Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pizzicato

50% TCA cross experiment

pizzicato,

What are your feels about the improvements from this most recent CROSS? The pictures are good but what do you notice in the mirror specifically. Have any gotten worse and how long does the hyperpigmentation usually last on your skin type?

i definitely don't think that any have gotten worse! i'm not sure if they're gotten better either though... hopefully, like the last time i performed TCA CROSS on myself, they'll begin filling in gradually over the course of the next few months. i feel pretty optimistic about it. :)

also, the scars are now barely noticible with makeup, especially with my most recent discovery on this board - silicon primer before putting on concealer. yay!

Hi Pizzicato,

Glad your seeing results. Sorry if you have said this already, but can you explain the primer? where did you get it how you apply it? what kind do you like? thanks a lot!

I have got the solution from bettercomplexion already.

I used a toothpick to put the solution onto my scars however they didnt frost nor scab whatsoever!!

did you buy tca peel 50%? pizzicato or i am wrong....

O. i have to see my bf's parents next month and nothing is helping my scars..

can someone help me? should i try to put the solution on my face again??! :wall: Help!!

Desperate strawberry

Pizzicato, I've read your thread and see great, fantastic improvement! Congr!!!

Are you gonna do Cross again? on other scars( if you have them of course:))

I have got the solution from bettercomplexion already.

I used a toothpick to put the solution onto my scars however they didnt frost nor scab whatsoever!!

think i recall having read a post questioning the potency of the bettercomplexion dealer (ebay, yeah?)products on this forum.

day 17:

IPB Image

Hi Pizzicato,

Glad your seeing results. Sorry if you have said this already, but can you explain the primer? where did you get it how you apply it? what kind do you like? thanks a lot!

Thanks semolina for your reply.. i suspect the solution is not v strong too.

i tried to cross other scars after exfoliating.. some of the 0.5mm had frosted and scabbed. but others have not responsed. nothing like pizzicato's anyway. (lucky pizzicato!!)

and thanks pizzicato for your advise. i will wait a bit longer too. emailed the ebay gal and she said i should tried 100% solution. :confused:

i found the treated scars deeper than b4.. is it normal?

Thanks

Strawberry Skin

Hi Pizzicato,

I was wondering which type of toothpicks you use and if you do anything specifically to them before using them? (if you can, also brand) Thanks, amazing results!

Hi Pizzicato,

I was wondering which type of toothpicks you use and if you do anything specifically to them before using them? (if you can, also brand) Thanks, amazing results!

nope! i just use the toothpicks as is, although i've heard that you can get better results by sandpapering the sharped end so it's even thinner and sharper. maybe i will try that next time! i don't know the brand of toothpick, i'm sorry. i'm sure you can use any toothpick though, just as long as it isn't too thick or dull! good luck! :)

I just bought some 100% tca from bettercompexions. I got it quickly and it works great! I had purchased some from another seller which didn't frost or seem to be strong enough. (might work for spot peels) This was the real deal from bettercomplexions. I think with the lower percentages, it could get diluted or settle on the bottom of the bottle possibly. She also sends extras with the order. These big "healing" serum capsules. Not so sure what it is but seems to be good. The bottles are small which is a good thing since you don't need much of this stuff. I just put the toothpick in the bottle (the end sticks out) left it for a minute. Then I made sure there is no dripping and touched it to the inside of a scar for around 10 seconds. I actually got some frosting. I did not neutralize since I don't think it is necessary with cross. I applied some antibiotic ointment about 15 minutes later. The scar I performed it on is next to my ear and I want to see how my skin responds before I do any scars on my cheeks. :D

This question seems so redundant, I realize. I have a few scars on my cheeks, near the center, which I want to cross but can't stay home for an entire week. Would it be totally deplorable to wear just a bit of makeup over the scabs while they are healing for a few hours a day. If they weren't in the center of my cheeks then I wouldn't be concerned but the scabs might be really noticeable. When I had a dermabrasion years ago, after a week the skin was new and pink, I used physicians formula le velvet cream makeup and had no problems. I was thinking about possibly using it after a few days when the cross scabs over.???? Any ideas about this???

Some of you who are ordering 100% tca.....you may want to consider starting out with 50% FIRST. I use 50% with fabulous results and have never considered going to 100%.

If you have never done any sort of peel or your skin isn't used to tca, you may want to consider using 50% for your first few crosses to see what kind of result you get. Besides, it's cheaper and if the results are as good, then you havn't lost anything.

50% tca is extremely strong; you would never do a 50% tca whole-face peel. It's strong, but of course it's not near as strong as 100%. On the other hand, if you mess up somehow with 100%, the likelihood of permanent scarring or disfigurement is astronomical.

Please be careful and read all you can for at least a week or two before doing cross to yourself.

We have had so many screw-ups and horror stories because people took needless risks.

I am a huge proponent of self-administering tca crosses because I don't believe it takes special skills to accomplish scar correction, as long as you do your homework. On the other hand, we had a young man apply 100% tca to his back last weekend and it sounds like he may have done some damage.

Again....to reiterate....if you are JUST STARTING OUT, 50% may be better for you, and everyone I've talked to who has done 50% CORRECTLY are just as pleased as those doing 100% cross.

What exactly is a TCA cross? From what I read on this thread is it just a tca peel but instead of applying it to your whole face you apply it to just your scars with a toothpick?