Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plateaukid

CoolGlide Laser?

Has anyone tried the CoolGlide Laser? I am probably going to go with this one, since the derm told me the other one they got is the CoolTouch. He said that the CoolGlide Laser allows them more control over the procedure than previous non-ablative lasers. I haven't been able to find any real pics online from individuals who had CoolGlide done and was hoping someone could share their experience.

hey dude

i just got the coolglide xeo laser on May 20th.... i think it's mostly for redness, although it might help some for scars. so far i have seen a reduction in redness, so I'm happy, cause that's primarily what I wanted it for.

In terms of scar raising (i have a couple of indented boxcars), my dermatologist used this laser called Photo Juvena. I have seen a lot of improvement with it, so I'm pretty happy. It's a non-ablative laser that functions just like the Smoothbeam (i think)

Chitown:

How long was your face red after you had the CoolGlide laser done? The derm said it is at most one or two hours, then you can basically go back and do whatever you want. He also said that I would probably need to have it done 4 to 6 times. Is that how many times you plan to have it done? I'm thinking of complementing the CoolGlide laser with Artecoll once I'm done. Hopefully I can get even better results than just having CoolGlide done.

yeah, my face was a little red for like an hour, wasn't too bad. It un-reddened on my drive back to my house.

i'm not sure if i am going to get more treatments. the laser took care of some rosacea like symptons i was developing and zapped a lot of my red spots out. it all depends on what my dermatologist says the next time i see him.