Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uncle buck

My regimen so far!

I started following the regimen two days ago, and my face is... well different. After the first few hours of starting i noticed it was already clearing up! But then the next morning i noticed it was back to normal, acne everywhere. Now it seems the same too. But its only been two days, ill keep you guys updated. Im really hoping this works fast because there is a girl that i wanna ask out and after next month i'll never see her again, so im aiming to get cleared up in a month. Im not moisturising at night by the way. Sorry i dont have pictures, i dont have a camera or scanner or anything. Im 16 years old too.

careful...if u dont moisterize, ull prolly wake up with new lines/wrinkles from the BP overdrying your skin especially under the eyes.

~Trin

Day 3

My face looks and feels horrible, i feel burning and my skin is flaking and more than 10 pimples have recently risen up out of nowhere. I think im using way too much BP, ill have to use less. I also plan to moisturise at night now, thanks TriN.

EDIT: Oh yeah, i forgot to mention something, today when i was just looking in the mirror one of my pimples just popped by itself! WTF? How did that happen? It was a pretty big one but still, i didnt want it to pop. Now thats one more scar permanently on my face -____-

And also, im using Clean & Clear moisturiser, does that make a difference?

Acne sucks! :-

Day 4

Nothing much has changed except my skin is flaking off and it hurts when i open my mouth to talk or eat food. Im going to skip a day today, because i think it would do more harm than good if i apply BP right now. I hate my life.

Yo Buck, I started the regimen about 3 days ago but my results were different. Have you ever been on bp before? When you first start out it burns, itches, and you turn bright red. Being in the sun for more than 5 minutes seems to hurt as well. You need to start out with only a little and if your face feels dry or flaky use the moisturizing lotion. It really helps. Also, don't skip treatments, they only hurt you more. I've been on enough creams and pills to tell you that. Even if it hurts and looks like it's getting worse, keep on treating it. Stick in their man, you aren't the only one with problems.

Hey thanks man. My face didnt go red at all but its flaking around my chin area, the mousturiser helps though. No, ive never been on BP before, this is my first time, i shouldnt have skipped a day now that i think about it. Oh well, i wont skip a day again. Day 5, it hasnt really cleared up yet, but im feeling positive that it will work. I also quit junk food a few days ago, so hopefully that helps somehow. My acne is quite severe, so i dont think i'll be able to get fully cleared up in a month unfortunately. Oh well, ill see how things go, its still too early to tell i suppose. Hows your face going along?

Hey Uncle Buck,

You sound committed, which is good. A couple of comments:

1. Take a minute to check your moisturizer and make sure it contains no oil and no acne fighting ingredients, particularly salicylic acid or glycolic acid. If it does, stop using it right away, and switch to one of the recommended moisturizers.

2. You started too quickly, something that most people seem to do. It's hard not to. However, when you start quickly, the severe redness/dryness is likely to happen. You're right to lay off or cut down. You need to let your skin slowly become accustomed to bp. Only after several weeks should you be at the full dosage.

Give it 1-2 full months, preferably 2 since you say you are on the more severe side, and in that time do not add in or take away any variables. Keep to the regimen precisely. And keep posting here. I'll be reading.

-Dan

Wow, my moisturiser does contain glycotic acid. I guess i'll have to change then. Currently im using Clearasil Complete Oil Free Moisturising Lotion, but it contains glycotic acid, so i'll have to change. Whats the significance of that by the way?

Anyway, no real changes yet, but its still early days, im hoping, hoping, HOPING that i will see some changes over the next 1 or 2 months. Thanks Dan for everything, if this regimen works im gonna explode with joy! Anyway, its time for my nightly regimen fix (7pm), be back tomorow.

Oh Yeah! I almost forgot to mention, im about to start taking Vitamins as well. Will that have any effect on the regimen?

Nothing much has changed, i still have heaps of acne, just posting to say that. My next post will be when something significant happens. But so far i havent noticed any changes :)

Glycolic acid is alpha hydroxy acid, and has no place in the beginning of the regimen. It will over-irriate and probably sting you when you apply it. Wait for several weeks before adding in alpha hydroxy.

Just so we know everything is going right, tell us presicely, step by step, what you do morning and evening, and with what products. Leave nothing out.

-Dan

:) Wow! My face is improving! I havent gotten one new pimple in the last day, girls are noticing me :D and when i look in the mirror from a distance i cant see a single pimple or red spot on my face! Wohoo!

Anyway, every morning at about 7am or 8am, i have a shower. I lightly splash water on my skin and use the purpose bar. I get out of the shower, pat my face dry and 15 minutes later i apply the BP. The BP doesnt irritate my face any more so i use lots. About 10 minutes after i apply the BP, i gently apply the moisturiser.

At night time i do the same, except sometimes i dont moisturise at night, and instead of washing my face in the shower i use cold water from the tap. But besides that its the same as in the morning.

Products

- Benzac 2.5% (i live in australia, we dont have neutrogena on the spot)

- Neutrogena all purpose cleansing bar

- Clearasil moisturiser (dont have the bottle here to look at so i cant remember exactly what its called)

Im pretty happy with the Regimen so far :lol:

Well my face is worse again. ](*,)

I have a few big pimples that i think need to be popped, but im not sure if i should pop them or not. If i dont touch them, will they go away? Also, ive noticed that the BP makes scars take longer to heal. Anyway, im still positive that this will work. IT WILL WORK! :D / forced smile.

*goes back to staring at his ugly face in the mirror*

Hi uncle buck,

Just wanted to drop you a word of encouragement - the regimen doesn't work for everyone in the first two weeks, so hold on! I had the same experience & almost gave up, but now after 3.5 months my face is looking good finally! (I made a few little changes, but you should wait a while before you start modifying - otherwise your poor face won't be able to cope). Just stick with it and *VERY IMPORTANT* use lots of BP - how much are you using? And for how much of your face?

Regarding the big whiteheads, I'm not sure if Dan will agree with me here, but I usually squeeze them. This is how I do it: after I've washed my face, and I have clean hands, I squeeze it very gently using a tissue so my fingers don't touch my face. Sometimes I'll use a sterilised needle to open it so the white stuff can come out. Then I disinfect it & if I'm at home I put one of those little square bandaids over it so it heals faster & I can't touch it. It should go away pretty quickly. If it doesn't want to be squeezed, leave it alone, or it can get pretty nasty.

So there you have it. Give it another few weeks & keep us updated on how it's going.

Hang in there & good luck!

Vanessa

P.S. Where in Australia are you?

Thanks vanessa, im using LOTS of BP, all over my face, even my neck, so thats not a problem. Wow, your face cleared up, thats great! 3.5 months is alright, ill be happy with that, its better than never. Ill keep going on with the regimen, see what happens. When did you first start noticing results?

I live in Sydney by the way.

Hi uncle buck,

My, you're up quite late/early!

I started noticing results from the regimen pretty quickly (i.e. a couple of weeks) but the problem I had was that they were pretty variable - I would still get quite bad breakouts about twice a month, dependent basically on my menstrual cycle - I assume that as you're uncle buck and not aunt buck, that won't be the case for you :D.

I also altered my diet (if you do a search around here, there's a lot of info on this - I basically reduced the amount of carbohydrates I eat). You could try this - I'm not really sure how much of an effect that had, since I'm too scared to eat a whole lot of cake/cookies/bread and see what happens! I think that diet and topical have both helped me though. My skin isn't perfect yet - still a little breakout every now and then, plus I have red marks left over as well. But definitely much improved. I did almost give up after around two months when I broke out pretty bad, but I'm glad I carried on. The thing I notice most is that when I do get a zit it goes away much more quickly than before.

Anyway, good luck, and don't give up. If you want inspiration, go look at Abby's log (strictly Dan's regimen). She's an inspiration to us all!

And you live in Sydney eh? My husband & I are hoping to move there next year (tentative plans). I guess you guys have the best weather in the world!

Well my face is still looking worse and i have a major problem. I ran out of BP! I cant get to the store and buy some more until Wednesday, what should i do?!

Hmmm, nothing has happened, my skin still looks f*cking terrible, this has been a waste of time and money. I think i might just stop the regimen, it seems to be doing more harm than good.

](*,)

Ok so like, i'm going to start again tonight, since doing nothing isn't helping, i've decided to do something again! And now i have enough money to buy all the BP and moisturiser i need.

Here i go 8-[