Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thomas69

Have you changed your image/style because of acne?

I dont try to dress up neither. I dont want to draw attention to myself. At first, I would try to dress nice and put on make-up but then I would feel shitty anyway bc of my skin so why bother? sucky feeling!

Guest Craigems

Bold means.... ahhh game... Means your really have alot of courage to do something like that dispite the facts.

Bald means shaved head smile.gif

man

lol

i think i've done the same THING

TRY TO BE SO CLEAN

BUT THEN BAM YOUR FACE IS LIKE

>.<

lol

hilarious

wear mah hurr in my face >.< just to hide it

doesn't do it very well cuz am covered <3

i haven't changed anything about me because of my acne, fashion wise or my image. i've stayed the same that way.

I have had acne for, like, forever - since I was 11 or so (I am 20 now). I cannot really remember what it was like to be clear. cry.gif

So I have acne, tiny eyes, huge nose and overall not too pretty features. I have felt bad about my appearance for a large portion of my life, including all high school. At that time I didn't really care about what I was wearing - I was too self-conscious to try to impress anyone.

When I graduated and went to college I decided to make some changes however. I worked hard to change my (self-)image, becoming a glamour queen and a style guru, and I have become a lot more self-confident about my appearance. Now I hardly ever go out without impeccable clothing, hair and make-up - and I really feel pretty. I get a lot of compliments, and recently one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen told me that in her opinion I am absolutely perfect in every way - beautiful, stylish, intelligent, interesting and kind - and it's a shame that I am not a man and she cannot marry me. (Boy, was I flattered!)

So, what I want to say is that you are exactly as good-looking as you think you are! You just need to believe in yourself.

Love and strength, guys!

now that i have acne i dont like to dress up anymore i feel like why dress up nice when my face is a hot mess and i also feel like i dont want to draw any attention on me at all eusa_boohoo.gif

i try not to wear anything. i find it distracts people's attention away from my face. try it! it works wonders like Dan's regimen! (disclaimer: i have tried BP at one point and it burned my face all the time. my respect to Dan, but it don't work for everyone).

I TOTALLY agrre with your post! Everytime I go out I tend to dress nicer and spend more time on my hair etc., etc., ever since i started to develop acne. i think it is a subconcious way to compensate having acne by dressing/making ourselves look better than we usually would. thats not to say that everyone who has acne has to look good-or that people who are clear don't look good-but all my friends have no zits and i haven't seen them spend 5 minutes in front of a mirror, so i guess it just depends....we can't control our acne, so we do something about what we CAN control. it makes enough sense.

I basically try to be as neat and put together as possible. Always have my hair styled in a cute fashion and have my eyebrows and makeup in check. And, speaking of makeup, I only wear the bare minimum to look decent because I think wearing too much makeup, ESPECIALLY coupled w/a breakout, looks very grungy and disgusting.

As far as clothing goes, I just try to be very stylish and not sloppy. I also work out a lot so my figure is very much in shape and I feel it gets most of the attention, anyway.