Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So let's think of every natural way to help acne

Easy

exercise

adequate sleep (10 - 6/7)

30 minutes sunlight per day during non peak hours

Healthy diet which may stop the intake of milk/dairy products and junk food and greasy/oily foods(sometimes wheat but often depends on own allergies/health)

Larger variety of colour of fruits and vegetables

(A diet like this should result in higher fibre)

At least 2 litres of water per day (more if poss)

reduce stress. this can be done through listening to music, meditation, exercise even walking.

To relieve stress try deep breathing for a half hour per day. A count of 4 on inhale, hold for 7 count exhale for an 8 count. YOu will be surprised how realxed you will feel.

exfoliate everyday so your pores dont clog (st ives apricot scrub is excellent for this but if wanting to take a more natural route try baking soda)

Moderate

Sulfur foods (onions and garlic- most often taken internally but garlic can be used topically if you so desire: see dhousten post)

Alternative to sulfur foods - mediterranean oregano oil (unknown on where to find)

Colon cleansing/Liver flushes

If needed increase fibrous foods

Replace unnatural body care sources with natural ones (producst for hair, body, face, teeth)

Difficult that are not necessarily natural but not severly harmful like some topicals

B5 has high reviews

Supplementation of vitamin a and e

cleanse your blood and liver with things like milk thistle, nettle, dandelion root etc. from tea, or supplements.

Links

Thoney's link: http://www.happycow.net/health-counselor1.html

What else helps alleviate acne then?

If we can come up with a real decent list seperated into easy (anyone can do with any amount of money) and difficult (may require money and searching for best products or including things people wouldn't have before) people could then use these lists to work out for themselves if acne is an internal problem for them.

For example, I believe everyone should do the easy list for any illness or prevention of illness but if there is no improvement in acne then maybe they should venture into the difficult list. If still there is no improvement after all that then I would be happy enough for them to say there is no connection between health and acne.

Give me some more to add to the list (giving it an easy or difficult rating) so we can make a conclusive holistic approach with nothing left out.

Please give me some more holistic/diet approaches!!!

Just some suggestions:

Eating more fiber to encourage bowel movements, avoiding greasy/oily foods, eating more colorful fruits and vegetables, drinking a lot of water, and cutting out dairy.

What exactly do you mean by natural?

B5 definitely reduces oil and therethrough acne in many individuals, but 1000 times the recommended daily does is very unnatural.

your EASY category seems very natural to me, while some entries in the DIFFICULT category seem a little questionable.

Guest delta force operators

u got a alot of research to do

never overdose on a supplement

read up on diet post

i think a acne diet will help you

dont falll for the supplement bushit it dont work without the proper diet

ok good point on B5 and supplementation Jake and delta force. I figured that it is a more holistic approach as I'd prefer to do that than bombard my face with stuff that is basically killing my skin.

I realise diet is important before you think supplementation and B5 but like I said, people shouldn't be doing difficult before you are doing all easy.

However I do think supplementation and B5 is a good option so perhaps it needs it's own section.

Perhaps I could edit my post and have easy, difficult and cautionary but worth a try before you start fucking up your face with every over the counter thing out there.

Or should I get rid of those altogether?

I'm starting to believe there is a correlation with milk and my acne. This saddens me very much, as I love my lucky charms and trix. cry.gif

I heard about this one after my cystic acne was gone. (now lots of scars)

Garlic is one of the strongest atibiotics going. Chop up a bunch of garlic and place it on a gauze bandage. place on face overnight to see if it reduces infection and inflamation.

Having said this if you have cystic acne, see a dermatologist right away. DOn't be afraid to get a second opinion if you're gut tells you you aren't happy with your doc

So let's think of every natural way to help acne

Easy

exercise

adequate sleep (10 - 6/7)

30 minutes sunlight per day during non peak hours

Healthy diet which may stop the intake of milk/dairy products and junk food and greasy/oily foods(sometimes wheat but often depends on own allergies/health)

Larger variety of colour of fruits and vegetables

(A diet like this should result in higher fibre)

At least 2 litres of water per day (more if poss)

Difficult

B5 has high reviews

Supplementation of vitamin a and e

Sulfur foods (onions and garlic)

Colon cleansing/Liver flushes

If needed increase fibrous foods

What else helps alleviate acne then?

If we can come up with a real decent list seperated into easy (anyone can do with any amount of money) and difficult (may require money and searching for best products or including things people wouldn't have before) people could then use these lists to work out for themselves if acne is an internal problem for them.

For example, I believe everyone should do the easy list for any illness or prevention of illness but if there is no improvement in acne then maybe they should venture into the difficult list. If still there is no improvement after all that then I would be happy enough for them to say there is no connection between health and acne.

Give me some more to add to the list (giving it an easy or difficult rating) so we can make a conclusive holistic approach with nothing left out.

Please give me some more holistic/diet approaches!!!

Mediterranean oregano oil is much better for acne and bacteria killing than garlic; you don't sweat it out of your pores and stink either. biggrin.gifdoubt.gifeusa_shifty.gif

Mediterranean oregano oil is much better for acne and bacteria killing than garlic; you don't sweat it out of your pores and stink either. biggrin.gif  doubt.gif  eusa_shifty.gif

Colon cleansing is a must, particularly if you want to do liverflushes.

i dont know if dieting has any effect on acnee, but eating bananas seems to be healthy thing to do (for the bowels and acne?)

I'm starting to believe there is a correlation with milk and my acne. This saddens me very much, as I love my lucky charms and trix.  cry.gif

Well there are alternatives that may be slightly different.

Soy milk or this organic rice drink, Rice Dream - but it does sound kinda weird with cereals, eh? eusa_eh.gif

I'm starting to believe there is a correlation with milk and my acne. This saddens me very much, as I love my lucky charms and trix.  cry.gif

Well there are alternatives that may be slightly different.

Soy milk or this organic rice drink, Rice Dream - but it does sound kinda weird with cereals, eh? eusa_eh.gif

Guest Nblx

Don't forget to replace chemical hair/body/dental care products with naturals.

Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Baking Soda...etc are very effective and health enhancing.

~reduce stress. this can be done through listening to music, meditation, exercise even walking.

~exfoliate everyday so your pores dont clog. st ives apricot scrub is excellent for this.

~cleanse your blood and liver with things like milk thistle, nettle, dandelion root etc. from tea, or supplements.

here are some diet recommendations biggrin.gif natural allllll the way....

http://www.happycow.net/health-counselor1.html

To relieve stress try deep breathing for a half hour per day. A count of 4 on inhale, hold for 7 count exhale for an 8 count. YOu will be surprised how realxed you will feel.

ALso if you are in a strssfull situation during the day. repeat this breathing to calm your self down.

Stress can make mild acne turn into a bad case.

~reduce stress. this can be done through listening to music, meditation, exercise even walking.

~exfoliate everyday so your pores dont clog. st ives apricot scrub is excellent for this.

~cleanse your blood and liver with things like milk thistle, nettle, dandelion root etc. from tea, or supplements.

here are some diet recommendations  biggrin.gif natural allllll the way....

http://www.happycow.net/health-counselor1.html

Natural, homemade masks and treatments? Like putting baking soda, aspirin, lemon, honey, avocado, egg white/yolks, or other fruits and stuff on your face...

Eat antioxidants and apply them directly to your skin. Aging and cellular damage is a result of oxidative damage to cells. We have to have oxygen, but sadly when our cells burn that oxygen the by product is free radicals that break down cells if there is too much of it.

Antioxidants fight off free radicals and help the body live longer. In labratory tests fruit flies fed twice an antioxidant rich diet lived twice as long as fruit flies that eat what is in their environment.

Antioxidant rich diets have also shown to reduce the pain of artiritis. Many people who eat antioxidant rich foods report a clearer complexion.

Antioxidants also help reduce inflammation and help the skin slough off dead skin cells so the pores don't get clogged.

Some antioxidants that are very beneficial to apply to the skin:

Green tea extract

circumin

grapeseed extract

vitamin E

Some antioxidant to eat in your diet:

broccoli (sprouts have more antixidants)

red wine

tomatoes

green tea

Vitamins

and lots more, do your research and you'll find many foods that have high levels of antioxidants.