Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wally

B5/Acidophilus/Milk Thistle/Pau D'Arco/Vinegar Regimen

I am trying these 4 supplements and the vinegar to try and get rid of my acne. I have a lot of spots on my forehead and cheeks, my nose is covered in blackheads, and I have pretty oily skin. I have tried BP, but it destroyed my skin.

Morning:

2 G B5 (River City Nutrition)

510 mg Pau D'Arco (Solary)

280 mg Milk Thistle (w/ 10 mg of Rosemary Extract) (Rexall)

40 mg of XTRA Premium Blend Acidophilus (Sundown)

Cider Vinegar Spot

Nite:

2 G B5 (River City Nutrition)

510 mg Pau D'Arco (Solary)

280 mg Milk Thistle (w/ 10 mg of Rosemary Extract) (Rexall)

40 mg of XTRA Premium Blend Acidophilus (Sundown)

Cider Vinegar Spot

I'll try and update it every couple of days. I also am working on adding pictures too.

Gonna bump up to 6 G of B5 (3 in the morning, 3 at night). Today is my first day doing everything from start to finish; but tomorrow I am going to add the 2 G of B5 and see if that helps the oil any!

I am adding Vitamin C too. It is good for a lot of stuff!

I am going to add 1 G of Vitamin C in the morning, and 1 G in at night. (Then brand is Rexall 500mg caplets; ascorbic acid)

I was going to post pictures, I have a couple, but I don't know how to. The pictures were of my forehead. My forehead used to be consistently clear until about a month and a half ago when it the floodgates broke and about 25 spots showed up. Today, there are probably a couple more, but no MAJOR breakouts have hit my forehead since starting this regimen. My forehead is the one area I really want to get clear, but for some reason the spots there are taking a LONG time to heal, plus they are leaving red marks-I have never had to deal with redmarks on my forehead before, I just hope they dont turn into scars too deep! My nose, filled with deep blackheads embedded in my large pores are starting to slowly come up, and the pores are getting smaller too. This is what has surprised me the most, because my nose is usually the most stubborn area of my face. My cheeks are so so. I have not really broken out like I had before, but I do have a couple of major spots and whiteheads. Tons of whiteheads which is weird, but maybe the regimen is just cleaning out the pores. My chin is still broken out some, which is weird too because my chin is like my forehead-it never breaks out. I also had three whiteheads on my chin where I have never had spots before-gross that there are spots off my face! I am going to keep it up and hopefully things will get a lot better in the future!

Not much change from last time. My nose is a little more clogged up though :D . I am still breaking out, but not in the numbers I was before. The spots from my last breakout are taking a long time to heal though and leaving red marks-something new for me. Fingers crossed my skin will continue to heal!!! [-o<

Things are starting to get better. My forehead is slowly starting to rid itself of all the bumps. My nose is still blackhead laden, but it too is getting better. The spots on my cheeks are also fading; now just have to worry about the red marks! I have upped the Vitamin C to 5 grams a day. I have also started to take 54 mg of Iron. As soon as I run out of the

Pau D'Arco I think I am going to stop it. I don't think it is doing anything. Here is a great post about Vitamin C and how it is really good for you:

http://www.clearskin4me.com/viewtopic.php?t=1669

Things are getting better and better. I think the B5 is really a major part of it. The pores in my inner cheeks are a lot clearer and smaller. I haven't really broken out much, except today I just had one spot, which is a relief that is isnt 5 or 10! I think I am going to boost my B5 intake to 8 G and see if that helps a little. I have been using lemon juice topically to help with the red marks. They seem to be doing a pretty good job!

My face is continuing to look better. I didn't think it would be this soon! My forehead has really subsided, things are settling down. My nose is still clogged up, although the blackheads are not as large/not as deep, so that is good. I think once I up the B5 that problem should start to fade away. Right now I am on 10 grams of B5, but my I am going to go up to 12 Grams in a little bit and see how I do there for a while. I am also weaning myself off the Acidophilus so that I won't have to take as many pills! My red spots continue to improve, although last night I used the white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar and my face is a little red today, so I am not going to use the white distilled again.

My face is still pretty good. I am now up to 12 G of B5 now. I am going to keep up on the B5 and Vitamin C, but I am want to streamline my other vitamins. I am also thinking about adding/replacing zinc and if I can find it gugulipid (guggul), an Indian herb which is better than Tetracycline, although I don't know if I really need it right now.

Has anyone else been taking B5 for a while? I have and I know it will get the bad stuff out, although my nose has smaller pores on it, but the blackheads are coming up. Anyone know how long this will last?

Also, if anyone has suggestions for new things to add or why to take out cetain vitamins, make sure to post.

Blueeyedbia, great to hear this news. My problems sound similar to yours but I went the route of a derm due to my problems with herbs because of my kidney disorder. I have been on Duac, Differin, and minocycline for 4 days and already see a big improvement. But, I also take Vitamin B5, C, and do the lemon juice thing.

Also, you might want to try lavender essential oil and tea tree oil. They are both antibacterial and therefore healing. Continued luck to you and thanks for posting. You are helping a lot of people.

P.S. Pau d'arco is good for eczema, actually.

Thanks girlygirl. I hope that your acne continues to fade away and your face gets better and better!!!

Still doing 12 Grams of B5, 4-6 grams of Vitamin C, and I recently added a Walgreens multivitamin. I have put the Pau D"Arco in the cabinet and am weaning myself off the milk thistle and acidophilus. Still using the lemon juice and cider vinegar topically too. I'm changing what I take because I continue to research different supplements and vitamins to help fight acne internally!