Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

a couple hours after i wash my face my face gets real oily. well it isnt too bad. only place tha gets EXTREMELY oily is my nose. ive tried mositurizing, using cetaphil wit spf15 but it doesnt help at all. my nose still gets real oily. what can i do to help with this? thanks

I had the same problem, my nose would go shiney within around 30 minutes of washing my face.

The best thing I found was the isotrex (retin-a) gel I got on prescription. It was supposed to help with my acne, 9 months on and it still hasn't. But it did help a lot with the oilyness.

Other than that I use neutrogena clear pore face wash (UK) / acne wash (US) with is 2% salicyclic acid, and drying. Also the consealer, pressed powder and foundation of neutrogena skin clearing make up, it all has salicylic acid in, and although its drying when you first put it on (if you have dry skin it can look terrible, so make sure you do 'taping' or some other method to remove dry skin). It keeps oilyness at bay for a while.

The moisturizer I use is 'Fade Out' (has sunscreen too) is available over the counter in UK and from various places in US. It's used to fade freckles / sun spots over time, but I find it's the only moisturizer I have used that doesn't make my skin oily.

oil blotters. Clean & clear has some. Just be careful, don't over process your nose to spite your face.

I have 'extremely' oily skin, almost to the point that it can look greasy at times. I have suffered with it for several years now, and more or less, it is all a result of genetics. I have tried every product under the sun, OTC and prescription. Nothing works. I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to control my T-zone. Some products will help to subside the oil for a short while, but for the most part, an hour to two hours later, I will be fighting the oil again. I can be frustrating. Wearing make-up can be a lost cause. It usually slides off thirty-minutes after I put it on.

I have been told to simply drank a lot of water, take daily vitamins, and try to balance my diet as much as possible. Most of the time, it is all a matter of personal hormonal balances.

There is one product on the market, which I have hear a variety of testimonies on. It has been developed in Australia, but through shipment, can be sent to anywhere in the world. It is called 'Ketsugo'. The main ingredient is 'isolutrol', which is nothing more than wel...shark bile. :-

It is relatively inexpensive, though, ranging in price from 8.00-11.00 (plus shipping and handling). I've been debating on purchasing the product. If anyone else here has used it, or know someone who has, I would love to hear some input on it.

im on like day 10 of ketsugo but no difference is to be expected yet. oily skin is fucking nasty. my complexion ends up look all dark and nasty

My skin is getting really oily recently at work. I sit in my chair all day infront of my computer and my skin gets worst and worst as the day progesses until my face is all shiny and mosist at the end of the day which is causing more acne.

Just spent £40 on acne products in 2 days Im getting really obsessive with it now i just want to be clear so I can get on with my life and start dating some sexy girls.

There a couple of things that i suggest for people with an oily face. I'm sure for each person they will work differently but it's worth a try if your tired of a "greasy oily face". I have used "Ultra Clearasil-extra strength" which i have notice that if i use it in the morning, after moisturizing and before concealor or foundation that i will not get an oily face. If i do it's so minimal that i can just grab a tissue and just lightly pat it around my face. It will not make your make-up rub off, as long as you just pat it down, do not rub the oil off your face.

I've tried using oil blotting paper, but there just isn't enough paper to take the oil away. I notice that it only works for 30 minutes and i'm back oily again. The cheapest is just using tissue paper.

Also, what can be a cause of really oily skin is washing your face with a wash that might be too harsh for your skin. And by taking away too much oil on your face, your face needs to replenish that oil and it will get even more oily. So use a gentle cleanser and diffinetly moisturize after washing. This will balance the oil production on your face. You can also use face powder to absorb oil that may come out during the day. Applying it atleast 10 minutes after moisturizing in the morning.

i too have struggled with oil, even now after the majority of my acne is gone! but yuk i still had shine--until i got this stuff called peter thomas roth antishine-- this stuff is GREAT--i got it from sephora, but its kind of expensive, like $35 for a little bottle, but a little goes a long way. now if i put this stuff on i dont get oily ALL DAY, i can put on a little makeup in the morning and be good to go all day, even GO OUT AT NIGHT and not fix my makeup. on the bottle it even says "suitable for a man's oily face and scalp" and god damn this stuff works--lol sorry i cant stop raving!! this stuff for me just has been so great--apparently its one of sephoras top sellers.

i have the same problem... i now put aloe vera 15 minutes after BP......this is my regiment....

mourning:

Wash face with pHisoderm Facial Cleanser

Splash Face with water..then cold water..pat dry

Wait 15 minutes

apply BP 2.5%

10 minutes later apply Aloe Vera(100%)

Mid Afternoon before going out again...splash face with water

pat dry

Whipe Face with Clindymacin Pledgetes(perscription took a while to work but really reduces redness)

Go out and have fun.

Night:

Wash face with facial cleanser

Splash warm water..then cold with faucet.

Pat dry.

Wait 15 minutes Apply Differin(retin a, azelex, BP,trazorac may be better for you...you opinion)......

MY face has really gotten alot better mixing Dans Regiment with some perscription drugs.

From what I hear taking a lot of Vitamin B5 will clear up the oilyness in a couple days.

it definately helps

i also have very oily skin, i believe the vitamns i take and my wash routine have helped significantly although i do take alot of vitanim A which you have to be very careful because it can be toxic in high doses

morning and night Vit A,B6,C,Zinc, Echinachea,Coral Calcium

if someones got a oily nose why don't they just wipe the oilyness with a tissue paper. thats what i do even though it does come back after a while again just get a tissue again and wipe it off. doesnt really waste a lot of time does it. simple :D/