Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tacey

I think I burned myself Do I need to medical help?

day 5

More skin that fell of that wasn't supposed to yesterday in the shower. shock.gif I really don't want my face to be really messed up so I only applied cp.So my skin can harden up and maybe stop falling apart. My face felt like a rock after wards. The itching sensation combined with burning was too much. I couldn't sleep at all. In fact I haven't had a good night sleep since Monday. I'm used to sleeping on my face, so for me to sleep on my back is torture. So I finally got up and put some neosporin on. It helped a lot. I could tell the cp helped out a lot too because some of my raw skin is already scabing up. I put my day 5 pics up already and it looks pretty gross. I'm glad that my skin is getting darker and darker. It's a sign that my new skin underneath is pushing up and the older one is slowly ready to leave. The parts that I didn't put a lot of tca and jessener (corners of my nose and mouth) on has already came off in chunks. Which is ok because there are supposed to come off by now. I suspect that skin on my cheeks will start to peel next week. Their the ones that received the most acid. I have an appointment next week to see my derm again. Even though I find it pointless.

day 5

More skin that fell of that wasn't supposed to yesterday in the shower.   shock.gif  I really don't want my face to be really messed up so I only applied cp.So my skin can harden up and maybe stop falling apart.  My face felt like a rock after wards. The itching sensation combined with burning was too much. I couldn't sleep at all. In fact I haven't had a good night sleep since Monday. I'm used to sleeping on my face, so for me to sleep on my back is torture. So I finally got up and put some neosporin on. It helped a lot. I could tell the cp helped out a lot too because some of my raw skin is already scabing up. I put my day 5 pics up already and it looks pretty gross. I'm glad that my skin is getting darker and darker. It's a sign that my new skin underneath is pushing up and the older one is slowly ready to leave. The parts that I didn't put a lot of tca and jessener (corners of my nose and mouth) on has already came off in chunks. Which is ok because there are supposed to come off by now. I suspect that  skin on my cheeks will start to peel next week. Their the ones that received the most acid. I have an appointment next week to see my derm again. Even though I find it pointless.

Well, I really hope after you shed away all the dead skin you will turn out find. Pls keep us posted.

BTW , I just had TCA peel done at my doctor office today. 1 layer of 15 %. My skin still looks normal to me. No peeling.

NO NO NO,

I had a Jessner peel done... it looked pretty much the same as your skin

DO NOT TAKE SHOWERS AND WASH YOUR FACE !!!!!!

DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE AT ALL, IF YOU ARE APPLYING THE CREAMS BE VERRYYYYY GENTLE

YOU WILL SCAR REALLY BADLY IF YOU PEEL OFF ANY SKIN THAT IS NOT READY TO BE PEELED OFF< DO NOT PULL OFF ANY SKIN LET IT FALL OF BY ITSELF

DO NOT SCRUB AND NO HOT SHOWERS< HARDLY WASH YOUR FACE

Im telling you, if you derm didnt tell you this already, he/she is stupid because you will cause bad scarring if you peel off skin that is not ready to be pulled off

Your face will be fine, it looks like it will peel fine but do not touch your face at all

trust me. please.

Even if you have to goto work and your embarrased try to get some more time off, I dont care if there are big pieces of skin hanging off do not pull it off.!!

It sounds like you have an HMO? Can you call to switch treatment centers/primary care physicians (tell them you want to go to the one near work or whatever) so that way you can get referred to another dermatologist for your follow up? That one you saw sounds terrible and did not give you the level of care you deserve. Or if you have some extra money, you might want to also invest in just going to a good dermatologist and paying for it - I am thinking an office visit should be about $75. Your face is worth it. When something is wrong like this, you should be getting good health care. I hope everything turns out OK!

Day 6

Oh my goodness! Alpha 1 I wish you told me that earlier, then I would have never taken those hot showers. eusa_doh.gif Dang, explains alot. Hopefully the chunks that came off won't leave any scars. Like Lexy mentioned before, skin has an amazing way of healing itself.

Birdie- I do not have HMO. I just live in Canada. biggrin.gif So whatever doctor or derm I see, it's free. No matter though. If I do go see another doctor or derm, they will probably tell me the same thing the last one did. They really can't do anything except prescribe pills and cream. In which they already have.

Lexy- Thanks for giving me that info on how the skin heals. I made me ten times more relieved. Now, Im not that freaked out about my skin that fell off in the shower.

Update-Ok so I woke up this morning to find that my side of my nose was peeling uncontrollably. (by the way I applied no moisturizer or ointment on my skin last night. I'm letting it crust from now to the end.) So I went to the bathroom to see what the heck was going on. Chunks of skin was hanging out so I started to pull at it. I know I shouldn't (expecially from the warning that alpha gave me, but it was too late). The skin that I gently pulled off looked fabulous!!! Flawless!!! The part where the skin came off was on my nose and the sides. I cannot even see the pores at all. I used to have huge nasty pores that was starting to develop black heads and now it's gone. My tiny freckles that I used to have are gone too! Oh my gosh, you know the tiny bumps that some people have under the eyes and nose? Well, I had that and now, it's smooth like baby's butt! I did miss a spot where I should have applied the acid so I have a little tan mark there (along with a couple of tiny freckles, but no biggy.)It's a tiny spot so you can't really tell unless I point it out. My skin texture and color is something out of a beauty magazine! (and I have no makeup!) I never knew how the sun can damage a skin until now. From now on, it's 50 spf. I don't know if you noticed in my pics but my cheeks where swollen for a couple of days. eusa_sick.gif Now it's starting to calm back down, thanks to the pills the doc gave me. It's day 6 already and im soo excited. I can't wait until I see the results for my cheeks, if my nose looks incredible. I know my cheeks will be the last part on my face to heal and peel. After all I did put like 6-7 layers of jessener and two layers of 20% tca. So I expect it to heal and peel in about a week and half or less. Who knows? I've posted some new pics from today. Enjoy!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.j...=1&sort_order=0

Hey there Tacey.

The more pics you post, the more i realize you are HOT. The black eyelashes, the hair, the full lips, you got it going on.

Anyway, when I did my jessner peel, I peeled for nine days and took two showers over that time period.( to avoid the skin peeling off prematurely) I suggest you might want to lay off at least cleaning your face for 4 or 5 more days, maybe you could takes bathes or something.

Otherwise, you sound like your progressing good so don't jeopardize it by picking at your skin. Every time you have the urge to see what the 'new' skin will be like come post on this board or something

Day 6

Oh my goodness! Alpha 1 I wish you told me that earlier, then I would have never taken those hot showers.  eusa_doh.gif Dang, explains alot. Hopefully the chunks that came off won't leave any scars. Like Lexy mentioned before, skin has an amazing way of healing itself.

Birdie- I do not have HMO. I just live in Canada. biggrin.gif  So whatever doctor or derm I see, it's free. No matter though. If I do go see another doctor or derm, they will probably tell me the same thing the last one did. They really can't do anything except prescribe pills and cream. In which they already have.

Lexy- Thanks for giving me that info on how the skin heals. I made me ten times more relieved. Now, Im not that freaked out about my skin that fell off in the shower.

Update-Ok so I woke up this morning to find that my side of my nose was peeling uncontrollably. (by the way I applied no moisturizer or ointment on my skin last night. I'm letting it crust from now to the end.) So I went to the bathroom to see what the heck was going on. Chunks of skin was hanging out so I started to pull at it. I know I shouldn't (expecially from the warning that alpha gave me, but it was too late). The skin that I gently pulled off looked fabulous!!! Flawless!!! The part where the skin came off was on my nose and the sides. I cannot even see the pores at all. I used to have huge nasty pores that was starting to develop black heads and now it's gone. My tiny freckles that I used to have are gone too! Oh my gosh, you know the tiny bumps that some people have under the eyes and nose? Well, I had that and now, it's smooth like baby's butt! I did miss a spot where I should have applied the acid so I have a little tan mark there (along with a couple of tiny freckles, but no biggy.)It's a tiny spot so you can't really tell unless I point it out. My skin texture and color is something out of a beauty magazine! (and I have no makeup!) I never knew how the sun can damage a skin until now. From now on, it's 50 spf. I don't know if you noticed in my pics but my cheeks where swollen for a couple of days. eusa_sick.gif  Now it's starting to calm back down, thanks to the pills the doc gave me. It's day 6 already and im soo excited. I can't wait until I see the results for my cheeks, if my nose looks incredible.  I know my cheeks will be the last part on my face to heal and peel. After all I did put like 6-7 layers of jessener and two layers of 20% tca. So I expect it to heal and peel in about a week and half or less. Who knows? I've posted some new pics from today. Enjoy! 

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.j...=1&sort_order=0

acnefighter- Thanks for the compliment wub.gif You're so sweet! I will definitely not wash my face until a couple of days now. Thanks for the advice.

mkhooi- I have a little bit of redness but hopefully that will diminsh in a month or less. The only red marks I had was on my cheeks. Like I said before, my cheeks haven't even began to flake at all. So we'll have to wait to see if the peel did erase my red marks or not. I did notice an ice pick that I had near my nose and upper lip that are now leveled up. So far my improvements that I can see have surpassed all the expectations I had. Results that I thought I would never have. So i'm very pleased so far.

You will probably be okay, Darlin'. But please use a lighter application next time.

From the looks of your skin, you probably did the equivalent of a 35-40% TCA peel.

gompie-I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "mark scars." I have red marks and acne scars. My acne scars consisted of 6-8 endentations, a couple of ice picks, a linear scar, and 1-2 boxscar. I have a littel bit of irration from the cp so in a couple of my pics there are some redness on my brand new skin.

Robert-I'm still not sure if my cheeks are going to be ok or not. I'll have to see in a week or two. So I wouldn't exactly say i'm out of the clear zone. I'll definitely do a lighter application next time. Heaven knows that I wouldn't do something like that again.

I've seen too many stories of this happening to people. Scar revision is a VERY slow process even with the most ablative procedures and it has to be done in a controlled setting by an American Board Certified plastic surgeon or Aesthetic if possible. Nothing that you can do at home is going to achieve a significant long term result without the risk of seriously injuring yourself. PLEASE get some advice with someone who actually knows something about chemical burns. I wish you the best of luck! wub.gif

Tacey,

Thanks for keeping us posted and the great pictures. They are a lot of help to a lot of people.

I had a jessner peel done by a dermatologist, paid a lot for it, he only did a few layers and still now like 4months later i have a spot or patch on my face about 1/2 an inch big that is red

again tacey you will def regret it if you pull off the skin, take as much time possible off of work and leave your face alone, I wish you the best...good luck.

Day 7

All my raw skin from my cheeks have finally crusted over! Both sides feel hard as a rock, just like I want them to feel. There is a thin layer of scabs that is developing near my mouth and nose. I don't know if you can see it because of the lighting of the pic. I'm definately not going to pull anything off anymore. Just going to let everything fall on its own. Oh in some of the photos it looks like my cheeks has algae growing but its just my cp. biggrin.gif Tuesday is my last day off work and then I head back. cry.gif I'm still taking my anti-flammatory pills the doc gave me and they helped a lot. No more looking like a chipmunk! eusa_sick.gif Thanks guy for all the support. Acne.org is the only place I can find that has helped me emotionally with my acne problems. I remember when I was on my last month on accutane and I was searching for scar treatments I could do. I set my mind on doing dermabrasion but in a month a or two, I realized that I couldn't afford it. So my quest on perfect skin kept going. A freind that has the same problem as I, mentioned to me a good way to treat scars are by chemical peels. Even though I've been a member here for about a year, I never really looked into it. Even though there was plenty of information about the treatment I sure wished there were tons more pics I could see. Then I could visually understand what kind of improvement they had. I didn't really trust the pics that some doctors had on their websites. They could have easily enhanced the after pic to look more dramatic. So when I was getting ready to do my peel, I made up my mind that I was going to take pics everyday so anybody wanting to know more about chemical peels could understand what it looks like to go through it. And how the results could be for them if they tried it out. But again guys thanks for the support.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.j...74665109&page=1

Tacey, I really wan 2 thank you for documenting for daily progress. It's hard to find someone who think of helping others as well.

May I know how's ur forehead now?? Since on day 7 u din post forehead photo. And the area below ur mouth seems perfect after the peel. NO scar at all.

The reason why I haven't put much pics of my forhead is because it looks the same like it did the second day. So that one pic I put up is how my forhead looks like right now. But maybe people want to see each update on my forhead regardless if it looks the same so I'll start posting my forhead pics everyday from now on. I didn't put much acid there at all but yet its not peeling at all. Weird. The areas that has peeled, around my mouth and cheeks, are irratated. They have small bumps all around now. On top of that, it feels like I just waxed there too! My nose feels like it has just been waxed too. I should have never peeled off that skin on my nose that one day. eusa_doh.gif But what is done, is done and hopefully everything will turn out ok. Oh I forgot! I did have this tiny scar right above my upper lip. You can't really see it because the lighting and the greasy ointment. I can't really see if it has improved or not because its forming a another crust. (since it was pulled of that one day, along with my nose.) Don't worry guys, I stopped picking two days ago.

Day 8

I think I just screwed my face over!!! My boyfriend just dumped me so that's when it started. I was so depressed and angry today that I couldn't help myself! I started to pick at my left side of my face. Now it's all red and irratated. Now I"m afraid that I'll have this redness for months. Just like those dang red marks. I didn't touch my right side and I don't plan on it either. I'm just so sad and depressed and this isn't helping. I hate my face!

Do you think my redness will go away? Help! I don't want to look like a tomato!

I'm sure it will eventually fade. You can use a green concealer under your make-up to hide the redness, when u start to wear make-up. That is what dermabrasion patients are told to do to cover the redness.

I'm sure you still have some swelling, but it looks like you got a lot of improvement on your scarring! What do u think?

Day 8

I think I just screwed my face over!!! My boyfriend just dumped me so that's when it started. I was so depressed and angry today that I couldn't help myself! I started to pick at my left side of my face. Now it's all red and irratated. Now I"m afraid that I'll have this redness for months. Just like those dang red marks. I didn't touch my right side and I don't plan on it either. I'm just so sad and depressed and this isn't helping. I hate my face!

Day 8

Day 8

Tacey, please don't pick at your face, no matter what. I'm so sorry about what happened w/ you and your boyfriend, but please please please, don't pick. I know it's hard to do, but try to just think about yourself right now and what is best for your face. You don't want to mess up what you have waited this long for, you have come so far you're already at day 8.

I say, it's his loss. ((HUGS)). PM me if you need someone to talk to.