Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am now nearing 4mths post dermabrasion, and my skin area in which Dr Y scarred is looking no better what-so-ever!!! I saw my local dermatologist 4 weeks ago, and he was absoloutly appauled at the mess in which Dr Y had made of my chin.

I did have a 2nd dermabrasion booked for the 5th of December but someone on this board, has told Dr Y all about what i have said, and i must say i have not said one lie about the man, he did mark my chin, and he is incompetent, i seriously think he should retire, as he is VERY shaky, also he forgets your name when he is taking to you, which sure isn't a good sign.

So anyway, the cowards at Dr Y's office namely PAT wouldn't even tell me my appointment in which i had scheduled had been bloody cancelled, i called up to pay my deposit tonight and she lacked the guts to talk to me, she had to get someone else to tell me that they had cancelled it, and they wouldn't even tell me why, which really pissed me off, so anyway i asked to speak to pat, and the receptionist told me pat was on the phone, so i said i would call back in 25mins, which i did, and wouldn't you belive it pat was still on the phone, so i told the receptionist that i knew she was bullshitting and that pat wasn't on the phone she was just to much of a coward to talk to me, i then proceeded, to tell them to fuck off you cowardly bunch of bastards, and then said goodbye, and hung up.

It's obvious someone or perhaps a couple of people form this board have told cassandra and that Dr Yarborough what i have been saying, but like i said all i have been saying has been the truth, he did scar me, my dermatologist can vouch for me.

So anyway, all i can say is, whoever did tell them what i have been saying, i am very greatfull, as i believe everything happens for a reason, and i think perhaps yarborough would have scarred me even more had i went through with a second. So i am back to the drawing board. Woohoo! smile.gif

I am now nearing 4mths post dermabrasion, and my skin area in which Dr Y scarred is looking no better what-so-ever!!!  I saw my local dermatologist 4 weeks ago, and he was absoloutly appauled at the mess in which Dr Y had made of my chin. 

I did have a 2nd dermabrasion booked for the 5th of December but someone on this board, has told Dr Y all about what i have said, and i must say i have not said one lie about the man, he did mark my chin, and he is incompetent, i seriously think he should retire, as he is VERY shaky, also he forgets your name when he is taking to you, which sure isn't a good sign. 

So anyway, the cowards at Dr Y's office namely PAT wouldn't even tell me my appointment in which i had scheduled had been bloody cancelled, i called up to pay my deposit tonight and she lacked the guts to talk to me, she had to get someone else to tell me that they had cancelled it, and they wouldn't even tell me why, which really pissed me off, so anyway i asked to speak to pat, and the receptionist told me pat was on the phone, so i said i would call back in 25mins, which i did, and wouldn't you belive it pat was still on the phone, so i told the receptionist that i knew she was bullshitting and that pat wasn't on the phone she was just to much of a coward to talk to me, i then proceeded, to tell them to fuck off you cowardly buch of bastards, and then said goodbye, and hung up. 

It's obvious someone or perhaps a couple of people form this board have told cassandra and that Dr Yarborough what i have been saying, but like i said all i have been saying has been the truth, he did scar me, my dermatologist can vouch for me. 

So anyway, all i can say is,  whoever did tell them what i have been saying, i am very greatfull, as i believe everything happens for a reason, and i think perhaps yarborough would have scarred me even more had i went through with a second.  So i am back to the drawing board.  Woohoo! smile.gif

Are you in Scotland now?

Because I thought Dr. Y was in New Orleans.

If I was in New Orleans, I would have marched straight to his office to give the receptionist a good blasting. She needs it for coming up with such a lame over-used excuse, and if they really care so much about their patients, surely Pat would have put your name at the top of the 'next-to-call' list (mark ~ sarcasm).

EDIT: I have nothing against Dr. Y, especially since I don't even know him or who he is apart from the fact that he is in New Orleans. I just found the receptionist's actions repulsive, because I think that there is nothing professional in the way she treats patients.

And To MissShady,

Good luck with everything!

Well MissShady- I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've said on a different topic that a lot of derms/docs/surgeons don't give a shit about nothing only their bank balance, and are so unbelievably pig ignorant towards peoples feelings that it defies belief.

I'm glad you told that person to f*** off as they thoroughly deserved it. It's just unbelievable that so called professionals would treat you like that. Good on ya

I went for a consult, and the girls "do" read these boards,it came up in our conversation, so I don't necessarily think anyone from these boards told Dr. Y. But I'm sure that isn't helping your situation. Sorry.

Shade, you read my mind. Miss Shady--I too wonder why, if you're so disatisfied with your results with Dr. Y, you wanted to go back, esp. given the tremendous effort and expense with your being overseas.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Dr. Y--everyone knows what I think about the man and his results. Having said that, you have repeatedly said that he "butchered" your skin. You said that you never lied, but surely you must see how, if he read this (and I too think that the people in their office do indeed read these boards, even if Dr. Y or Cassandra do not), he would be very wary of treating you again. Not just because he would probably have been insulted, but perhaps your results and your dissatisfation with them made him think that it was too risky to treat you again.

I very much take issue with your blanket statement that he is "incompetent"--as I've said, I haven't seen your results, so I cannot speak to them (why don't you post a picture of it so that we can see what you're taking about--you may be able to get some good advice that way--for that matter, why did younever send HIM pictures). BUT, I was just treated by him at the end of June and he was just fine and, once again, I'me very happy with my results.. He sees and speaks to and hears from so many, that I'm surprised he doesn't get more names wrong. I know Kooky reported that he has forgotten his name (and I very much trust what Kooky says), but did you experience this?--I didn't remember your saying anything about this.

Finally, it's clear that you are upset about this, but I don't think your assuming that because you called twice in the same day, 20 minutes apart, and were not able to get through to Pat, that that means they were lying to you or trying to play you. Those people work their asses off in that office and are always on the phone to one or another of us frantic scar sufferers. I think your behavior on the phone with them sounds rude and uncalled for.

I do think you are right though--things happen for a reason and it seems best that you won't be going back out there, for all parties involved.

Sorry to be so blunt--don't mean to offend you, but it's what I honestly think. Good luck with your skin.

-leopolda

why do you want to go back if you had such horrible results?

There is an old saying my mother taught me when I was five years of age "actions speak louder than words" - why anyone who has had such horrible results would want to go back for further treatment astounds me.

Plus this derm who you say said was appalled by his work --- why travel half way around the world for treatment when you have such an expert there. He is obviously such an expert in the field of dermabrasion that I suggest you get further treatment with him and I am sure he can show you the work of an expert

In my personal experience I won't hear a bad word said about Doctor Y. He is one of the nicest, kindest people I have ever meet in my life and is an extremely talented man in what he has achieved in his life. Also the other members of his Staff Pat & Cassandra are wonderful people. I feel very blessed for having met them all.

My only advice to anyone who is considering this procedure from other peoples posts is to carefully read the back-log of posts made by people and their claim of results and judge according to how you feel you relate to that person.

Everyone keeps askin me that question "why go back if he made such a mess the first time" i think the only answer i have to thaat is that i am unbelivably desperate, however he did make a great job of my cheeks, and i have always said that, it was just my chin that he scarred, and to me it looks bloody awfull but to my family my chin doesn't even look that bad at all.

And also i know that pat wasn't on the telephone because i told the secretary that i didnt belive she could be on the phone for 25-30mins, the secretary then went silent for about 30secs, then said, pat just doesn't want to talk to you. Which i though was absoloutly terrible, up until that point i couldn't have been more polite, i know i maybe was harsh to the secretary when i swore at her, but you have to remeber i was in a bloody state, in my eyes my word had just falled apart, this second dermabrasion was the only thing keeping me going. And now it is complelety shattered, and i am totally gutted, as i do think he could have made a great job on my cheeks, to the extent that i could start leaving the house again, and get a life.

But it would seem that it just wasn't meant to be. cry.gif

Yes narcissus, i can't quite believe that he would just dismiss a patient all because of a forum, its unreal, it just goes to show that Dr Y is truely in the job for the money and nothing else, and the staff are extremely unprofessional, I just don't understand why Dr Y didn't just call me and and let me tell him my side of it. It's pathetic, my family and friends are completely gobsmacked, last night i was completeley beside myself, i just couldn't stop crying, but today i am more angry than anything, at the way in which i was treated.

If i stayed in New Orleans i would have marched staright up to their office and told them exactly what i thought of them. I wouldn't treat a dog the way they treated me.

And if Dr Y is the best at dermabrasion like people say he is, i wouldn't like to see the worst, thats for sure.

And too top it all off, i have already booked my hotel and flights, and i wont be getting my money back as i booked them online through travelogy.com and they do not do refunds, i know its 'only money' but this hurts because me and my family do not have much money and my mum took out a loan to pay for the flight and hotel, and she is working her ass of to re-pay the loan, and now we have nothing to show for it. I just feel so bad.

Miss Shady,

I pm'd you about another doctor in New Orleans who was trained under Dr. Yarborough for dermabrasion if you still want to travel here. I am from the area and have seen her for a consult once. Since I am pregnant now I'm not having anything done. I also have a personal story about Dr. Y I'd rather just tell you in a pm.

The derm's name is Dr. Mary Lupo, this is her website: http://www.drmarylupo.com/

She was trained under Dr. Y and is in the new orleans area. You can google her and there is a lot of info on her. I haven't had dermabrasion done by her but maybe you could call the office and get numbers of people who have. I'm sure she'd be cheaper too.

There is no way i would telephone this man, i am disgusted with him, and i wouldn't go back to him for a dermabrasion in a month of sundays, even if i was getting it for free, and its not because i think that he is unprofessional, it is merely to do with pride,dignity and self respect. No one treats me like that! No one should treat anyone like that, especially a so called professional. It wouln't have been so bad if Dr Y had, had the balls to call me up himslef and let me know what was happening and that i was no longer welcome and that my appointment had been cancelled, but he couldn't even do that.

The only person i do respect is Cassandra, i don't have a bad word to say about the lady, she was very sweet and seemed excellent at her job. Up until yesterday i didn't have a bad word to say about Dr Y, i thought he was a genuinly nice person............that's what thought did.

Dear Miss Shady,

Have you ever heard of something called Diplomacy? You might fare better if you apply some in this situation. I'm not saying this to ruffle your feathers. Rather, as a piece of advice, if paid heed, might help you through this ordeal.

In one breath you state that "he is incompetent, i seriously think he should retire, as he is VERY shaky, also he forgets your name when he is taking to you, which sure isn't a good sign." Yet in another you say, "he did make a great job of my cheeks." Inconsistent statements such as these do not lend itself to the stability of your perspective.

* For the record, Dr.Y has never failed to remember my name. Nor, in my opinion, is he "shaky."

As I'm sure you realize, hopefully, each patient responds differently to dermabrasion. You were made aware of this long before you underwent the procedure. Various grades of improvement are not limited to dermabrasion either...any invasive treatment and/or surgery carries its own set of risks.

How does it serve you to use bad language or a harsh attitude toward Dr. Yarborough's office staff? It may help you to momentarily blow off some steam, but in the long run, how does such behavior improve your situation? Answer? It does not. Keep your wits about you, stay calm, apply patience, and be generous. If you do so consistently, you are more apt to receive the same in return. Unfortunately, it may be that you've burned a bridge to a physician who was willing to either provide subsequent treatment and/or point you in the direction of someone in your locale to help you. If I were you, I would consider apologizing to whomever you've offended.

I think there are 2 sides to every "story," and I doubt very seriously if your appointment would have been canceled without some indication on your end that such was your wish or intent. Of course, I realize that this post will, most likely, be met without diplomacy. However, I feel that you needed to hear this from someone. eusa_angel.gif

Kiki

**edited by mod**

Kiki you are one to talk, you done nothing but moan about how bad a job yarborough done on your face, so do not try and tell me right from wrong!!! I treat people as i like to be treated, **edited by mod** fair is fair, thats the way we do thing in Britain, but it would appear you do things differently in America.

I have heard a few bad story's about the mans work, and yes you are included in this, and he knows exactly what you think of his work also., as he heard it from MANY people from this board, because he mentioned it to me when i went over for my dermabrasion, and he wasn't happy at all. He obviously cannot take critisism.

This is a forum where EVERYONE should be able to say what they think about a doctors work, whether is be good or bad, in no way was i trying to influence peoples judgements when i said that he scarred my chin, hell i was going back for a second so he cant be that bloody bad. I know he is good at his job, i am not denying that, although i do thing that perhaps he would have been better say 10-20 years ago, when he was younger, it makes sence.

And also just to make myslef clear, no he never got my name mixed up when talking to me, or forgot my name etc, i was merely stating that he has done to someone else in the past.

Damn, i cant believe people are giving me grief over this, you are insane to side with them, how dare so called professionals treat ANYONE like this!!!! HOW BLOODY DARE THEY!!!! How could anyone be diplomatic to people like that, when they treat you like they do.

*EDITED QUOTE*

I think people tend to praise their doctors when they do what they are supposed to do and they do it right. My mother is a surgeon and her patients love her and praise her like she is some sort of demi-god, they are always giving her presents and inviting her to their homes and things like that. But she treats cancer and saves some lives.. You all should be more critical of plastic surgeons. They and their staff earn tens of thousands of dollars by doing things that are not that complex (dermabrasion is not brain surgery).

By the way, from what i read in this thread, this doctor and his staff seem totally unproffesional to me.

MissShady,

I would trade my post-dermabrasion redness for your new chin scar at anytime. This whole scar correction thing has royally screwed up my life and my family's. Some of us are meant to have scars, we could have lived with them and not risked making things worse.

At least you look normal to people. I know its hard, but try to be happy and move on with your life without spending anymore money in procedures and surgeries.

Sword

Sword, your redness will go eventually, imight take quite some time, but your face wont always be red, my face is still red/ruddy from where i had bad acne which was 2 years ago, i dont have redness left from the dermabrasion and i thank my lucky stars for that.

The scar on my chin doesn't bother me to much, although obviously i would rather it wasn't there, but it is and i'll just have to deal with that.

I am contemplating having another dermabrasion, but there is something in the back of my head telling me not to, as is my family, they think i'm mad for having another one, as they dont even think my scarring is that bad, but i just want improvement, and after having a dermabrasion and seeing the improvement in the scarring on my cheeks, it just makes me want to keep going. But maybe i should just quit while i'm ahead, as i may end up with more scarring if i have a second derm. So perhaps Dr Yarborough refusing to give me a 2nd is a blessing is disguise.

Thanks MissShady. I hope my redness will go away sooner than later, although then I shall have drastically whiter skin on my face than on my neck.

You are doing the right thing trusting your instinct to not have another dermabrasion or invasive treatment. My scars are visibly smoothened (but at what terrible cost!!!), but probrably only I would know, and not other people. In fact, by talking to people, most did not notice anything wrong with my face before the derma. It was mostly in my head. Most are shocked about what I went through to correct what seems to be a non existing problem to them.

I see a few people who has much more severe scarring at work, who are not a bit bothered by it at all. They are liked and recognized for who they are, not for the smoothness of their skin. And really, they don't stand out when situated in a crowd of people. I wish I was content like them and not had the dermabrasion, but now only time can tell if I'll ever look relatively normal again.

Take care,

Sword

Miss Shady--

Frankly, if I were Dr. Y, I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole and I think he did you both (him and you) a favor by refusing to treat you again (as you also suspect). You are clearly a liability and do not seem to be in a position to undergo such dramatic treatment--which, honestly, it sounds like you don't even need.

The only thing I have ever questioned (in my head) about Dr. Y's methods, is that he will treat just about anyone--even if he doesn't consider someone's scarring to be severe, he understands that such a judgment call is subjective and that he will try his best to help the person. Other docs routinely turn patients away either because they think that the physical situation doesn't warrant treatment or because they judge the patient not to be suitable for other reasons, generally emotional/psychological. In all honesty, I suspected--before you even went out to New Orleans--that you might end up unhappy, and not because of anything to do with your actual results, but more to do with your attitude--you seemed to believe that you were doomed before you even stepped on the plane. Unfortunately, with people flying in from all over the world, it is hard to screen people adequately over the phone and so I think he might take on patients that, had he the luxury of time and proximity, he may otherwise turn down (just a guess). Now that he's seen you, seen your skin, treated you, and observed how you responsed (physically and psychologically), he's probably determined that you are an unsuitable candidate for dermabrasion and he's probably right.

You are right--there are others on this board who have not been as pleased with their results as I have and they have come back here to share those feelings--this is the appropriate place for that. HOWEVER, none of them has exhibited such childish, unrestrained, vulgar, and frankly foolish judgment in the way they went about voicing these concerns. Yes, Kiki wasn't entirely pleased with her results, but she articulated them in a grown-up fashion, and has now found a way to work with Dr. Y.--and seems to be pleased with the progress she is making. I'm sure that your appalling behaviour on the phone simply confirms their decision not to treat you again and it also makes clear to me why no one in that office would have wanted to speak to you in the first place.

Why in the world would someone treat you again after you have plastered all over a widely-read internet site that he has "butchered" you and that he is "incompetent." Then, you go on to say that your cheeks look good and that your family doesn't even think your chin looks bad. And you wonder why he refuses to treat you again? Unbelievable. You strike me as very dramatic, given to overstatement and hyperbole, inconsistent in your reports, and frankly intent on being miserable--no amount of physical improvement is going to change that. My advice to you would be to refocus your attention away from your skin (as you yourself said "quit while you are ahead") and examine what it really is that makes you so unhappy and try to work on that (I speak from experience here)

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this message. And while I sound like I'm just annoyed and pissy about the way you handled this situation (which is also true), I also really hope for you that you can make your peace with your results, do some (more-productive) soul and mind searching, and find a way to heal yourself (and I don't just mean your facial scars). Anyone who has physical scars that bother them also contends with emotional scarring as well and I have found that addressing those is the more formidable challenge.

--leopolda