Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forever-Lovely

Does Waxing Break You Out?

I don't wax my facial areas because it'd be a mess. I do my bikini and underarms and I'll get irritation bumps that linger forever. I'm thinking about just going back to shaving. I guess we have sensitive skin : (

I don't wax my facial areas because it'd be a mess. I do my bikini and underarms and I'll get irritation bumps that linger forever. I'm thinking about just going back to shaving. I guess we have sensitive skin : (

thnx for your reply. going back to shaving isn't a bad idea, although i really like the smoothness and longerlastingness (lol couldn't think of another word) of the waxing. oh well. cry.gif

Guest Tempest

yes..I had my face waxed before and it broke out really bad sad.gif .....it took a few weeks to clear up...

Last night I couldn't take it, so I thought I would try a cream instead of a wax. I got the Hairoff Facial Hair Remover Cream that you brush on, then leave on for 4 minutes. Okay, I did it last night and NO BREAK OUT! Its hypo-allergenic, so I think thats why. My upper lip is all smooth, not red at all, and no little pimples or whiteheads coming up! yay!!! eusa_dance.gif

i am really hairy, so i have to either wax or thread my eyebrows, upper lip and sideburns (which are the bain of my existence) and i don't break out too much when i do it, but my upper lip and sideburns are a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COLOR than the rest of my face. i look like a freak. they're all smooth and normal skinned while the rest of my face, where i don't wax/thread, is pink and irritated looking. i think it's this way because of the constant ripping off of the top layer of skin.

so, in essence, i am hairy where i have nice skin, and pink and porous where i am hair-free. yeah.

lol, i wasn't implying that I shave my upper lip. That wouldn't be good. I even break out from bleaches and hair removal cream. I can't seem to tolerate anything. Even razors give me bumps if i dont moisturize well enough.

I don't "break out" from waxing -- I get ingrown hairs. I can't wax anywhere on my body! In order to shave my legs, I have to use a pumice to exfoliate in order to avoid the ingrown hairs (sigh)...I've been at this for decades and found that this is the ONLY thing that works.

So, it may not be pimples that people are getting, but ingrown hairs.

Cashmira biggrin.gif

I wax my upper lip, underarms and bikini. I apply TENDSKIN right after with a cotton pad. It does burn but boy does it reduce razor burn, breakouts and ingrowns. I get ingrowns in my bikini area but if I apply the tendskin once a day until the hairs start growing, I hardly get ingowns.

http://www.tendskin.com/

Hope this help!

Sanopi