make it less real at all. But, for me at least, it 's helped me to conserve and focus my energy in the most productive directions. There's great relief in putting your finger on the real issue. I made a committment to myself a year and a half ago, that I would only allow myself to work on my outside as long as I also worked on my inside. I don't mean to spout what might sound like psycho-babble mumbo jumbo--I'm actually quite a skeptic when it comes to that sort of thing.

For me, I've found that if I channel all of that swirling, seething, twisted emotion into an outrage and an indignance, not at anyone or at myself, but at this affliction I have, it mobilizes me to reclaim my life and myself (like a mother bear protecting her young) back from something that has held me hostage for far too long.

I really do wish you the best--you are so young (I think) and there is plenty of hope.

Sincerely,

Leopolda.

I know, i am only 20 and i have my whole life ahead of me, but i just can't bare a life with scarring, and i have made a promise to myself to do all that i can in my power to reduce my scarring, and until i have done absoloulty everything in my power, i won't rest, as it will be a job half done, and i will always have regrets if i just 'give up'

I'm just unsure of where to go form here on in. In my mind i was having this 2nd dermabrasion and that was it, i was going to try and live a normal life, but now it's totally screwed up, and i just feel completely broken inside, i know that sounds insane but that is how i feel. It wasn't an easy choice to decide to back for a 2nd damn it wasn't an easy choice to go for a first. But once i had made the appointment, i just felt to much more at ease (it's hard to explane) But now things have just been turned upside down, and my head is all over the place now. And i know that i am to blame, and that makes it worse.

I am a very sesitive person, and i take everything people say to me, to heart, which doesn't really help the situation. Lets just hope things look up for me soon.

I agree with Sword, don't beat yourself up over the phonecall. We all vent in different ways when we are angry and scared. I certainly think the doctor should speak to you personally regardless of whether he's reading the board or not! You seeked HIM for treatment because you had faith in HIM!

I understand why you are sad, angry, upset and dissappointed.

I looked back at your older posts and saw tht you've been planning and anticipating this dermabrasion for almost a year (?), and the fact tht you flew ALL the way from Scotland to do this; all tht planning and expenses! I think you have a very kind and understanding family to do this for you; you are lucky for tht.

I wish I could give you a hug.

Maybe I shouldn't get into this, but I was just wondering when they cancelled you, had you already given them a deposit? If so they should really refund your travel expenses sense the deposit was an agreement you would be going and now you can't get your money back from the air fare, hotels, etc. Seems pretty unprofessional. Perhaps you were really sensitive and vented on here a bit dramatic about your chin scar but I still think the staff should know to treat patients with scars sensitive and not just tell you you're cancelled we don't want to talk to you.

I actually think you should just forget another dermabrasion, I am working on accepting my scars and it does get easier when you really try and let go. In the future I may get something done, but for now I am allowing a break from actively doing anything that would be invasive. In time you may get more collagen renewal from the last dermabrasion and your chin will probably smooth out more too. I'm sure you will improve and become a stronger person from it all eusa_angel.gif

SWORD,

about the redness, have u tried eucerins redness relief line? or shiseido's whitening creams and such? they work, over time.

Diplomacy my arse! Kiki you are one to talk, you done nothing but moan about how bad a job yarborough done on your face....he knows exactly what you think of his work also, as he heard it from MANY people from this board, because he mentioned it to me when i went over for my dermabrasion, and he wasn't happy at all.

But imagine if Miss Shady hadn't called Dr Y's office I suppose she wouldn't have known that her appt. had been cancelled? It's just ethical for the staff at Dr Y's office to call her and explained to her as to why her appt was cancelled. And since Dr Y did dermabrasion for her what if I said if, something went horribly wrong for her, won't he be responsible to see her? And what about the follow ups? I always thought that if you have any kind of surgery there will always be follow up appointment becuz the doctor will want to see your result and or improvement. And usually to my knowledge there are usually at least 2 or 3 follow ups appointments like 3mths post op then 6mths post op and after that 1 yr post op. If you live far away, surgeons will usually have their patients send their pics by mail or email from time to time as they would like to see how the patients heal, percentage of patient's improvement, etc. But in miss shady's case I find that dr y and staff seem to wash their hands off the situation. Pat was either to busy wouldn't even talk to her on the phone. And miss shady is their client, she had paid so much money to get this procedure done. To scar her chin, cancelled her appointment without even telling her, refusing to talk to her directly is just plain rude and very unprofessional. And kiki, didn't u say that you got new scars from dermabrasion performed by dr Y? It means miss shady is not the only person who got scarred by dr Y. Besides I just don't think it's fair for miss shady to put so much trust on this man and spend all those money for her expenses to be treated like that. And if Dr Y thinks that she is such an unsuitable pshycologally/emotionally for this surgery, why didn't he refuse to treat her in the first place? I don't think is a good idea for Dr Y's part to book a surgery over the phone without seeing and talking with the patient in person. I bet if some other emotionally psychologically unfit/unsuitable person(s) try to have a dermabrasion with Dr Y, the phone person who books the appointments will be gladly to fit a surgery date for this emotionally unfit person as long as he/she as long as he/she is willing to pay the price and send their deposit. The fact that it's so easy to book procedures with this man, all you have to do is pick up the phone, book a date and send your deposit and you're all set for a surgery. It means to me that all he/they care about is MONEY!!!. And most surgeons usually will have you come for 1 or 2 pre surgery appointment to talk everything through before you go ahead with your actual surgery. But to my understanding, it's okay with dr Y's receptionist/nurse to just set the surgery in the same day with your consultation. over the phone without the doctor actually seeing or talking to the patients first.

Kiki, i REALLY,REALLY don't care for your opinion at all in the slightest, i won't go into why, but please don't even reply to anything i say.

Anyone else, please, feel free.